Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:01:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Allinvain $500,000 theft & Black Friday related? CIA / Banker Attacks?  (Read 19567 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:42:58 AM

I just have one question: Do you go to college to become a conspiracy researcher or do they offer on the job training?

Well, let's see, i'll send you the course for just $99.95. How about that?

Actually, all it takes is being a truth seeker, and not accepting anything as reality, unless it's been tested against some scientific method established for discerning the truth. The method of course is individualized. Some people are just more intuitive by nature and some are actually psychic. But most folks that are serious about researching conspiracies, start with something like the JFK assassination or the Illuminati, nowadays, since the advent of the internet, it's a lot easier to learn about almost any conspiracy. But conspiracies are no more than puzzles or mind games. They are fun for some, and others take them much more seriously. The funny thing is, that a conspiracy is defined as such:

con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
–noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

and so therefore, it's not very difficult criteria to meet to call something a conspiracy, yet when someone claims a conspiracy, they get called a "conspiracy theorist", which is itself a form of degradation to the truth seeker.

If you want to know one way to smell a conspiracy or detect one, is to see the situation from all sides, without bias one way or the other, and then to take into account all the known facts, and to see what the detractors are saying with an open mind.

In this case, the only facts we have are these.

1.) a person registered on this forum under the name AllinVain, which in itself, is highly suspicious considering what happened to him, supposedly.

2. That person claimed to have had 25,000 bitcoins stolen, the first theft of it's kind, and an amount highly unusual and suspect for anyone to have and keep unprotected, if we are to believe it.

3. 25,000 bitcoins were transferred from one account to another.

4. That person spent all their time afterwards on this forum extolling his losses and stupidity and thoughtlessness and crying about the flaws of security and the virtues of central banks.

That's all I know for sure. Everything else is suspect.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swishercutter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:47:53 AM

I just have one question: Do you go to college to become a conspiracy researcher or do they offer on the job training?

Actually, all it takes is being a truth seeker, and not accepting anything as reality, unless it's been tested against some scientific method established for discerning the truth. The method of course is individualized. Some people are just more intuitive by nature and some are actually psychic. But most folks that are serious about researching conspiracies, start with something like the JFK assassination or the Illuminati, nowadays, since the advent of the internet, it's a lot easier to learn about almost any conspiracy. But conspiracies are no more than puzzles or mind games. They are fun for some, and others take them much more seriously. The funny thing is, that a conspiracy is defined as such:

con·spir·a·cy
–noun, plural -cies.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

and so therefore, it's not very difficult criteria to meet to call something a conspiracy, yet when someone claims a conspiracy, they get called a "conspiracy theorist", which is itself a form of degradation to the truth seeker.

If you want to know one way to smell a conspiracy or detect one, is to see the situation from all sides, without bias one way or the other, and then to take into account all the known facts, and to see what the detractors are saying with an open mind.

1.) a person registered on this forum under the name AllinVain, which in itself, is highly suspicious considering what happened to him, supposedly.

2. That person claimed to have had 25,000 bitcoins stolen, the first theft of it's kind, and an amount highly unusual and suspect for anyone to have and keep unprotected, if we are to believe it.

4. That person spent all their time afterwards on this forum extolling his losses and stupidity and thoughtlessness and crying about the flaws of security and the virtues of central banks.

5. He has provided no proof of reporting it.

6. The media which so quickly spread this has also not interviewed any law enforcement involved.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:26:43 AM

If you think that btc will replace the dollar or euro or (enter national currency here) your delusional. Why would some government entity or bank(ers) want to step into a $150M market when the have a multitrillion dollar market to play in?
Can be explained in two words: disruptive technology. It is absolutely not certain that this will happen with Bitcoin, of course, but it's likely that a global cryptocurrency will eventually be used.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Waltibaba

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 12:13:16 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2011, 12:29:14 PM by Waltibaba

Wait where is it? *rummaging in closet* .... damn I can't find it.... *more rummaging* A HA! There it is! *puts on tinfoil hat*...
Waltibaba

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:25:02 PM

I see you are not the only one that has studied NLP. The population would not be so easily manipulated if they studied NLP particularly anchoring, and media spin techniques. Most people will reject your message if you tell them that they are being manipulated because they feel bad about being manipulated and rejection is the easiest away out (it is what is known in psychology as a fight-response). It takes a whole generation (20 years) to subvert a population, but once it is done they will fight anything that doesn't match the beliefs that are put into their minds due to years of social programming.

"If an intelligent human being was raised in Nazi-Germany, he would become a Nazi faster" -- Jacque Fresco

So people, do what the politicians tell you to do:
Consume, consume, consume and save the obsolete growth-based economy! ;-)

Casper

I do not see how this is applicable to the hardcore bitcoin people. They are in this because they reject the mainstream media's and the government's (same thing btw) propaganda and brainwashing, not in order to earn a quick buck. I admit I joined in June when it started rising exponentially at around $13, but that's because I had just heard of it. I was 24/7 f@h before, and I would have instantly joined this project before had I heard about it, just as I will be here long after the hype is gone or if mining becomes unprofitable, simply due to the freedom bitcoin offers.

I agree there is a lot of brainwashing going on, mostly with fear mongering in the US, but in other places you have a choice. In Nazi-Germany, mainstream media was the only source of information for people, of course they were easily manipulated to the politicians' ends. However today there are so many more sources of information, that people can make up their own minds. And please don't tell me the internet is a government conspiracy, because I'll have to stand up again to get my tinfoil hat.
Swishercutter

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:35:36 PM

I see you are not the only one that has studied NLP. The population would not be so easily manipulated if they studied NLP particularly anchoring, and media spin techniques. Most people will reject your message if you tell them that they are being manipulated because they feel bad about being manipulated and rejection is the easiest away out (it is what is known in psychology as a fight-response). It takes a whole generation (20 years) to subvert a population, but once it is done they will fight anything that doesn't match the beliefs that are put into their minds due to years of social programming.

"If an intelligent human being was raised in Nazi-Germany, he would become a Nazi faster" -- Jacque Fresco

So people, do what the politicians tell you to do:
Consume, consume, consume and save the obsolete growth-based economy! ;-)

Casper

I do not see how this is applicable to the hardcore bitcoin people. They are in this because they reject the mainstream media's and the government's (same thing btw) propaganda and brainwashing, not in order to earn a quick buck. I admit I joined in June when it started rising exponentially at around $13, but that's because I had just heard of it. I was 24/7 f@h before, and I would have instantly joined this project before had I heard about it, just as I will be here long after the hype is gone or if mining becomes unprofitable, simply due to the freedom bitcoin offers.

I agree there is a lot of brainwashing going on, mostly with fear mongering in the US, but in other places you have a choice. In Nazi-Germany, mainstream media was the only source of information for people, of course they were easily manipulated to the politicians' ends. However today there are so many more sources of information, that people can make up their own minds. And please don't tell me the internet is a government conspiracy, because I'll have to stand up again to get my tinfoil hat.

When you are told something is bad, unprofitable or just plain going to fail enough times you will start to believe it...people spend a lot more time discrediting bitcoin than they do praising it...its pretty obvious that the news articles are biased/not factual.  It gives the appearance of conspiracy for sure...just go try to post in a random forum about bitcoin, there will be someone (possibly more than one) immediately posting trying to "save" people before they get involved in this scam...I have never seen this kind of "concern" before online.  Just what I have noticed.
Waltibaba

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:54:44 PM

When you are told something is bad, unprofitable or just plain going to fail enough times you will start to believe it...people spend a lot more time discrediting bitcoin than they do praising it...its pretty obvious that the news articles are biased/not factual.  It gives the appearance of conspiracy for sure...just go try to post in a random forum about bitcoin, there will be someone (possibly more than one) immediately posting trying to "save" people before they get involved in this scam...I have never seen this kind of "concern" before online.  Just what I have noticed.

I think that is more down to the people's ignorance on the matter of bitcoins. I mean you can't blame them, it took me a while too to figure out why I am getting money for running my GPU at 100%. What you can blame them for is spreading information they are not certain about or have not received confirmation on. Look at the original article with Schumer and the other senator. It said bitcoin is "untraceable" so now all these anti-bitcoin idiots keeping repeating that although its not even close to being true, or is taken out of context.
Swishercutter

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:03:31 PM

I think that is more down to the people's ignorance on the matter of bitcoins. I mean you can't blame them, it took me a while too to figure out why I am getting money for running my GPU at 100%. What you can blame them for is spreading information they are not certain about or have not received confirmation on. Look at the original article with Schumer and the other senator. It said bitcoin is "untraceable" so now all these anti-bitcoin idiots keeping repeating that although its not even close to being true, or is taken out of context.

True, although there tends to be a pattern.  Almost, as if you are talking to the same person/group.  Could just be hivemind but that just backs the mass brainwashing argument.  Things are only conspiracy until fact starts to back them...this could go either way.

My thoughts are: Whoever herds the sheep is scared.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:25:05 PM

I do not see how this is applicable to the hardcore bitcoin people. They are in this because they reject the mainstream media's and the government's (same thing btw) propaganda and brainwashing, not in order to earn a quick buck.

this is precisely why allinvains claims are suspect.  i would consider him one of these ppl given how long ago he signed up and began mining.  

but heres the thing that you're missing from those types of hardcore bitcoin peoples profile:  a propensity for security.
not only of their identity but of their btc.  there's the rub.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:27:43 PM

con·spir·a·cy
–noun, plural -cies.

don't forget the fact that he had 3.90 btc hacked from his acct 12h before the 25K btc. Huh
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:32:07 PM

I for one am not convinced that allinvains theft is not a hoax.

Thanks for agreeing with us. Grin
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 09:11:52 AM

don't forget the fact that he had 3.90 btc hacked from his acct 12h before the 25K btc. Huh

Your Sir fail at reading. 3.90 btc were hacked from my account with slush's pool. At the time I assumed that slush's pool got compromised and I proceeded to reach slush on IRC. He said he was busy with dealing with a DDoS attack and that he'd look into it. Little did I know that the next day before 12:00pm EST the hacker drained by ACTUAL WALLET.

I should clarify that by my slush's pool being hacked I mean that the payout address was changed and the minimum payout set to 0.01 or something low.

Swishercutter

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:10:11 AM

Your Sir fail at reading. 3.90 btc were hacked from my account with slush's pool. At the time I assumed that slush's pool got compromised and I proceeded to reach slush on IRC. He said he was busy with dealing with a DDoS attack and that he'd look into it. Little did I know that the next day before 12:00pm EST the hacker drained by ACTUAL WALLET.

I should clarify that by my slush's pool being hacked I mean that the payout address was changed and the minimum payout set to 0.01 or something low.

So after that you failed to secure yourself...whatever man...good luck convincing others...you did a poor job here.  I can tell you now that I treat 3btc like its 25000...your "theft" had no effect on my security.  I guess only you know if you are telling the truth...everyone else is just speculating...you have shown no actual proof and by the nature of Bitcoin you never will be able to, I suspect that is the point of your posts to get that changed (you know a nice safe bank that charges nice safe fees). 

You fail regardless...either you are lying or you left yourself wide open.
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:11:39 AM

Are you in any way related to Kevin Day?  Huh Roll Eyes Shocked Kiss

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Swishercutter

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:12:17 AM

Probably not but they are both hanging at the same pity party.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 12:28:16 PM

So after that you failed to secure yourself...whatever man...good luck convincing others...you did a poor job here.  I can tell you now that I treat 3btc like its 25000...your "theft" had no effect on my security.  I guess only you know if you are telling the truth...everyone else is just speculating...you have shown no actual proof and by the nature of Bitcoin you never will be able to, I suspect that is the point of your posts to get that changed (you know a nice safe bank that charges nice safe fees). 

You fail regardless...either you are lying or you left yourself wide open.

Yes I know you're going to believe only what you want. But please people at least don't misrepresent, misinform, and misquote me.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 12:29:06 PM

Of course. I'm his cousin. And I'm also related to you as well. You just have to dig back very very very far back in history.

neneko

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:30:01 PM

Hi everyone,
   I've been a conspiracy researcher for a long time, going on 20 years or so, way before the internet was ever popular.
Suddenly your other posts makes sense.

I hate to ever accuse people of things without evidence though
Heh.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: