Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac OS X Resources & Howtos for Mining (Homebrew/DIY/Bin/Xcode Debugging)  (Read 64191 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:43:16 AM

Your article at http://blog.nwoolls.com/2014/05/13/bitcoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-hex•fury-asics/ was a godsend!

Quick Question... I've got two Hex•Furies plugged in and blinking, but BFGminer only seems to see one... is there something easy I'm missing?

It shows...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 BIF 0: 49.7C | 11.40/11.70/11.11Gh/s | A:18 R:1+0(5.2%) HW:   67/2.2%
 OCL 0:       | OFF  /180.5/  0.0kh/s | A: 0 R:0+0(none) HW:    0/none
 BPM 0:       | 10.01/ 9.62/ 0.00Gh/s | A: 0 R:0+0(none) HW:20226/100%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try running the following command:

Code:
bfgminer -S noauto -S bif:all -d? -D

This should scan for only Bi*Fury (and Hex*Fury) devices and display extended output.

Also try unplugging and plugging the devices back in. In my experience the Bi*Fury and Hex*Fury ASICs are sensitive to being probed by other drivers and may stop working unless unplugged / replugged.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:44:14 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:42:06 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with BFGMiner 4.4.

In addition, the original post has been updated with a new article:

How-to mine with ZeusMiners

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
SinisterDexter

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:03:18 AM

Sorry to be such a nOOb, Two quick questions...

Firstly, I've updated bfgminer 4.4 using your latest HomeBrew scripts... is it possible to mine Vertcoin with bfgminer? It doesn't seem to be working as expected. The logging seems to be fine within bfgminer, but the hashing isn't reflected on the stats page of my pool. Everything seems to work fine when I use MacMiner, but bfgminer in Terminal doesn't.

I'm using the following:

bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://p2pool3.coingiant.net:9174 -u username -p password

Do I need to add something else for the scrypt-n?

Secondly, I followed all the latest instructions for installing MultiMiner, but it keeps crashing. "Application not responding" error, and I have to force quit. Could it have something to do with the following message from Brew Doctor:

Warning: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework detected
This can be picked up by CMake's build system and likely cause the build to
fail. You may need to move this file out of the way to compile CMake.

Once I get Multiminer working, is there a scrypt-n setting?

Thanks again for everything you do. Looking forward to getting MultiMiner up so some coin starts coming your way with gratitude.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:46:44 AM

Firstly, I've updated bfgminer 4.4 using your latest HomeBrew scripts... is it possible to mine Vertcoin with bfgminer? It doesn't seem to be working as expected. The logging seems to be fine within bfgminer, but the hashing isn't reflected on the stats page of my pool. Everything seems to work fine when I use MacMiner, but bfgminer in Terminal doesn't.

I'm using the following:

bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://p2pool3.coingiant.net:9174 -u username -p password

Do I need to add something else for the scrypt-n?

BFGMiner doesn't support Scrypt-N (or other new alt-alogrithms like Keccak, X11-X15, etc).

Secondly, I followed all the latest instructions for installing MultiMiner, but it keeps crashing. "Application not responding" error, and I have to force quit. Could it have something to do with the following message from Brew Doctor:

Warning: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework detected
This can be picked up by CMake's build system and likely cause the build to
fail. You may need to move this file out of the way to compile CMake.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that issue. The warning from Homebrew should be fine though - it's just picking up the Mono install. You could try installing a newer (or older) version of Mono.

Once I get Multiminer working, is there a scrypt-n setting?

There is, but honestly quite a few of the newer algorithms don't work under OS X. This is because the miners that implement them are either not updated for OS X or do not compile on OS X at all. Most of the folks writing and forking miners don't think about OS X much, if ever (which is one of the reasons I made this thread and the Homebrew scripts etc).

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:48:15 AM

The original post has been updated with a new article:

How-to mine with RockMiners

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:52:38 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:41:33 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with BFGMiner 4.6.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 04:05:40 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:41:22 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with BFGMiner 4.8 and CGMiner 4.6.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 08:36:58 PM

How-to mine with NEW R-Box

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 06:55:55 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:41:07 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with BFGMiner 4.10.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:25:33 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:40:56 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with CGMiner 4.7.1.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:55:54 PM

How-To mine with GridSeed G-Black

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 04:21:59 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:40:39 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with BFGMiner 5.0 and CGMiner 4.8.

vjl

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:40:23 AM

I've been unable to get the New R-Box running on Mac OS 10.9.5. I made a [still in the queue since Nov 2014] comment on nwoolls' blog about this, but since the comment was never approved, nobody has been able to see it. Smiley

I have two New R-Boxes and they run fine in VMWare Fusion running Win2000. I'd like to not have the overhead of always running VMWare Fusion though. I've made certain any and all USB drivers have been removed for Silicon Labs. And running nwoolls latest homebrew of 4.8 [even though the New R-Box will not run well on versions of cgminer greater than 4.7.1 - i posted a separate thread about this, but it hasn't been resolved - one unit will get 100Gh/s and the other 55 with 4.8.x or 4.9.x].

Anyway, as you can see from the screen shots, cgminer does see the 2 valid USB devices, but when running them with

cgminer -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -u <my wallet> -p nothing

I get errors seeing the USB devices. Sad

Any tips on making this would rock! Thank you!

https://cldup.com/LlzolNwqOO.png
https://cldup.com/605BXL2g6P.png
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 04:50:29 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:40:15 AM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with BFGMiner 5.1, CGMiner 4.9.1 and SGMiner 5.1.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:38:04 PM

Hi Guys,

I was installing BFGMiner 5.2.0 on Mac OS - Yosemite, upgrading from v 5.1 with Homebrew and down at the last a few steps, I got this error - any ideas?

===
Terrances-iMac:~ citronick$ brew install bfgminer
Error: Formulae found in multiple taps:
 * nwoolls/cryptocoin/bfgminer
 * nwoolls/xgminer/bfgminer

Please use the fully-qualified name e.g. nwoolls/cryptocoin/bfgminer to refer the formula.

Terrances-iMac:~ citronick$ brew install nwoolls/cryptocoin/bfgminer
==> Installing bfgminer from nwoolls/homebrew-cryptocoin
 * nwoolls/cryptocoin/uthash
 * nwoolls/xgminer/uthash

Please use the fully-qualified name e.g. nwoolls/cryptocoin/uthash to refer the formula.
===

Tried a few times but no luck - any ideas?

TMT

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 01:28:39 AM

Hi Guys,

I was installing BFGMiner 5.2.0 on Mac OS - Yosemite, upgrading from v 5.1 with Homebrew and down at the last a few steps, I got this error - any ideas?

===
Terrances-iMac:~ citronick$ brew install bfgminer
 * nwoolls/cryptocoin/bfgminer
 * nwoolls/xgminer/bfgminer

Please use the fully-qualified name e.g. nwoolls/cryptocoin/bfgminer to refer the formula.

Terrances-iMac:~ citronick$ brew install nwoolls/cryptocoin/bfgminer
==> Installing bfgminer from nwoolls/homebrew-cryptocoin
 * nwoolls/cryptocoin/uthash
 * nwoolls/xgminer/uthash

Please use the fully-qualified name e.g. nwoolls/cryptocoin/uthash to refer the formula.
===

Tried a few times but no luck - any ideas?

TMT

Code:
brew tap nwoolls/xgminer
brew install bfgminer

For more info please refer to the instructions at:

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:39:36 AM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have been updated to reflect the following:

Changes
  • Added SGMiner-GM 5.5.5
  • Updated BFGMiner to 5.5
  • Updated CGMiner to 4.10
  • Updated SGMiner to 5.1.1
  • Updated libusb to 1.0.21
  • Updated curl to 7.57.0
  • Updated jansson to 2.10
  • Updated libmicrohttpd to 0.9.58
  • Updated libevent to 2.1.8
  • Updated uthash to 2.0.2

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 02:50:36 AM

Shell scripts and precompiled binaries have been updated to reflect the following:

Changes
  • Fixed linking of libusb with CGMiner
  • Fixed linking of libevent with BFGMiner
  • Added SGMiner-NH 5.6.1
  • Added SGMiner-Pascal 5.5.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: