Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy saying hello  (Read 531 times)
redzero36 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:07:37 PM

Hello I just registered and have been mining for about 5 days now.  I'm using GUIMiner with the mining proxy. I average about 60Mhash/s with my Gtx 460.  Is that pretty low? Also I read someone else thread about testing if their wallet works. Someone suggested to try http://www.bitvisitor.com to check if their wallet works.  I did that about an hour ago to and didn't receive the fraction of the bitcoin.  Do I just have to continue to wait or is my wallet not working?

tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:10:01 PM

Did your wallet finish downloading the entire transaction file?  If it didn't, you have to wait for it to complete before the most recent transactions will show up in your wallet.

And yea, your MH is very slow.  NVidia cards are no good for hashing.  A like-Radeon will get about 10 times that speed. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
redzero36 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:22:46 PM

Holy snap 10x... Hmmm I should get a Radeon. Transaction file? Not sure what that is. but I just got the fraction of the bitcoin just now.  It says 0 out of 6 unconfirmed.  Is that the transaction file you're talking about?.

Fidgets

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:27:11 PM

Howdy. Newish here myself.  Must say that from what I've seen the BTC community is pretty awesome!
I've been mining a bit here and there but don't have a great setup.  I thought a little about mining Litecoin too but it seems like that's incredibly complex compared to bitcoins.  I should note, I don't currently have a working Linux machine so I'm just going with my notebook and a somewhat older XP machine.  Pretty slow going but I'm more in this for the experiment / intrigue quotient than anything.

I do have one question though.  Is there any chance in the foreseeable future that the bitcoin-qt client will become any less resource intensive?  I do have a Blockchain wallet for messing around, but I prefer having the original client for security reasons as my primary.  It just seems to use up SO much crunching power that I dislike leaving it running.  What are people's thoughts on this?  Any good forum threads on it? I haven't found any but may not be looking in the right place.  Thanks!
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:52:55 PM

I think it's only crunching that much when it's downloading the transactions.  Once it's caught up, it's not using much resources at all.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Fidgets

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:01:48 PM

Hmm, okay, thanks.  That does not seem to be the case for me but I will attempt some maintenance and see if that speeds things up.

PS Is there a quick way to 'reply with quote' or does one have to copy and paste between quote tags?
Yeah, I'm pathetic, I know  Roll Eyes
CanDread

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:10:07 PM

Hello! I am new as well! first post woo!!
Mr.Pink

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:33:00 PM

Mr.Pink welcomes RedZero36 to the community!
Divinityxd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:34:05 PM

Hey:) I'm also new! Just posting to say hi:)
BitcoinBoss

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:38:57 PM

welcome to the forum! Smiley

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !
zomby2d

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:46:35 PM

PS Is there a quick way to 'reply with quote' or does one have to copy and paste between quote tags?

Yes, just hit the "Quote" button un the upper-right of the post you're replying to.
Fidgets

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:23:16 PM

Yes, just hit the "Quote" button un the upper-right of the post you're replying to.

D'oh! Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: