Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Number of Bitcoin users.  (Read 13100 times)
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:00:15 PM

In my opinion, no one knows exactly how many people use BTC! But perhaps the number is not small at the moment
dwieyani

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

I do not know how many users bitcoin in my world approximately 50 million.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:24:44 PM

In my opinion, no one knows exactly how many people use BTC! But perhaps the number is not small at the moment
As mentioned we're now growing in number regularly compared to the past days of bitcoin. Right now we are a very small number than the fiat used all around. This will change as adoption of bitcoin increases with relation to the acceptance and implementation of blockchain technology on different sectors and bitcoin for varied requirements.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
grizman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:26:49 PM

I have a doubt. Should we call someone getting BTC0.001 or BTC0.0001 once in a while from various faucets and tips as a Bitcoin user? Where are we going to put the line?

That's a valid Q indeed.

Yes, there are allot of people even here who just get some Satoshi once in a while from signature campaigns, and convert it to fiat as soon as possible. Are they Bitcoin users?
And we can't find an accurate number of Bitcoin users using the wallets or transactions.

People who receive several Satoshi sometimes do not even understand what Bitcoin is and why it is needed. I do not consider them bitcoin users.
Real users are consciously aware of bitcoin and are aware of its advantages

Yes, they do not understand all the advantages of this currency, because they simply do not have it. You can not earn something for a few satoshs.

I agree with you. These are not bitcoin users. These are random people.
Real users understand what bitcoin is and how it can be earned. Not from the faucets - it's not serious.
ownageplocks

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:16:22 PM

As mentioned we're now growing in number regularly compared to the past days of bitcoin. Right now we are a very small number than the fiat used all around. This will change as adoption of bitcoin increases with relation to the acceptance and implementation of blockchain technology on different sectors and bitcoin for varied requirements.
I hope you're just as stoked as I am for bitcoin being integrated into day to day living for first and third world countries. We just cannot allow bitcoin to become regulated or it will be a sorry day for us all indeed.
doomloop

Activity: 2338
Merit: 582

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:37:10 PM

you are right that the number of users of bitcoin is very large as compare to past because people are getting more awareness about bitcoin and rapidly adopting it. Friends are introducing each other to bitcoin and using bitcoin in a large scale.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

Real users understand what bitcoin is and how it can be earned. Not from the faucets - it's not serious.

Then the number will be greatly reduced. Even some of the users that are active here in the forum do not fully understand what bitcoin is. Sometimes you can see some posts that suggests they use bitcoin as payment method but not really knowing what bitcoin is.
Natalim

Activity: 2968
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:56:22 AM

Then the number will be greatly reduced. Even some of the users that are active here in the forum do not fully understand what bitcoin is. Sometimes you can see some posts that suggests they use bitcoin as payment method but not really knowing what bitcoin is.
Well it's a payment system for me, bitcoin has no value if without fiat so it simply mean that we are just using its system to make a
fast transaction. That is the benefits you get when you are using bitcoin and since more people are satisfied, it is getting more valuable now.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:43:53 AM

you are right that the number of users of bitcoin is very large as compare to past because people are getting more awareness about bitcoin and rapidly adopting it. Friends are introducing each other to bitcoin and using bitcoin in a large scale.
Day by day the number of bitcoin users are keep on growing even bigger than the usual growth percentage of user of bitcoin. In my opinion, i think it is because of the good progress of bitcoin because there are few big countries that accepting bitcoin as their another type of payment system and soon bitcoin will be big and its users will surpass the number of users of paypal and other more.
btc_angela

Activity: 2660
Merit: 549

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:46:46 AM

Its really hard to speculate how many bitcoin users are out there. But I will put a guesstimate, around 100-300K only. Not even in millions. I say this because bitcoin is not even adopted by many people and the world are still fiat dominated. We hope that a lot of people are going to use bitcoin in the future, but volatile price and other issues keeps them away and using fiat as best option.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:25:09 AM

Recently, a comprehensive cyrpto currency study was conducted by the university of cambridge.Although,it has revealed various aspects of bitcoin such as total number of wallets used,number of unique users of crypto currency wallets,but finally they have said that it is impossible to know precisely how many people use crypto currency.What do you think? Can we atleast get an approximate number of  total Bitcoin users world wide?
This is true that to calculate the accurately that how many unique users are using bitcoin wallet and altcoin or other same type coins  , is about impossible.
But here if the blockchain can give Thier data that how many wallets are created and Currently live to use by the users then surely we can make direct approximation that how many numbers of the people are involved in this .
And in case of altcoin it is really simple to calculate but it is mendetory that the altcoin owner tell us that how many users are using Thier coin and then making average of the user we can determine how many people are involved.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:29:41 AM

My guess would be that the number of users is still under five millions.
Evereybody has to start with bitcoin somewhere, and I bet that at least 20 percent of the users start here at bitcointalk.
This forum has slightly under one million accounts. So combined that would give me 5 million users.
And when you include the possibility that some people have two or more accounts, the number of real users would decrease. At least im my theory.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: