Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YOU ARE HERE  (Read 4855 times)
ruski (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:47:46 AM

When I am bullish it's because I know other people are bullish. It has nothing to do with the real valuation, just mass psychology.

I like you. That's how I played the 2008-2009 crash.

That said your position of having sold and waiting for a dip is showing rather clearly.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:49:06 AM

• we already had a first sell off at around $27
  • we already had A LOT of media attention. Almost everybody know about BTC at this point.
  • we already had A LOT of enthusiasm, greed, delusion and "new paradigm" screamed all over
  • the bulls are now saying "return to normal, heading to the ATH"

We haven't seen the full effects of such widespread media attention yet, I don't believe. Buying into BTC isn't as simple as calling your broker for first timers. We've always got enthusiasm and greed.

The key to this for me was that I sold out at $60, waiting for the second dip to continue much lower to buy. It never came and I bought back in at $120 ouch; it was a single-dip selloff in the scheme of things. The price now is moving almost as fast as it was on the runup to $260; all that new money is starting to take its position and everyone's afraid of being left out.

Of course it's a short term bubble. It may or may not lead to an actual new paradigm, with the market so much in its infancy; some of that money must plan to stay; either way I'm (again) not bothering to swing trade for fear of being left behind. Buy and Hold up in this bitch.

In bold something that is very true. Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

Anyway, I'm sure this is going to be a bumpy ride.

batcoin

Activity: 238

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:53:34 AM

• we already had a first sell off at around $27
  • we already had A LOT of media attention. Almost everybody know about BTC at this point.
  • we already had A LOT of enthusiasm, greed, delusion and "new paradigm" screamed all over
  • the bulls are now saying "return to normal, heading to the ATH"

We haven't seen the full effects of such widespread media attention yet, I don't believe. Buying into BTC isn't as simple as calling your broker for first timers. We've always got enthusiasm and greed.

The key to this for me was that I sold out at $60, waiting for the second dip to continue much lower to buy. It never came and I bought back in at $120 ouch; it was a single-dip selloff in the scheme of things. The price now is moving almost as fast as it was on the runup to $260; all that new money is starting to take its position and everyone's afraid of being left out.

Of course it's a short term bubble. It may or may not lead to an actual new paradigm, with the market so much in its infancy; some of that money must plan to stay; either way I'm (again) not bothering to swing trade for fear of being left behind. Buy and Hold up in this bitch.

In bold something that is very true. Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

Anyway, I'm sure this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Yes, very bumpy. So keep your eyes on the road!

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
ruski (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:54:20 AM

Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

I was talking with my manager today about Bitcoin. This is a man that trades commodity futures at 75-100x leverage. And he thinks I'm insane.

Only the most extremely high risk pools will be investing here yet, IMO.

blackreplica

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 10:54:44 AM

The first sell of was in 2011 and teh big  one was two weeks ago so obviously we're at return to normal.
This shit is going to fall hard within the next few days. Bitcoin hangs from the thread that is mt. gox. If anything at all bad happens to them, the whole market is fucked.

SO when you are bullish you ignore this above statement you made?

Now since you sold at $135 you are bearish so you need to talk the price down to buy back in.

LOL

So many noobs around here.
When I am bullish it's because I know other people are bullish. It has nothing to do with the real valuation, just mass psychology.

Not too long ago, I saw how sure yourself you were about your predictions. Now that you're wrong, you're singing a totally different tune, it's unbecoming. If you really want to be a good trader, set your emotions aside and prepare for every contingency including the ones you don't want to happen. If you're betting on a $55 price anytime in the near future and nothing else...I'd suggest you find something else to do.

www.sgBitcoin.net - The Premier News, Discussion & Marketplace Destination for the Singaporean Bitcoin Community
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:56:54 AM

Now let's see how the bubble burst has scared new investors, or convinced them that is a good point to "hop onto the train before it leaves the station"

I was talking with my manager today about Bitcoin. This is a man that trades commodity futures at 75-100x leverage. And he thinks I'm insane.

I agree. We need serious infrastucture for serious money to jump into BTC

Just a very few people has the balls to pump millions of $ to a Japanese company with a Polish bank account to buy a virtual currency that is traded in a very illiquid market. And I would bet that no corporation/hedge fund, etc. has the balls to do that ATM.

Ares

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:00:26 AM

The first sell of was in 2011 and teh big  one was two weeks ago so obviously we're at return to normal.
This shit is going to fall hard within the next few days. Bitcoin hangs from the thread that is mt. gox. If anything at all bad happens to them, the whole market is fucked.

SO when you are bullish you ignore this above statement you made?

Now since you sold at $135 you are bearish so you need to talk the price down to buy back in.

LOL

So many noobs around here.

They aren't?
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

Bear Trap or Bull Trap, according to the graph we will eventually tank and hit ~30 USD again either way.  Smiley

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:19:45 AM

Bear Trap or Bull Trap, according to the graph we will eventually tank and hit ~30 USD again either way.  Smiley

Yes the holy graph that is our bitcoin bible and can only be used and interpreted in 100 billion ways to suit everyone's opinion. 

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:42:59 AM

"bull trap"

lol. Seriously, when will people stop saying that.

when people stop saying this:

We're at return to "normal"

If we blow past $250 this week, you'll be wrong.

we're going to fly right past 'normal' and overcorrect back into misery again. we've probably already departed from sustainable prices, at this rate.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
ManBearPig

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:12:36 PM

I believe we're at the point denoted as, "Fuck the chart, this isn't a stock"

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:18:31 PM

still in the middle of "stealth phase" preparing for "take off" somewhere around 1800$

or on much shorter time frame

image credit Andi2k

bahahahahaha NICE + ONE!!!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:21:20 PM

we're going to fly right past 'normal' and overcorrect back into misery again. we've probably already departed from sustainable prices, at this rate.

+1.

While I think the development of the past week is starting to prove the permabears ("We're going back to 20!!!") wrong, I'm now afraid we're *overshooting* the target again.

Moderation, people. Moderation.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
just1nmc

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:33:42 PM

+1.

While I think the development of the past week is starting to prove the permabears ("We're going back to 20!!!") wrong, I'm now afraid we're *overshooting* the target again.

Moderation, people. Moderation.

I agree for right now, but I could see the fundamentals behind the price catching up over the next couple months if it doesn't overshoot too far.

The crash has not seemed to deter new merchants from accepting; if anything the rate has increased this week. There are also several new exchanges being worked on, and the ATMs are not far off.
Mouser

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:41:25 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 01:08:56 PM by Mouser

Put a start point at about $2 two years ago. Put a second point on today's date at about $139.

Draw a simple line beginning at two years ago, including today's point, and extending several years into the future. Though only linear and an approximation, that rough line indicates the gradual incremental growth of BTC wrt USD now and in the near future. Up to 266 or down to 50.25 and everything in between is the result of day traders needing rises and falls to inspire trades where they can earn money.

The demand for BTC is still 50 times the supply. IMO that is one of the fundamental reasons BTC is appreciating along with a gradual increase of companies accepting BTC as payment.

In several years one BTC will be worth over 2,000 USD  using gradual incremental increase. That doesn't deny the possibility of spikes to 4,000 USD per coin in bubble(s).
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:05:25 PM

Yes.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:15:12 PM

Exactly.

Press releases, hoarding, and, Mt Gox (who IMO does everything they can to 'cool down' any natural sell-off then blames it on dark forces because Bitcoin apparently never goes down unless there is a nefarious scheme), will produce bubble after bubble until people finally lose interest.

There is no normal. If any of you really love Bitcoin, you don't want it to go up like this day after day......

naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:18:59 PM

If any of you really love Bitcoin, you don't want it to go up like this day after day......

Nobody cares about bitcoins. People just want to make some profits (in usd).
ruski (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:22:00 PM

If any of you really love Bitcoin, you don't want it to go up like this day after day......

Nobody cares about bitcoins. People just want to make some profits (in usd).

I like mine in AUD! Smiley

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:23:04 PM

The first sell of was in 2011 and teh big  one was two weeks ago so obviously we're at return to normal.

All the local people contacting me to buy bitcoins seem to think differently.  And this is rural West Virginia, where 98% of people are still stuck 30 years in the past.  MtGox isn't that important.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: