Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 09:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cgminer 3.0.1 and Lucid Logix Virtu MVP software help config needed.  (Read 4255 times)
pctech4747 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 03:05:31 PM

Hi I wish i could post this in the cgminer thread but im limited as a newbie.

I have a z77 motherboard and a pretty good intel cpu 3570k with an onchip igpu that does not disable if you insert a discrete video card on the motherboard.

The intel 4000 hd igpu has its own OpenCL code and i can seperatly overclock the igpu on the cpu to play all my games decently.

My goal was to use cgminer at intensity 9 on my 6970 video card overclocked, and use the igpu to play games and surf web.

I have Lucid Logix  Virtu MVP installed and connected to the igpu port.

Once I start cgminer I get this: 
ADL found less devices than opencl!
There is possibly more than one display attached to a GPU
Use the gpu map feature to reliably map OpenCL to ADL
Warning:   number of opencl and ADL do not match!
Hardware monitoring may not match up with devices!

---------------------------------------

So can someone help me figure this out?   
pctech4747 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 07:41:12 PM

buried cause nobody knows.  close this thread.
petala

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

what does "cgminer -n" show? we can then debug after knowing all the information.

i am interested in this setup and want to know if it can work.
pctech4747 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 11:52:48 AM

http://www.jake47.com/hostedsigs/cgminersnapshot.PNG
petala

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:00:52 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 12:11:43 PM by petala

OK. I suggest you also include this in your command when you launch cgminer:

"--gpu-platform 0"

so do "cgminer --gpu-platform 0 ...."

let me know what happens.I am really interested in making a similar setup. Mine exclusively without slowdown on AMD, browse/light game on Intel integrated.

Should be able to work fine theoretically

would be helpful if you can list your mobo model too
pctech4747 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:02:19 PM

k my motherboard is the Asrock z77 Extreme 4. ivy bridge if your wondering that.
this is what i got after adding that command, which ive already tried that before i started the post, just didnt mention that.
http://www.jake47.com/hostedsigs/cgminersnapshot2.PNG
petala

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:32:57 PM

So it seems to be working now?

Looks like performance is acceptable and shares are getting accepted?

Are you using the monitor on the integrated GPU or connected to the AMD gpu?
pctech4747 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 01:09:07 AM

I am connected thru the igpu port.  I have had this working like this even without the --gpu-platform 0  its just nice to try and see if i can get the hardware monitor in cgminer to work correctly so i can overclock when I want without unplugging, plugging into dgpu then back into igpu. 

also without the hardware monitor working in cgminer, it cannot throttle making it dangerous in case of a some sort of failure on the video card.

i also played around with the --gpu-map with no luck.

petala

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:08:00 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 05:07:49 PM by petala

It should be possible to make this work.

Maybe try asking the cgminer developer(user "ckolivas" on here)?

I see a similar older thread where somebody got it working fine it seems:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87611.0

Some possible suggestions from the other thread:

make sure bios is listed as using the integrated graphics not PCIe graphics as primary
try putting a dummy plug on the radeon (sounds like what is needed here most likely?)
follow directions there about installing amd drivers then intel(see first post)
investigate lucid logix mvp virtu thing
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:06:56 PM

Yea, get rid of lucid logix, you don't need it. Make sure UEFI is set for the intels IGP. You need a dummy plug for the AMD card. Monitor plugged into the IGP port.

In my thread above, I was just testing that piece of crap software, turned out it's a piece of crap. Uninstall lucid logix.

Edit:
I'm actually mining away with two 5850's now, on litecoin. Prior was one 5850 and mining bitcoin, I believe.

Edit2:
BTW, I'm on a ASRock Z75 Pro3 with an I3-2100 Intel.
petala

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:10:54 PM

Yea, get rid of lucid logix, you don't need it. Make sure UEFI is set for the intels IGP. You need a dummy plug for the AMD card. Monitor plugged into the IGP port.

In my thread above, I was just testing that piece of crap software, turned out it's a piece of crap. Uninstall lucid logix.

Edit:
I'm actually mining away with two 5850's now, on litecoin. Prior was one 5850 and mining bitcoin, I believe.

so did you manage to get this setup working with cgminer being able to adjust temps and clocks on the amd radeon card?

how come you need dummy plugs as I understood that after 12.6 drivers windows does not need dummy plugs anymore.

maybe only in this case(intel igpu integrated and amd radeon dedicated) you still need dummy plugs in windows. how about doing this setup in linux?

is fglrx still coupled to the xorg video module?

thx for trying to help pekv2!

OP see here how to make a dummy plug:http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug
pekv2

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:19:00 PM

so did you manage to get this setup working with cgminer being able to adjust temps and clocks on the amd radeon card?

how come you need dummy plugs as I understood that after 12.6 drivers windows does not need dummy plugs anymore.

maybe only in this case(intel igpu integrated and amd radeon dedicated) you still need dummy plugs in windows. how about doing this setup in linux?

thx for trying to help pekv2!

Yup@ cgminer can control my clocks and temps, cgminer for scrypt = litecoin mining. And GUIminer for Bitcoin mining.

I dunno, I just needed the dummy plugs period, the driver would throw an error saying I don't have any AMD cards installed or something without dummy plugs, trust me, I needed them.

I should mention I am using WIndows7 x64 with mys setup. I have no idea about linux, I don't use linux, I am very littel knowledgeable on how to use debian based linux systems, I just choose to use my preferred OS which is Win7x64.

Have no idea, see if any linux guru's can answer this for you.

--

I am using 13.2B7ccc, SDK 13.2B7 supplied.

13.2B7 = 13.2 Beta 7 Catalyst Control Center.
pekv2

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:26:30 PM

Note: I've uninstalled 13.2B7 driver, installed and using 13.5Beta2 drive without any hiccups.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187574.msg1953938#msg1953938
petala

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:30:42 PM

wondering if OP got it working..

please let us know
Sidorovich

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:42:03 PM

I actually have the same problem as the OP, but I don't have integrated graphics. I made a thread about it but nobody gave an answer.

Does anyone know how to input commands into cgminer? I read that you can map your gpus with commands to fix this, but it won't let me do anything. When I run it I get this:

Code:
[2013-04-26 17:38:53] Started cgminer 3.0.1
 [2013-04-26 17:38:54] ADL found less devices than opencl!
 [2013-04-26 17:38:53] Started cgminer 3.0.1
 [2013-04-26 17:38:54] ADL found less devices than opencl!
 [2013-04-26 17:38:54] There is possibly more than one display attached to a GPU

[2013-04-26 17:38:54] Use the gpu map feature to reliably map OpenCL to ADL
 [2013-04-26 17:38:54] WARNING: Number of OpenCL and ADL devices did not match!
 [2013-04-26 17:38:54] Hardware monitoring may NOT match up with devices!
 [2013-04-26 17:38:54] Need to specify at least one pool server.
Input server details.
URL:

If I enter my pool url and other info, it just crashes after a few seconds. Am I doing something wrong?
pctech4747 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 04:18:39 PM

ivy bridge motherboards and chips are different with lucid logix than the older sandy bridge, still may be crappy emulating the discrete card confusing cgminer.  I have tried it without lucid installed and it does same exact behavior if i use both igpu and discrete. 

i guess the dummy plug may be mandatory.  i have a dsub and an hdmi switch on my monitor and tried using both connections on my pc to the same 1 monitor, but i cannot monitor the discrete temps and monitor the igpu at the same time yet device manager shows both devices fine.  its just a matter of finding the communication port for the hardware monitoring when the igpu is being used at same time.  not sure if its even possible.im sure if it was it would work.

i just plug into the discrete first ona fresh reboot, adjust the overclocks, then unplug it and plug into igpu and all works , but no hardware monitoring.

petala

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

Very strange. For some it works while for others it doesn't?

I would like to know why this difference as I am planning a similar build and don't want to end up unable to monitor my temps/change my clocks.
pekv2

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:03:31 PM

Very strange. For some it works while for others it doesn't?

I would like to know why this difference as I am planning a similar build and don't want to end up unable to monitor my temps/change my clocks.

Yea, I dunno. I don't know if he is using a dummy plug or not, he does not really explain if he is using a dummy plug or not.  It should work. Unless it is an ivy bridge problem, if that is the case, I will not upgrade to ivy in the near future.
pctech4747 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:10:07 AM

I hear reviews saying that the Ati control panel is bugged with lucid logix virtu mvp software but if you use nvidia you can access its control panel fine.  no reviews i have found mention losing hardware monitoring..

I currently have the whole virtu software off mode, plugged into the ati card and monitoring temps now fine its just i want to use the onboard igpu that my intel cpu has as it plays games decent, surfs web everything smooth while i can crank 13 intensity on my ati card mining full blast ahead..

im sure we can get it working but have to try different bios configs with primary adaptor, multimonitor option in bios etc.   

i dont use a dummy plug no.  maybie ill try that and see if i can gain my monitoring of the card while usin igpu too.

petala

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:47:20 PM

I hear reviews saying that the Ati control panel is bugged with lucid logix virtu mvp software but if you use nvidia you can access its control panel fine.  no reviews i have found mention losing hardware monitoring..

I currently have the whole virtu software off mode, plugged into the ati card and monitoring temps now fine its just i want to use the onboard igpu that my intel cpu has as it plays games decent, surfs web everything smooth while i can crank 13 intensity on my ati card mining full blast ahead..

im sure we can get it working but have to try different bios configs with primary adaptor, multimonitor option in bios etc.   

i dont use a dummy plug no.  maybie ill try that and see if i can gain my monitoring of the card while usin igpu too.

Definately try getting a dummy plug and keep us posted.

I think maybe it is something to do with buggy intel drivers?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: