Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Likes and dislikes on Bitcointalk?  (Read 3373 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:19:25 PM

I am also against the idea of like and dislike button.If you like someone's post simply thank him by quoting his post.Like and dislike button will begin unnecessary competition between users to get more likes to their posts.
It may also encourage buying or selling likes like fb likes are sold.
There is no particular point into quoting someone when you like his post, while you have nothing to say that is pointed at when he or the OP stated.

Other than that, it is indeed a bad thing to allow people to like or dislike posts. In the same way that polls here are useless, that directly goes up for likes and dislikes as well.

I probably don't have to point anyone at the massive armies of farmed accounts. If people like a certain post in the way that it is helpful, then you can tip that person if you feel generous.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:04:53 PM

I am also against the idea of like and dislike button.If you like someone's post simply thank him by quoting his post.Like and dislike button will begin unnecessary competition between users to get more likes to their posts.
It may also encourage buying or selling likes like fb likes are sold.
There is no particular point into quoting someone when you like his post, while you have nothing to say that is pointed at when he or the OP stated.
in this particular case a simple like button could be handy in expressing support for the piece of information shared in a fast manner as compared to typing your support

Other than that, it is indeed a bad thing to allow people to like or  dislike posts. In the same way that polls here are useless, that directly goes up for likes and dislikes as well.
totally agree, having people dislike posts will deter members from sharing valuable opinions or ideas and will also be as good as been negative(red) tagged if you have so many dislikes Roll Eyes

SniX030

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:10:52 PM

I like the idea of voting up posts. Would be a good filter through all these levelup-gathering-postings.
If i think about all these scamming sites presented in self-moderated threads, where the scammer can delete post from users warning and newbies fall for it cause they never heard something about a trust-system in a forum and actually don't think about it in first time.

I think too many people here don't like to change a running system and are afraid about. But i think sometimes also a forum like bct should move forward and should be open for new features and possibilities.

What i also miss here is a survey feature.

Maybe only for high members, but there should be one.

lockept93 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 09:37:42 PM

Give a counting thanks for a post would be also great.
I don't understand why it will be bad for this forum if you can vote up threads or single posts.
If there is an option to disable it - i see no problem about this.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:48:25 PM

Give a counting thanks for a post would be also great.
I don't understand why it will be bad for this forum if you can vote up threads or single posts.
If there is an option to disable it - i see no problem about this.

What if signature campaign operators made it a condition that their "employees" only upvote people with their signature. There would never be a thread with anything valuable at the top.

Yohji Yamamoto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:22:53 AM

Dislike we can't reset our passwords through email, it is a necessary feature in almost every modern site.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:35:21 AM

Dislike we can't reset our passwords through email, it is a necessary feature in almost every modern site.
Actually you can. Compared to other sites tho it is handled manually. You can to reset your password through proving that you own the email plus if you can provide a signed message. Imo it is more secured than letting it be reset automatically because there may be cases that the email are compromised and a signed message is necessary to rove ownership of the account.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 08:54:28 AM

I like the site's appearance with no logo, no customization, no social media accounts.

I don't like account sales, and sig spammers. Also, I think the massive emphasis on gambling, and other sites that promote services that the general public will relate to ponzis, frauds and other undesirable practices doesn't help Bitcoin acceptance.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 01:14:36 AM

I wonder that one of the most used features in forums and communities is not in use on bitcointalk.
It would be nice to vote up good posts and downgrade bad ones.

I think there is a reason why its not esed here - what is it?
What did u say?

Take a look here
Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta > New forum software
Can we like a post / by vod
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622992.0

pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:53:39 PM

Like what other says, I like how the site prevents someone from reaching the legendary ranks by using the activity post system. They prevent anyone from spamming the boards by making multiple account. What I dislike is the Trust/Distrust that one can assign to a certain person through objective reasons not some subjective, bias and with baseless grounds.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███