Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:52:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic Cigarettes (Price Lowered)  (Read 37185 times)
KingFisher9 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 10:25:37 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 03:41:21 AM by KingFisher9

About a month ago I tried starting an online store selling Electronic Cigarettes. I bought the domain name www.ElectricDrag.com, I set up a store, bought some inventory, and started marketing. Everything was going ok for the first couple of days I even made a few sales, but I pretty quickly discovered that its really hard to find someone who is willing to process credit cards for E-Cigs. After paypal closed down my account I attempted to open a merchant account at several places and got denied each time and each time I was explained that its practically impossible to start a new merchant account right now to accept payments for Electronic Cigarettes.

I am left with a little bit of inventory, which I can't sell on ebay because even ebay doesn't allow the sale of Electronic Cigarettes. So I'm going to try and sell it here for BTC. This is actually a great example of how awesome BTC is for industries such as these. In order for me to set up a merchant account for Electronic Cigarettes I would have to jump through hoops like a trained circus animal, pay tons of fees, go through a long and painful application process, and still probably get denied at the end. Or I can start accepting BTC as payments today.

I also fully plan on reinvesting any funds I get from the sale of these E-Cigs back into the BTC community. I plan on hiring someone from this forum to help me design another website to sell Electronic Cigarettes, that will only accept BTC as a form of payment. I'm also working on another e-commerce project that will also only accept BTC as a form of payment.

Summary: I'm selling E-Cigs leftover from an online business I had, the funds from the sale will be reinvested back into the BTC community.

First... The Sales Pitch

Why E-Cigarettes?

There are many benefits to ditching your regular old tobacco cigarettes and switching to a cleaner electronic cigarette. Electronic Cigarettes have...

NO TAR
NO SMOKE
NO CARBON MONOXIDE
NO ASHES or BUTTS
NO BAD SMELL or BAD BREATH
NO AIR POLLUTION
NO DANGER OF SECOND HAND SMOKE

We've all seen as the price of tobacco has sky rocketed over the past couple of years. Smoking is becoming more and more of a financial stain for the average smoker, with a pack of cigarettes selling for as much as $10 in some places. Electronic Cigarettes on the other hand are a much cheaper solution. After your initial investment in a starter kit, you will be able to purchase the equivalent of 10 packs of cigarettes for only .5 BTC! On top of that the starter kit already comes with 10 cartridges which is the equivalence of 10 packs of cigarettes!

Electronic Cigarettes are also more convenient than tobacco cigarettes as there are less restrictions as to where they can be smoked. In most states there are no restrictions and Electronic Cigarettes can be used ANYWHERE, even indoors! They are so convenient that you can even use them in the shower!

The reason that the law is so lenient on the use of Electronic Cigarettes could be explained by the greatly lowered risk of second hand smoke. The American Association of Public Health Physicians has come out in support of Electronic Cigarettes and they believe that the risk of second hand smoke is significantly decreased by Electronic Cigarettes.

Second... The Products

Starter Kit (5 left)

This starter kit comes with EVERYTHING you need to start using your E-Cigarette the day it arrives!

The starter kit includes:

- 2 E-Cigarettes
- 1 USA Wall charger
- 1 Car charger
- 1 USB charger
- 10 Cartridges

Each cartridge is the equivalent of one pack of cigarettes!

PRICE: 3 BTC
SHIPPING: FREE IN THE USA, 1 BTC FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

Cartridges (unlimited)

I have many of these in stock and there's a store about 15 minutes away from me that sells these so I'm able to offer a wide variety of flavors that I can pick up for you.

Each cartridge is the equivalent of a full pack of cigarettes! Each pack contains 10 cartridges!

Each Flavor comes in different levels of nicotine (HIGH, MEDIUM, or LOW). The LOW nicotine option is only available for Regular Tobacco, Marlboro Tobacco, and Menthol flavors.
Flavors:
-Regular Tobacco
-Camel Tobacco
-Marlboro Tobacco
-Menthol
-Chocolate
-Coffee
-Vanilla
-Strawberry
-Cherry
-Mandarin Orange

PRICE: .4 BTC
SHIPPING: FREE IN THE USA (If you buy 2 or more cartridges or buy extra cartridges with a starter pack) otherwise its .2 BTC in the USA or 1 BTC for international shipping.

Third... Payment/Shipping/Returns

PAYMENT

If you are interested in purchasing an E-Cig/Cartridges from me just click one of the "buy now" buttons.

All of the buttons are the same in this thread and they will all give you a price of 3 BTC, obviously you can adjust that amount based on what you're buying I just figured that the average purchase will be a 3 BTC starter kit. If you are making a purchase that is not 3 BTC then there will be a 24 hour waiting period before the payment clears because MyBitCoin takes 24 hours to process a payment if the amount of the payment isn't the same as the amount programmed in the payment button. If you prefer not to wait 24 hours send me a PM and I will reply with a payment address to which you can send the payment directly. Chances are that I will get back to you within a few hours unless I'm sleeping.

BitCoin address to which you sent payment:
Your Name:
Your Shipping Address:
Items Purchased (remember to include the flavor and nicotine strength):

SHIPPING

Everything will be shipped via priority mail within 2 business days and a tracking number will be provided for you.

RETURNS

If for some reason you are not fully satisfied I will issue you a FULL REFUND within 30 days of the purchase date

Thanks everyone for looking. If you have any questions/comments feel free to PM/Email me or just post in this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 06:07:44 AM

Wow, this is an incredibly easy way to sell things... you can put a "buy it now" button right in the forums. That never occurred to me, and it's pretty cool. If business goes well, will you be rebuilding ElectricDrag?

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago. I've been really curious about e-cigarettes ever since I heard of them, but I'm afraid starting up with them would only make me crave the real thing again. But if I were still a smoker, I'd probably be a customer!

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
tito13kfm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:22:17 AM

Are the cartridges VG or PG based?  I tried e-cigs for about 2 weeks and my jaw almost completely locked up on me, and my neck was soar.  I switched back to regular cigarettes and I was fine.  Thought it was a fluke, so tried it again, same symptoms.  Found out it's a pretty common allergy to inhaled propylene glycol vapor.

Another common misconception is that 1 cartridge = 1 pack of smokes.  While it may be true that they contain roughly the same amount of nicotine by volume, you will not absorb nearly as much of it and as a pack a day smoker will likely blow through 2-3 carts a day... stock up.

Also, thank you for not referring to the "smoke" that is exhaled as water vapor.  The ads on TV completely enrage me, it's not water vapor, it's PG or VG vapor.

1 last question.  Is it 3 part or 2 part e-cig?  The 3 part ones can be refilled with juice or just a drop applied directly to the atomizer, the 2 parts can't and you are locked in to using the expensive replacement cartridges.

Wow, this is an incredibly easy way to sell things... you can put a "buy it now" button right in the forums. That never occurred to me, and it's pretty cool. If business goes well, will you be rebuilding ElectricDrag?

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago. I've been really curious about e-cigarettes ever since I heard of them, but I'm afraid starting up with them would only make me crave the real thing again. But if I were still a smoker, I'd probably be a customer!

I used this method without the fancy buy now button to sell some xbox live codes.

A really neat feature is you can specify a URL to redirect to after completion of payment, I linked it to a form where the person submitted their email address.  If I was smart enough I could use the merchant API to monitor the transaction and auto-email out the codes, but sadly I am not.
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 08:04:16 AM

i might take you up on this offer. posting here so i can check up on you later.

need to mine some more.

see ya soon.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
KingFisher9 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 10:00:10 AM

Yes I will, The ultimate plan is to have Electric Drag back up and running from the funds I get from these and to only accept BTC on Electric Drag. I'm actually hoping to get 2 online stores going from the sale of these E-Cigs, both will only accept BTC.
KingFisher9 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 10:07:51 AM

Are the cartridges VG or PG based?  I tried e-cigs for about 2 weeks and my jaw almost completely locked up on me, and my neck was soar.  I switched back to regular cigarettes and I was fine.  Thought it was a fluke, so tried it again, same symptoms.  Found out it's a pretty common allergy to inhaled propylene glycol vapor.

Another common misconception is that 1 cartridge = 1 pack of smokes.  While it may be true that they contain roughly the same amount of nicotine by volume, you will not absorb nearly as much of it and as a pack a day smoker will likely blow through 2-3 carts a day... stock up.

Also, thank you for not referring to the "smoke" that is exhaled as water vapor.  The ads on TV completely enrage me, it's not water vapor, it's PG or VG vapor.

1 last question.  Is it 3 part or 2 part e-cig?  The 3 part ones can be refilled with juice or just a drop applied directly to the atomizer, the 2 parts can't and you are locked in to using the expensive replacement cartridges.

Unfortunately I can't say if they're PG or VG based. I've contacted the manufacturer and am waiting for their reply. I will let you know as soon as I do.

The manufacturer of these Electronic Cigarettes advertises each cartridge as having about 200 puffs or the equivalent of one pack of cigarette. There are 10 cartridges in a pack and at the current BTC price thats about 7.50 for 10 cartridges. I can't imagine that this would be anywhere short of being several times cheaper than smoking tobacco cigarettes.

It is a 2 part E-Cig. This is actually the first time I've heard anyone prefer the 3 part E-cig over the 2 part E-cig. I've heard most people complain about how messy the liquid is, but obviously I am biased on this so don't take my word for it and do your own research. Take a look at the price of the cartridges, they are several times cheaper than tobacco cigarettes (even if 3 cartridges equal one pack of cigarettes instead of just 1 cartriidge) and I, by no means, find them expensive.  
KingFisher9 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:53:29 PM

Do you ship to EU?

Yes I do. I updated the shipping prices to reflect that. Unfortunately international shipping is not cheap and will cost extra.
KingFisher9 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:47:35 PM

Unfortunately I can't say if they're PG or VG based. I've contacted the manufacturer and am waiting for their reply. I will let you know as soon as I do.

The manufacturer of these Electronic Cigarettes advertises each cartridge as having about 200 puffs or the equivalent of one pack of cigarette. There are 10 cartridges in a pack and at the current BTC price thats about 7.50 for 10 cartridges. I can't imagine that this would be anywhere short of being several times cheaper than smoking tobacco cigarettes.

It is a 2 part E-Cig. This is actually the first time I've heard anyone prefer the 3 part E-cig over the 2 part E-cig. I've heard most people complain about how messy the liquid is, but obviously I am biased on this so don't take my word for it and do your own research. Take a look at the price of the cartridges, they are several times cheaper than tobacco cigarettes (even if 3 cartridges equal one pack of cigarettes instead of just 1 cartriidge) and I, by no means, find them expensive.  

They are PG based
tito13kfm

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:58:54 PM

They are PG based

Sad

Damn my allergies.  Sadly I'm better off smoking real cigs than the PG ones.  My body super converts it in to lactic acid in my joints and it makes it so I can barely move my neck or jaw.

This is a normal reaction for your body to turn PG in to lactic acid, but my body does it too readily and is terrible at passing the lactic acid so it settles in my joints.  I have only really read of it affecting a handful of other people in the same way, so don't let my reaction steer you away from this product.  It would be like somebody saying they are allergic to peanuts, so you don't eat it for fear that you might be allergic.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:10:55 PM

I was considering buying/trying but conventional cigarettes is alot cheaper for me lol.

Packet of stuyvesant extra mild 20's cost $3 where I am from, going at a modest $15 per btc, thats about the equil of 0.1btc per packet compared to the 0.5btc per cartridge :/

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
tito13kfm

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:47:18 PM

I was considering buying/trying but conventional cigarettes is alot cheaper for me lol.

Packet of stuyvesant extra mild 20's cost $3 where I am from, going at a modest $15 per btc, thats about the equil of 0.1btc per packet compared to the 0.5btc per cartridge :/

.5BTC per package of cartridges.  Each pack contains 10
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:32:24 PM

Prefilled cartridges are definitely PG based and usually don't have any VG in them at all. If you're looking for pure VG based liquid you need to find a company that mixes liquids per order instead of selling pre-mixed bottles. I've been mixing my own liquid for over a year now (and that's over a year off cigarettes too) but I don't sell it outside of supplying it to some of my friends usually. If you want to know more, pm me and I can help you find someone that can do 100% VG e-juice.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
DonnyCMU

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 11:55:22 AM

Which model are you selling? good 'ol 510?

Also,
Are the cartridges VG or PG based?  I tried e-cigs for about 2 weeks and my jaw almost completely locked up on me, and my neck was soar.  I switched back to regular cigarettes and I was fine.  Thought it was a fluke, so tried it again, same symptoms.  Found out it's a pretty common allergy to inhaled propylene glycol vapor.
Perhaps you can try this http://www.smokereal.com/
Just launched a few weeks back. It's a unique new type of e-cig with different atomizer design. No VG or PG, and it emit no vapor, unlike other ecigs. Pretty good reviews so far. And it's cheap too.

disclaimer: It's a public company, and I'm a shareholder Cheesy
BitVapes

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 10:17:42 PM

I have used the e-cigs like these in the OP and they honestly produce very little satisfying vapor.   People have moved on from these towards low-resistance atomizers, high voltage mod devices, or high performance e-cigs like the Joye eGo.

Just check youtube, google, e-cig forum, vapersforum etc. for 'eGo review'

Unfortunately many people buy these cheap, small low quality e-cigs as their first one and quit using it and go back to 'analog cigarettes.'  

Get something high quality like an eGo with low resistance atomizers from the beginning and experience real vaping.

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:23:10 PM

After asking a couple detailed questions of KingFisher9 last week regarding the products and electronic cigarettes in general (which he answered promptly/thoroughly), I placed an order with him and received the product I ordered as expected and on time.

Will do business with again in future.

Thanks!
KingFisher9 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:06:07 AM

Due to the rising price of BTC (YAY!) I have lowered the price of the starter kit to 3 BTC and the price of the cartridges to .4 BTC
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 12:55:59 PM

I received my order as described and it was quick!  A good seller and no problems.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
LehmanSister

Activity: 68

High Desert Dweller-Where Space and Time Meet $

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:17:49 PM

As a somewhat 'advanced vaper,' I'm just not interested. I'll do BTC for decent mod kit parts, milspec batteries, quality vaporizers and pure nicotine for mixing, however. Custom metal drip tips and an easily serviceable USB pass through would be chill too. If you can convince a commodities broker like madvapes to do an affiliate program with you with you taking the risk on the exchange, I'd also run through you.

ISO: small island nations with large native populations excited to pay tribute to flying gods, will trade BTC.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:32:54 PM

Indeed. At the very least, sell some 510 parts.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
BitVapes

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 09:39:49 PM

As a somewhat 'advanced vaper,' I'm just not interested. I'll do BTC for decent mod kit parts, milspec batteries, quality vaporizers and pure nicotine for mixing, however. Custom metal drip tips and an easily serviceable USB pass through would be chill too. If you can convince a commodities broker like madvapes to do an affiliate program with you with you taking the risk on the exchange, I'd also run through you.

check out http://bitvapes.com  Wink

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: