Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Take profits now!  (Read 5596 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:45:30 PM

Bitcoin is undervalued right now.

it might continue to be undervalued for a few days, but it will eventually recover as it has always done.

selling now may not be the best move IMO.

either way, I'm in it for the long term.

who cares how many pieces of monopoly money I have, it's bitcoin I care about. 

fuck dollars.
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 812

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 01:52:46 PM

it might continue to be undervalued for a few days, but it will eventually recover as it has always done.

fuck dollars.

It happen always that bitcoins price goes undervalued and suddenly price goes up without giving us any hint. And that would be a good thing since we can earn by that if we want short trade and contented to earn a few bucks daily. But as you said your aim is for long term but are you sure that you can earn huge for that matter if you stick to your god feels? Although Bitcoins got + ratings for now but could you think that its good thing to earn daily and have a spare of bits to be traded on long terms plan?

aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

fuck dollars.
The current price for bitcoin is 1 191 USD, are you sure that BTC is undervalued?

Of course it is only my point of view, but I cannot understand how did you manage to think that bitcoin price is undervalued now, we are close to the all-time high!
Or you are maybe one of the people that believe bitcoin going up to 2000$ in first half of 2017 ? That would be understandable then.

My analysis for bitcoin is different, I would say that it is rather slightly overvalued, I would sell now and wait for 950-1050 $ level's to enter long once again.

wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:13:55 PM

Sell all crypto-currency to fiat IMMEDIATELY. BTC will dive -30%. Altcoins will decline even more. SegWit and scaling has been defeated on both Bitcoin and (at least near-term) also Litecoin. Also there are macroeconomics things going on which will also hit gold and every asset except USD. Store your money in USD or altcoin USDT (dollar peg) temporarily until this dip has concluded

I am with him here.

For the non red-pilled guys out here:
End of April is the start of the financial end-game (for those of you looking down the rabbit hole even deeper, you know that there is so much more at stake). Everything which is traded or influenced from NYC will see a big crash, except the beloved $. Until a few days/weeks ago I thought gold or bitcoin are alternatives. Unfortunately I needed to change my mind with improving my knowledge about BTC. I was always thinking BTC is independent, a free currency. Well, I was naive and I highly underestimated their end-game. This will not happen again, if it is even relevant afterwards. As usual, in this financial cleansing, the wrong people will lose their money and the wrong people will benefit. As usual.

Be on the right side of this.

For the records: I will buy back into BTC in May.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

Sell all crypto-currency to fiat IMMEDIATELY. BTC will dive -30%. Altcoins will decline even more. SegWit and scaling has been defeated on both Bitcoin and (at least near-term) also Litecoin. Also there are macroeconomics things going on which will also hit gold and every asset except USD. Store your money in USD or altcoin USDT (dollar peg) temporarily until this dip has concluded

hmm.
Current bitcoin price is $1175 on average today (April 15).
-30% dive means price going down to $822.5

now we wait...

It would have been interesting if you added some timeframe to this speculation. For example is the dive going to happen in next day, a week, a month, 2, a year, in 10 years from now?

Are you so sure about this -30% dive that is gonna happen, in your previous value the price is $1175, and as of now the price has slightly increase and now become $1182.69 I suppose if not the next day or two, but bitcoin keeps on moving forward and increasing it's value and if we speculated something like that are we so sure it's gonna happen? but well it is just a speculation that is why we are here!

Unless by "you" you mean iamnotback, I have to ask you to read again. Because I am not the one making this speculation.

Well the you can become him and him can become you, is it matters? as I would say we are making this speculation even if OP started this we are the one adding up something to it and it will never stop until I don't have to say anymore, and I think by referring to you I didn't mean quoting his and your post so sorry about that!
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:06:27 PM

The momentum is dying out, its time for a profit taking if anyone wants to make 10-20% and buy back.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg180ztgSzbgBza1gWMAzm1g10za2gWMAzm2g25zxzi1gCCIzi2gMACDzv

The way things are going, there is more money in dumping/buying back than just HODLing.

I agree there is more money in selling and buying than just holding Bitcoin but there is more risk in it too.  Once the selling timing is bad, it will only lead to losses.   So basically to be able to take advantage of fluctuation one must have the skill and knowledge.  Having knowledge is easier than having skill or understanding the market.

I guess if you understand jualbeli markets bitcoin surely you will know about the losses or profits because if not it will gain a big loss and will miss all that you can before they occur, we recommend that you should know first about the value of seller or purchase bitcoin with so we will get a big advantage, of course. it is indeed more knowledge is required rather than skill, but skill is also necessary because it will reduce your little loss
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:14:37 PM

Booking profit is for traders.
Most people here are long-term investors. Hold for the long term and then  liquidate slowly when the need arises.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:54:36 PM

Apparently LTC will likely be a hedge against the coming BTC decline. Go long LTC (Litecoin) now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg18614017#msg18614017

(I deleted this post temporary at 11:40 because so many of you jumped on it buying LTC that you caused a significant price rise and volume, thus were interfering with me covering my short and taking a long position. I am re-posting now that I completed my trade)
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:56:59 PM

Apparently LTC will likely be a hedge against the coming BTC decline. Go long LTC (Litecoin) now.

(I deleted this post temporary at 11:40 because so many of you jumped on it buying LTC that you caused a significant price rise and volume, thus were interfering with me covering my short and taking a long position. I am re-posting now that I completed my trade)
This ltc fanboy. Ethereum is a hedge for btc, not ltc. Does the ltc devs pay you for this propaganda or something?
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:32:53 PM

This user is currently ignored.

I have a new policy. Any user that goes on my Ignore list, never comes off it.

Any Ignored user who posts in my moderated threads, have their posts summarily deleted without myself reading them.

Consider it a trophy for obnoxious behavior.

My Ignore list will be renamed to the Wall of Butthurt Asshats someday.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:49:56 PM

I just hold and hold until I reach what I want of the price and until I earn really well. Because when I sell and I had a wrong timing into selling it I might regret it in the long run. So, I just hold it for now.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:30:01 PM

The momentum is dying out, its time for a profit taking if anyone wants to make 10-20% and buy back.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg180ztgSzbgBza1gWMAzm1g10za2gWMAzm2g25zxzi1gCCIzi2gMACDzv

The way things are going, there is more money in dumping/buying back than just HODLing.
I won't, as I will miss higher price to sell, furthermore, I don't really need to convert my bitcoin.
My rules are ; buy below $1000 which has passed and sell at minimum $1300 (ATH for now)
I will sell mine if I desperate need for money. Well, my cash still enough right now and let my savings for another chance.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:32:30 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg18610203#msg18610203
No ltc fanboy. The hedge for btc is ethereum not ltc. Go away with you ltc propaganda
Promoting either currency is not "propaganda", it's just a good suggestion.  Litecoin has rose significantly recently and will not ever die completely due to its long-term legitimacy as a good coin.

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:48:52 PM

Booking profit is for traders.
Most people here are long-term investors. Hold for the long term and then  liquidate slowly when the need arises.

I agree, if people is in to Bitcoin for a long time, then definitely it is best to buy and hold not sell.  Bitcoin is always like these, fluctuating wildly and the only people who are affected with the wild fluctuation are day traders.  Long time holders does not care but rather looking forward to their target price to convert their BTC to cash with huge profit.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:46:53 PM

In current situation, the price is not undervalued. If we had no potential hard fork to worry about, and we were sitting at the same price levels as today, then you could have somewhat of a point, but not in this case. Bitcoin not being able to scale, forms a massive obstacle that prevents Bitcoin from growing further. It's clear that the demand for block space greatly outweighs that what Bitcoin can offer, and thus badly needs an update. As long as that isn't the case, we'll remain in a cycle of ups and down where we won't be moving much further away from current levels. That being said, if you just ignore the peak that was the result of the speculation around the ETF hype, we're not far away from the effective (more realistic) all time high. In that regard, the market can't be considered undervalued at all.
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:12:44 AM

this now not good time and not right time to selling and take profit
because bitcoin price is down, this now is good time to hold youre bitcoin balance
wait bitcoin price to 1300 dollar you can sell it and take profit

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:45:11 AM

I just hold and hold until I reach what I want of the price and until I earn really well. Because when I sell and I had a wrong timing into selling it I might regret it in the long run. So, I just hold it for now.
I agree with you . now doing the holding is the right choice, some possibilities also states bitcoin prices will rise significantly.
we must wait with patience good. because this would be risking what we get.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:21:34 AM

I agree with you . now doing the holding is the right choice, some possibilities also states bitcoin prices will rise significantly.
we must wait with patience good. because this would be risking what we get.
As quoted it's good to hold on with patience. The price moves are simply good even though it's now on the decreasing state. The price seems to fall, but the value is understood by most users. This has made them consider it an potential investment by holding.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:29:56 AM

You are so full of yourself mate, did you think people actually care about anything you say after already buying sub $5 LTC and shilling it so that you could dump on them?
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:06:15 AM

If bitcoin can solve its issue on scaling and prevent a hardfork, then the current price is undervalued. But if this problem persists and the hard fork threat unresolved, the price may go down and this is the right time to sell some coins for profit. I believe bitcoin price will continue to up and down in this range until this issues are resolved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: