Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:59:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51005 times)
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:07:15 AM

For now I don't see it because the higher bitcoin price and I saw in the market altcoin free-fall, it proves investors still believe in bitcoin and the bitcoin charts still have not shown a decline.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:08:37 AM

May you should rephrase Does BTC have a Chance against the ALTS?

~ Jan 30th, 2017
BTC Price was $922.95
LTC Price was     $3.86

Now on May 04, 2017
BTC Price is $1500.13
LTC Price is     $21.78

BTC Price increased by ~62%
LTC Price increased by
~564.3%

Writing is on the Wall People , Profit from it or ignore it , your Choice!

$1000 invested in BTC would now be $ 1620

$1000 invested in LTC would now be $ 5643   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Class Dismissed.  Smiley

Cool
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:31:13 AM

~ Jan 30th, 2017
BTC Price was $922.95
LTC Price was     $3.86

Now on May 04, 2017
BTC Price is $1500.13
LTC Price is     $21.78

LTC Price increased by
~564.3%

Class Dismissed.  Smiley

Cool
I think you are one of the successful investor of litecoins and you already gained a lot of money with your investment so you are trying to make us think that litecoin is the best for cryptocurrencies to invest now, but i think no, because it is just pure manipulation in the market so we cannot all get profit in altcoins.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:36:07 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
You are definitely right pal, Bitcoin price now was continuously rising up imagine now is 1509$, and its more getting higher in every minutes, hour, depending on the demand of the community in the entire world.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:42:11 AM

~ Jan 30th, 2017
BTC Price was $922.95
LTC Price was     $3.86

Now on May 04, 2017
BTC Price is $1500.13
LTC Price is     $21.78

LTC Price increased by
~564.3%

Class Dismissed.  Smiley

Cool

Well, your logic is that as long as an altcoin gets pumped, it's better than bitcoin?

I mean, that's saying that a company's product and offering are better than a competitors simply because their share prices went over the roof, due to hype, whilst the other company's share market prices only increased a little.

Now if you ask anyone that, i doubt anyone will be in your favour.

Litecoin will always be a competitor of bitcoin, but it'll never take over bitcoin. The most likely option right now is Ethereum. Litecoin is like #5 or #6.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:05:42 AM

Litecoin is a fine coin, probably the next big thing compared to Bitcoin, but you fail to realize that it is rejuvenated only because imminent SegWit activation.
What will happen in a month when traders will get bored with LTC because they will find a point LTC can't be pumped anymore?
Another thing, when SegWit will be proven and tested I believe that Bitcoin will follow with scaling upgrade somehow and that will destroy all altcoin opposition.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:06:00 AM

Litecoin will always be a competitor of bitcoin, but it'll never take over bitcoin. The most likely option right now is Ethereum. Litecoin is like #5 or #6.

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/  

ranks by trading volume, according to it LTC is now #1 even over BTC.
 Wink

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

Litecoin is a fine coin, probably the next big thing compared to Bitcoin, but you fail to realize that it is rejuvenated only because imminent SegWit activation.
What will happen in a month when traders will get bored with LTC because they will find a point LTC can't be pumped anymore?
Another thing, when SegWit will be proven and tested I believe that Bitcoin will follow with scaling upgrade somehow and that will destroy all altcoin opposition.

LTC 4X BTC Transaction Capacity

LTC Very Cheap to Transfer coins verses BTC already too high Transaction Fees.

CoinBase Wallet that places the two on equal footing with Merchants.

Segwit & LN, really don't matter.  LTC is technically and economically superior to BTC.

To all that believe BTC is always going to be on top and treat BTC as a religion and not a product , you worship a false idol.

Cool
DD-Lex

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Perhaps in a few years something will change, but now bitcoin is the best coin and is constantly evolving.
SpectivVR

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Spectiv Crowdsale: December 8th

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:59:09 AM

Alts like Ether that provide a true value to the market, have a chance at competing with BTC, but more importantly, the alt market as a whole is already thriving. BTC dominance is getting lower over time, the current rise has slightly stopped that, but over time it will likely continue. BTC will most likely remain the top crypto, but a lot is happening in the space.

SpectivVR                                                           Crowdsale: 12/08 - 12/29
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                    [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk   |   Slack   |   Twitter   |   LinkedIn   |   Medium   |   Facebook   |   Instagram
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:06:33 AM

LTC 4X BTC Transaction Capacity

LTC Very Cheap to Transfer coins verses BTC already too high Transaction Fees.

CoinBase Wallet that places the two on equal footing with Merchants.

Segwit & LN, really don't matter.  LTC is technically and economically superior to BTC.

To all that believe BTC is always going to be on top and treat BTC as a religion and not a product , you worship a false idol.

Cool
Ok, I get your point. Litecoin is superior coin, technologically at least. Agree, for now it is.
So Following your logic - let's create a coin which will have transaction capacity comparable to Visa (it is insane number, I know) with fees lower that LTC.
So if SegWit and LN doesn't really matter the only difference would be getting Coibase Wallet and we have the most advanced coin, hands down.
You know what the problem would be with that coin? Bitcoin had near perfect initial distribution. All coins created after are worse because of that.
Hutalar

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:13:48 AM

Alts like Ether that provide a true value to the market, have a chance at competing with BTC, but more importantly, the alt market as a whole is already thriving. BTC dominance is getting lower over time, the current rise has slightly stopped that, but over time it will likely continue. BTC will most likely remain the top crypto, but a lot is happening in the space.
I do not believe that it will happen that any other coin like Ether will come and will replace of threat bitcoin as these coins do not have that much ability to compete bitcoin as they themselves are in the way to proof their ability which is not yet as people still doubt on the ability of other coins while in case of bitcoin everyone believe on it hat yes this coin is getting the success and will not be able to drop down in the future as many companies are coming and are adopting bitcoin as their currency for their clients.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:35:50 AM

I don't believe that there alts right now which are able to threat the domination of bitcoin. This, however, does not exclude the possibility of another alt, say litecoin, to be used as payment instead of bitcoin in daily micro-transactions. The reasons are known to all of us. Moreover where the privacy matters then instead of bitcoin some people would prefer the monero with its unique features concerning anonymity to do their financial transactions.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:42:43 AM

I do not believe that it will happen that any other coin like Ether will come and will replace of threat bitcoin as these coins do not have that much ability to compete bitcoin as they themselves are in the way to proof their ability which is not yet as people still doubt on the ability of other coins while in case of bitcoin everyone believe on it hat yes this coin is getting the success and will not be able to drop down in the future as many companies are coming and are adopting bitcoin as their currency for their clients.

You may have a point but remember Eth has several contracts under its banner. This tokens may increase its value over time and possibly surpassed bitcoin in their accumulated total but its only an opinion. Bitcoin is already establish and it becomes already a de facto cryptocurrency where most altcoins in trading is pair to btc.

Open for Campaigns
Vorth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:08:06 PM

If we talk about present and not so distant future. There is no cryptocurrency which has chances against bitcoin. Bitcoin has the first mover advantage. Therefore it will keep its first position safe for some time. But I shy away from absolutes. There is a complete chance of an altcoin surpassing bitcoin surely not in coming future but yeah someday.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:54:14 PM

If we talk about present and not so distant future. There is no cryptocurrency which has chances against bitcoin. Bitcoin has the first mover advantage. Therefore it will keep its first position safe for some time. But I shy away from absolutes. There is a complete chance of an altcoin surpassing bitcoin surely not in coming future but yeah someday.

There is a possibility and perhaps some Altcoins was dumping on purpose so bitcoin will get the heights he deserves, but if they would have a chance to get the top spot of the food chain I think he will not think twice to take it, my opinion is Altcoin can surely do it, but the price of bitcoin today was incredible and a mere altcoin can not handle the heat of the increasing value of bitcoin that is nearing to $1600 as of now the total value is $1576.93 on the google converter!
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:57:53 PM

For now I don't see it because the higher bitcoin price and I saw in the market altcoin free-fall, it proves investors still believe in bitcoin and the bitcoin charts still have not shown a decline.

The reason why bitcoin has the lead over alternative coins that have existed in the world of cryptocurrency is because of its market. Bitcoin have many exchanges all across the globe and you can convert it to local currency instantly while other altcoins does not have. If other altcoins have its own exchanger across the globe then it can compete with bitcoin but as of today no altcoin have its own exchange that you can convert to local currency.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:09:04 PM

Too many altcoins now, Dash,Zcash, Monero and Rep increases their prices too. But i think none of them can replace the stability of BTC in cryptocurency.
WRong. They all have the chance to knock down Bitcoin when they are strong enough. There are not many people know about Bitcoin and that is why the prices of other alt still very low

Nah, the second and third biggest market caps are centralized shitcoins. Ethereum will hard fork in a hot second if there is something the dev doesn't like and Ripple is the most centralized piece of shit of them all. Litecoins are fine, Monero is fine but I wouldn't ever see the need to invest in them unless I was trying to be a greedy little whiner because I didn't get into bitcoins soon enough. They all have big ups and big downs. Not worth it IMO.

Hmm, this is something that really is not worth to do friends. All of the huge gains usually come from transactions that have a rising and significant declines. But it all does require a lot of time in order to not get the loss, you need to know bitcoin indeed gives a more secure advantage compared to other digital currencies. But instead of the bitcoin the right way to be able to get many advantages

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:12:36 PM

This. The competitor to BTC is likely to be Ether.

Ether transactions in the last 24 hours were 104,591, an all time high:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactions.html

At some point they'll exceed bitcoin transactions, and then we shall get the mother of all battles to be the #1 coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:18:13 PM

well ETH , ripplre , zcash , monero its still profitable ..so still had a chance for going high price soon in the future  Grin
I agree with you, ETH, ripple, zcash and monero is still profitable for trading altcoins, but i am doubt all of them
has chance to against bitcoin because they are still new altcoins be compared with bitcoin
and their marketcap are still little amount be compared with bitcoin too, will needs long time for them to against bitcoin.
Coins like monero are not meant to surpass bitcoin in my opinion, monero instead give to us the best chances of hiding our transactions by the use of clever anonymity techniques, so the purposes of both coins are completely different.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: