Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have large qty of fpga collecting dust?  (Read 352 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:29:51 PM

I managed a team who developed a X11 RTL firmware. While the X11 itself is too large to be usable in most commodity FPGA; some of the newer coins which are picking up steam are using algos contained within X11. Others are using variations which only require slight modifications to get running. We're looking at the possibility of leasing bitstreams to those who may be interested in monetizing hardware that is collecting dust.

Anything from a spartan 6 LX150 and up can be monetized.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:31:34 PM

Ask around medical offices doing MRI and other high-end medical imaging procedures. Many of them have their machines down due to various technical and organizational issues. Those machines always have a cabinet-full of FPGAs for sensor data pre-processing. Communication with FPGAs would have to be done through JTAG, as they will not let you modify their hardware in hopes of re-selling it or putting it back to (medical) service.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
thedatacare

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:14:26 AM

I wonder what happened to all Butterflies.

Someone may have purchased those in bulk in Iceland or Washington state.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:00:36 AM

I wonder what happened to all Butterflies.

Someone may have purchased those in bulk in Iceland or Washington state.

The BFLs were traded in for discounted ASICs. BFL probably took them, reballed the chips and sold them off.

I know there are still people around who have 100s of ztex, x6500, and icarus boards. I was trying to reach out to these people to see if they'd like to monetize their old boards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: