Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Allinvain $500,000 theft & Black Friday related? CIA / Banker Attacks?  (Read 19567 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 12:21:48 AM

Hi everyone,
   I've been a conspiracy researcher for a long time, going on 20 years or so, way before the internet was ever popular. I hate to ever accuse people of things without evidence though, but when dealing with mysterious, shadowy people online, one has to consider all possibilities.
   The biggest threat to the bankers and global power structures are alternatives to the monetary system. Most of us know these things by now. Bitcoin can challenge that power, and bring it back into the hands of the people. If it succeeds.
   In the past, every effort possible has been made to keep banking power in place. Murdering Lincoln & Kennedy. Arresting and imprisoning Bernard Von Nothous on bullshit charges. That's just the tip of the iceberg. We also know the CIA works for the Bankers as well as all congressmen and senators and elected officials. The world works for the international bankers, and bitcoin is their biggest threat. The media working for the bankers will be used to destroy bitcoin, if possible. Propaganda will be used and put into place in the most extreme efforts imaginable to stop bitcoin from being a success. We are truly up against evil people and an evil empire.
-- --

Having said all that, I propose a possible situation that is taking place.
On June 1, approx. the Wired article came out causing bitcoin sales and value to explode, as it was reported that bitcoins were used for buying drugs online and money laundering. This could be perceived as an attempt to smash bitcoin, or it could be a sincere effort to spread the word to the underground. This is how I first learned about bitcoin. There was a thread on ATS.

Next, June 10 it was, if I remember correctly, that Black Friday happened, and bitcoins went from their gains of up to $30 each, and it was brought down to almost below $10 each. This makes bitcoin appear to be a speculative market and very volatile. Something you should not trust, according to the bankers, even though their own system is even more volatile with inflation and depression boom and bust cycles.
There was a huge selloff of hoards of bitcoins, and as they got bought up, the price rose back a bit, but the stories spread far and wide across the internet. Bitcoin Bubble Bursts!

Then just 2 days later, it's reported here and spread all over the internet, about the now famous $500,000 digital hacker heist by "AllinVain" -- -- lol, when I read this name, I had to laugh. Perfect Illuminati name. (All my work for bitcoins was in vain)

I tried to and wanted to believe him, but I smell a rat. My apologies to you "AllinVain" if I turn out to be wrong, but my intuition tells me, you work for the bankers, and the people who would like to destroy bitcoin in the long run.

AllinVain registered here in May 18, 2010, but did not post his first post, from what I can tell, until nearly a year later, just a couple months ago, on or around March 27, 2011. But, on May 19, 2010, he registered "Bitcoinexpress.com", according to his profile and the WHO is lookup. Then 3 months after his first post here, he posts that he was hacked and 25,000 bitcoins stolen.

I doubt there are many people who have 25,000 bitcoins anywhere. That's a lot! Where did they come from? Were they mined by him since the start? Could anyone mine 25,000 bitcoins if they started a year ago, with a good computer system or even several, and who, when bitcoins were worth very little, would invest a ton of money to mine many computers worth, without any indication it would pay off that well so soon? So, say they were his....or say they were bought by the CIA, secretly, either way.

Who has that many coins in one wallet? And who, immediately after realizing this, would go online to the bitcoin forum and announce to the world, they were hacked and their money is missing? That's a serious crime thta calls for serious action, not going online to a forum and telling the world, when you know full well, and most likely at least, that others out there are more interested in recovering the coins for themselves than they would be fixing this person's problem. More interesting to examine, is what effect it has had on the bitcoin community. It has send shock waves of fear through the community and that effect is what should be examined, not the theft itself. The fact that everyone is scared to death now, who know little about encryption and fear that bitcoins are not a safe way to store money. And who is the biggest proponent of this belief now?

Allinvain himself....

* First post reveals ....."Needles to say I feel like I have lost faith in bitcoin."
* second post reveals...."Early adopter my ass. God!"
* third post, same first day of supposed theft reveals ..."my slush's pool account got hacked into and someone changed the payout address" causing mining pool people to be scared as well.
*fourth post same day reveals fear mongering to windows users ..."not ever use windows for any security sensitive sites/systems."
*still in the same day reveals ..."I am almost 100% sure this was done via some security hole in windows, trojan, or something like that. So yeah most likely some pimply faced teenage hacker now has them. Ain't it wonderful? Free money for doing nothing. Who says crime doesn't pay."

Then, the wonderful banker child tells us how much he really believes in bitcoin as he reveals ...still in the first day, ....."I'm going to sell whatever bitcoins I have remaining, take it as a life lesson, and count this as a not so fun experimentation with cryptographic currency. I am then going to focus on making plain old paper dollars and store them in a bank where at least I'll have the full force of society or some central government insurance backing me up - not to mention some recourse to the law in case of any theft."

Now, I don't know about any of you, but that sounds to me like someone who had little faith in bitcoin to begin with, if they had such a mind change all in one day, spent babbling about losses online instead of doing something and taking legal action.

Next...same day ramblings....(I think this one takes the cake)...."Bitcoin is a double edged sword that is for sure. If I had all these funds in paypal I wouldn't be crying now lol..Oh god..."

I had to laugh at this, too ..."I'm looking into this as well. The thing is this happened at 12:00 in the afternoon when I was sleeping with all my doors locked. I would've noticed if someone physically had access to my computer. Also maybe someone stole the wallet earlier? I have to serious do some searching into who was at my place over the last month." -- Yeah, you should check yourself, AllinVain, i'll bet the coins are at CIA headquarters, in your proxy bitcoin wallet.

This is sad if it actually happened to AllinVain, and all his work was in vain. But if I look at it from a bankers attack perspective, it works prefect to help destroy bitcoin. Especially with all the bad press now on safety following the bad press on Black friday, following the bad press on drug sales and money laundering.....something is fishy to me. I smell a ratfish.

Well, i'll post more evidence here as I get it, but I felt since there are 5 threads already trying to help this guy, maybe someone should look out for the rest of the community.

I'm not attacking AllinVain, BTW, and I sincerely hope i'm wrong. Im simply pointing out another flaw or risk in the program. Our own gullibility.

I also welcome AllinVain to step forward and offer some real evidence, if possible, like the proof of a police report or screenshots from his logfiles. I don't really know what can be done to prove it, but that alone is suspicious to me.

Any thoughts, people?

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 12:25:18 AM

only thing suspicious to me about his claim is the way he handled it, Any sane person who just lost relatively close to 500k would either stay away for a bit or figure out somewhere else what he could do to reclaim it.

His posts from the start didnt really suggest that he wanted to reclaim it, it was mostly hints rather than a telling story of how it affected him.

No sane person would just swallow it up and move along in the manner he did, he must be some android if thats the case.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 12:30:18 AM

Agreed, Why the hell would you have 25000 coins in your wallet, And aside from that who would steal exactly 25k coins. Anyone would just dump the balance

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 01:52:45 AM

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18008.msg228518#msg228518

I was suspicious too about this and how quickly the media latched on to this story, it spread like wildfire.  On many news sites within hours, sometimes minutes of each other.  The media attention has definitely shifted over the past weeks from objective and fair to total hit pieces dripping with venom.  As for Allinvain I have yet to believe him as he has yet to provide proof (or if he has it hasn't yet crossed my path).

I'm in the camp that unless he can actually prove he had it stolen then nobody should believe him.  His story alone has dropped the price substantially and below the $15 mark that I forecast earlier.

People need to at least be aware that we are swimming with the biggest fish in the ocean with this project and they'll not go quietly.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 01:56:11 AM

wow..just wow..you people have issues..this is a perfect example of what is so messed up with frequent forum posters..they suspect some grand conspiracies...

This post is pure garbage..

@JackRabiit - it was a tad bit more than 25K...did you see the screenshot??! I don't know why they did not take the whole amount. My only guess is that they had this wallet from when I had just 25K in there. I moved a portion fo the total 26K funds to the address belonging to bitcoinexpress site I was trying to develop..and then later on I moved the remaining funds back into my windows wallet..so they most likely did not have the new keys..

Stop looking for stupid childish conspiracies..there aren't any.

@Clipse - I came here hoping that someone from the exchanges or one of the developers would notice and help me figure out a way to track the funds..reading the chain block and keeping an eye on the funds is beyond me. I needed someone to write some sort of automated tool. I could not solve this on my own sadly. That's why I posted here. I regret doing so now seeing as how all I've noticed is people attacking me and accusing me.

@bitrebel - while your conspiracy theories may be valid for something else in this case they're big fail..nothing of what you assert is true. Not even one bit. Let me just say that I forgive you in advance when eventually I will be vindicated.

P.S Yes they were mined almost since the start. Also I registered on the forum but did not join the discussion because at the time I was not sure about bitcoin's future and I guess I wasn't all that serious about it. I did not wish to join the discussions also because I had nothing to contribute. Later on when difficulty increased I decided to get into mining, and hence I joined the discussions. If you notice before this event most of my posts were in the mining section of the forum.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:02:23 AM

What screenshot?, We'll be waiting and watching

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 02:04:27 AM

What screenshot?, We'll be waiting and watching

Holy shit I can't believe the laziness. It's in the thread!!! Hold on..let me paste it here:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16457.msg215996#msg215996

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:23:13 AM

"I'm looking into this as well. The thing is this happened at 12:00 in the afternoon when I was sleeping with all my doors locked. I would've noticed if someone physically had access to my computer. Also maybe someone stole the wallet earlier? I have to serious do some searching into who was at my place over the last month."

funny, i've had the same suspicions myself.  first he says his computer is at work but who sleeps at work and describes his work place like a home?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:25:09 AM

Agreed, Why the hell would you have 25000 coins in your wallet, And aside from that who would steal exactly 25k coins. Anyone would just dump the balance

not to mention 25K wallets on your mining machine continuously hooked up to the Internet?  i'm not a techie and this immediately struck me as very odd; something i wouldn't do.
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:25:47 AM

Tin foil hat activated.  What's the frequency Kenneth??!!!!!!!
Travis

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:30:27 AM

Quote from: bitrebel

I've been a conspiracy researcher for a long time, going on 20 years or so, way before the internet was ever popular. I hate to ever accuse people of things without evidence though, but when dealing with mysterious, shadowy people online, one has to consider all possibilities.

Oh so you hate to accuse people without evidence, but you just had to accuse someone without evidence. Theorizing can be a fun little hobby no doubt, its more reliable to stick with the facts though. You can weave plenty of tales that sound within the realm of possibility with just theory, that does not mean they have any basis in reality.

Which is more likely, that someone fucked up with their lack of security precautions, or that this is some elaborate plot by the CIA? And don't get me wrong I think nothing of the CIA at all, to me they are but one arm of the mafia. But I have also seen endless droves of people who wildly imagine and overrate what the government is capable of. Read a history book of the CIA, what you will uncover is a wasteful bureaucratic mess of an institution that has only been good at fucking up their operations and failing to see the reality of the matters they deal with.

But back to probability. Just instinctively, reasonably, the first scenario of him just screwing up on his security detail is by far more likely. So what would make you drag the CIA in to this picture, is there any evidence of them being involved? No, there are just random theories. To many conspiracy theorists ( I don't necessarily use that term in the prejorative) attribute god like qualities to institutions like the CIA. Something does not go the way they want it to (that couldn't happen, the world isn't that chaotic of course!), so their minds jump to groups like the CIA as the cause. To me I think its a more reasonable theory that you want this story to be true, as a sort of hobbyist you dig around for these types of things, see something that isn't there. You are like agent Moulder from the X-files, you want to believe. But its not just you of course, these types are everywhere on the internet.

There are good conspiracy theorists, and then there are bad conspiracy theorists. Unfortunately the latter group far outnumbers the the former. If you want to learn to distinguish the two, and become a "good conspiracy theorist" I suggest you read this article by Murray Rothbard.

Quote from: cypherdoc
funny, i've had the same suspicions myself.  first he says his computer is at work but who sleeps at work and describes his work place like a home?

Woah I know dude, that is like far out!

The self-employed, people who work out of their homes, etc
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:38:57 AM

Yeah man I'm chilling at area 51 right now with Heath Ledger, Elvis and Tupak. Were having a blast; we even boned Anna Nicole Smith.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:39:54 AM

Yeah man I'm chilling at area 51 right now with Heath Ledger, Elvis and Tupak. Were having a blast; we even boned Anna Nicole Smith.

Tom Cruise just left. He's on a top secret mission to fight Lord Xenu.
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:41:45 AM

I don't think his username is a prophetic taunt. I think it's in tune with the mentality of someone who is self defeating to begin with. AKA someone who would leave 500k out in the open, even though they know they shouldn't. Half a million dollar lesson we can all learn for free.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:44:44 AM

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg210483#msg210483

look, on June 13, 2011, 01:58:35 am, he complains he got 3.90 BTC hacked from his Slush acct.  this is about 12 h before he supposedly gets hacked for 25K BTC's.  

now why would u leave 25K BTC's on an open miner rig just after you were fortunate enough to get a shot over the bow by losing 3.90 BTC?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:50:25 AM

this from his original post:

"Needles to say I feel like I have lost faith in bitcoin."

this is total BS.  if this happened to me and i had been mining for over a year with a wide open rig, the first thing i'd say is "i'm a dumbshit".
Travis

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:55:28 AM

now why would u leave 25K BTC's on an open miner rig just after you were fortunate enough to get a shot over the bow by losing 3.90 BTC?

Because "FAIL" is something that is new to the internet. Millions and billions of people out there, but no way one of them could screw up and do something stupid. This guy was the first.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:08:14 AM

Because "FAIL" is something that is new to the internet. Millions and billions of people out there, but no way one of them could screw up and do something stupid. This guy was the first.

thats a straw man argument.  allinvain is not just another one of the millions or billions.  he supposedly is one of the early adopters who were lucky enough to start mining when btc was in the cent range.  these ppl tend to be smart, calculating, paranoid, security conscious hacker types who don't trust anyone.  and you mean to tell me he did nothing to protect his wallet worth $500,000 and even $750,000 near the top despite having 12 h to do something about it after having 3.90 btc stolen from the same wallet?  LOL!

i'm a non techie and from the very start, i have been conducting myself and my wallets with WAY more security conscious maneuvers than him.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:09:48 AM

"It would suck if bitcoin price tanked because of me. God, that would be double worse for  me and for everyone else."

yes it would be allinvain.
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:12:54 AM

watch the emotion attached to anyone who tries to defend something vociferously, but which they cannot know the truth of one way or the other.

Anyone who wants to fight for AllinVain, and his innocence of being a conscious contributor to the theft, let me ask you, how can you be so sure?

All I did was question whether or not this is all true, but I would advise to watch carefully those who fight strong for AllinVain's position, because there is no reasonable reason to fight for an argument you cannot prove and you do not know for sure.

That is how I detected, to begin with, the fact that the media was going strong against this. It's disproportionate to the issue at hand.

If anyone wants to see what i'm talking about, just read the thread from somethingaweful on bitcoins right around the time it crashed. I happened to be trying to catch up on the 40 or so page thread, at the time it actually tanked. I could not believe how many people over there were hardcore against bitcoins.

Usually if something is an issue and it does not have any reason to effect you emotionally, you do not go for it, or against it, with passion, but some people on forums are going against bitcoin with passion. Some people are rallying for AllinVain with passion. I always question what's going on, when someone who would otherwise be disinterested, comes forth with something with passion.

I'm personally passionate about bitcoins, and I don't want or desire to argue with any people who would otherwise be considered potential friends. You can post your debate about my opinions, of course, but please do not attack, or you may show true colors you do not intend to. I only posted this for people to think about.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: