Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: F2Pool: "Segwit will be a disaster."  (Read 2305 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6270

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:04:27 PM

There is no such thing as the "Flippening".

For now, I agree ... but that could change in the distant future. We don't know it. My point was that e.g. if Ethereum (or any other altcoin that F2Pool doesn't support) manages to get 40-50% of BTC's market cap F2Pool could change their opinion and support Segwit to ensure BTC conserves its leadership. (At the moment ETH is on 20% of BTC's marketcap so it looks not completely impossible, although I wouldn't bet on it).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:53:55 PM

For now, I agree ... but that could change in the distant future. We don't know it. My point was that e.g. if Ethereum (or any other altcoin that F2Pool doesn't support) manages to get 40-50% of BTC's market cap F2Pool could change their opinion and support Segwit to ensure BTC conserves its leadership. (At the moment ETH is on 20% of BTC's marketcap so it looks not completely impossible, although I wouldn't bet on it).

LOL.  following Core down the road to hell is the reason BTC is in trouble in the first place.  Segwit is dead. 

xhiggy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:59:45 PM

Those guys can't even write proper english, and they think they have enough understanding of coding and so on to defy the opinion of 100% of experts in the field. Looks like common sense doesn't add up. He is just testing his twitter-influence over price again. Miners are really good for nothing goons.

And you can't even do basic maths.
100% of experts in the field?
SegWit has even less support than BU on the only number that matters, hash rate:
Bitcoin Unlimited blocks: 362  ( 36.2% )
SegWit blocks: 278  ( 27.8% )

In pure tech, here is one expert's opinion on why SegWit is total garbage:
'Segregated Witness is the most radical and irresponsible protocol upgrade Bitcoin has faced in its eight year history':
https://medium.com/the-publius-letters/segregated-witness-a-fork-too-far-87d6e57a4179

13 links on why SegWit is just sub par:
https://medium.com/@SegWit/segwit-resources-6b7432b42b1e

In features, FlexTrans is superior to SegWit in every way.

Segwit, rejected by who? A couple of chinese miners. Literally.

The rest are in with segwit:

The market has spoken. Segwit goes up = price goes up.

https://s12.postimg.org/4qtf02fij/segwitup2.png

Economic majority has spoken: All experts and relevant actors in the field are pro-segwit and anti-BU:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8HwIp7VwAEGPBb.jpg

https://medium.com/@21/using-21-to-survey-blockchain-personalities-on-the-bitcoin-hard-fork-1953c9bcb8ed

Node majority has spoken: Segwit support overwhelms Buggy Unlimited.

https://s1.postimg.org/qc16wc7qn/nodes1.png

Not that I follow satoshi's word's as if he was Jesus Christ himself, but even he warned us about the dangers of BUcoin:

https://s12.postimg.org/4cazmc05p/satoshi_Bu.png

Unfortunately, the entire ecosystem keeps getting blocked by the chinese mining cartel.

Anti-segwit, pro-BUcoin supporters are now officially fighting against reality. We didn't sign up for JihanCoin.

Looks like he read his marching orders carefully.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 09:47:15 AM

Stop with this doomsday propaganda. There is a possibility in the distant future that an asteroid wipes us all. We don't make decision today just based on this remote possibility. No altcoin comes near to anything what Bitcoin offers. The top players right now (besides Monero and LTC) are all scam coins (ETH, DASH, Ripple, et. al.). A centralized, banker and corporation funded coin like ETH or a system (backed by the same groups) such as Ripple can easily overthrow the Bitcoin market cap within a week.

Moving on:

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:00:31 AM

(besides Monero and LTC)

lol you have really bit down on the gmax appreciation gang..
you forgot to mention that group also adore zcash..

oh let me also update you gmax and his VC funders love Ethereum too..
i cant wait for you to backtrack to play follow the leader

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:20:35 AM

The top players right now (besides Monero and LTC) are all scam coins (ETH, DASH, Ripple, et. al.). A centralized, banker and corporation funded coin like ETH or a system (backed by the same groups) such as Ripple can easily overthrow the Bitcoin market cap within a week.
I agree. I also thought about it. Even if one of this coins surpasses BTC in marketcap, their fiat (ETH), scam (DASH), centralised trusted (Ripple) nature will become evident sooner or later. Unlike you I also disrespect LTC since it's a copycat.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:33:25 AM

The top players right now (besides Monero and LTC) are all scam coins (ETH, DASH, Ripple, et. al.). A centralized, banker and corporation funded coin like ETH or a system (backed by the same groups) such as Ripple can easily overthrow the Bitcoin market cap within a week.
I agree. I also thought about it. Even if one of this coins surpasses BTC in marketcap, their fiat (ETH), scam (DASH), centralised trusted (Ripple) nature will become evident sooner or later. Unlike you I also disrespect LTC since it's a copycat.

ripple and dash wont go anywhere

but looking at how the 'merchant tools' and the VC's behind blockstream are also looking at ether and LTC and zcash. you can see they wont give up without a fight.

coinbase for instance can with a click of a button allow their hundreds of thousands of merchants accept LTC and ethereum as a payment method in shops that currently use coinbase merchant tools.

so although these alts are not as good as bitcoin. you can easily see blockstream devs jump over to most probably LTC if segwit gets adopted over there. especially with coblee at the helm of coinbase

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:24:00 PM

Disaster? what do you call 4 hours transactions confirming with 132 sats per byte? I think miners are too much full of themselves thinking bitcoin is magic and they'll always have community's support, I'm telling you most of the people are in it for low fees and fast transactions.
You can't come and tell us to go use altcoins if we want lightning networks/ fast confirmations, no we want bitcoin to be fast, people need a reliable payment processing network which is also decentralized.

When people realize currently in this world everything works in competition, if bitcoin fails to offer competitive utility then people will eventually though slowly seek something better.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:37:43 PM

Segwit will be a disaster. I am not going to support it on BTC because I am a bitcoin HODLER. Meanwhile, I do not have a single litecoin.
One major reason why I had to support Segwit on Litecoin it is because I scare DDoS too much.
https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/852389706956365824
https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/852372824643600384

why does he think that segwit will be a disaster? i did not find an answer in the linked tweets.

a lot of weird thing has been coming out of f2pool_wangchun these days (and probably before but i have not been aware of it) and he doesn't seem to be all serious about the tweets he makes and it is very possible that he is doing it as a manipulation of the prices since it has been effective on litecoin also.
so in short i wouldn't read to much into "why he says what he says"
Just speculation I thought, without any explanation and reason, he threw an issue.
We have to satisfy with current nodesa/algorithm of blockchain without an upgrade.
Besides, segwit or bitcoin unlimited seems too far away to become reality, or maybe impossible.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: