Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think there should be minimum of 100 messages for newbies  (Read 2215 times)
superweb

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:25:13 PM

This is useless. I'm around bitcoins for few days, studying few hours a day and trying to understand is as much as possible. But yesterday was the first time I needed to ask something in the forum, registered and can't find a "reply" link anywhere. After a while I found I need to meet these 5posts and 4 hours to be able to post anywhere. So I'm here for now, waiting to be four hours online.
I think there are many other posibilities to avoid spammers. If you just raise the limit of posts needed to post anywhere, only more worthless posts will be in this section.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plutocracy

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:23:19 PM

A lot of people who may want to use bitcoins will turn away from it if they are unable to freely use the forums Undecided

This.

For an open currency, this is a very closed community.

Five posts is hardly an insurmountable obstacle. Anyone willing to take the time to express themselves in five posts over four hours is welcome. Meanwhile, anyone unwilling to take the time to express themselves in five posts over four hours... well the logical assumption is that they don't want to be part of the community in the first place. As someone who has been reading the forums and learning for a couple of weeks now, I personally prefer this to endless melodramatic/doom and gloom/QQing/troll threads.

Hopefully with this limitation instituted my eyes will get a lot less exercise from all the rolling they had been doing.

P.S. There's 20% of my initiation right there. Grin
lame.duck
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:52:45 PM

.. to be able to post on the forum. Really. I have been browsing this "newbies" section for 2 hours now and can't stop laughing and wondering. Complete morons.

Does the 100 limit also applies to you?  Or do you registered an extra account for this sort of offending spam? In this case an Mod should care of you(r) other account(s) too  Tongue

My sole reason to register was the fact that i thougt i dould contribute some performance numbers for FPGA mining but ... i am not allowed to post.
What should i post about? Especially in this board, as it would be unfriendly to the other members. Posting in the wrong section is some sort of spam i think but thats newbies supposed to do. Or will after one did the 50 Post or whatever it is check for the quality of the postings? I have doubts about that.

I think it would be more clever to ad an spammer button and if the  rate goes over a decent limit the user will have a bann for some time/ forever ...
blzbr

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:10:10 PM

A lot of people who may want to use bitcoins will turn away from it if they are unable to freely use the forums Undecided

This.

Five posts is hardly an insurmountable obstacle. Anyone willing to take the time to express themselves in five posts over four hours is welcome. Meanwhile, anyone unwilling to take the time to express themselves in five posts over four hours... well the logical assumption is that they don't want to be part of the community in the first place. As someone who has been reading the forums and learning for a couple of weeks now, I personally prefer this to endless melodramatic/doom and gloom/QQing/troll threads.

Hopefully with this limitation instituted my eyes will get a lot less exercise from all the rolling they had been doing.

Sorry, I didn't make that post very clear. I wasn't addressing the 5 posts currently needed. I think thats a fair requirement. I was addressing the proposed 100 post count suggested by akiyama.
plutocracy

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:53:07 PM

This.

Sorry, I didn't make that post very clear. I wasn't addressing the 5 posts currently needed. I think thats a fair requirement. I was addressing the proposed 100 post count suggested by akiyama.

Aaaah, feeding the troll. That's where I got confused, sorry about that!

akiyama seems to be amused by simple things, is all. Leave him to his fun and don't take him seriously Tongue
Jaagu

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:01:36 PM

A lot of it is because there is nothing to talk about in this section....we are doing anything we can to get out.
When a fool keeps quiet, you can't tell whether he is foolish or smart.
frizzl

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:50:38 PM

.. to be able to post on the forum. Really. I have been browsing this "newbies" section for 2 hours now and can't stop laughing and wondering. Complete morons.

This post itself makes me laugh, talk about useful + 1 post for me!
fujiwara

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:09:53 PM

the "must have 5 posts" rule is actually forcing us to spam.. Smiley
plutocracy

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:17:22 PM

the "must have 5 posts" rule is actually forcing us to spam.. Smiley

You could always use the limit to post constructive criticisms, help people, or engage in interesting conversation. No one is forcing you to do what you're choosing to do Wink
treesee

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:21:29 AM

Thats why it's a newbie section, theres so much irony ITT
buck19

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:36:45 AM

The five post threshold is painful. Okay post #1 done! LOL!
hitkill

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:01:49 AM

For an open currency, this is a very closed community
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: