Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:16:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51003 times)
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:00:59 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
in my opinion , altcoin can not chances against bitcoin because the altcoin there is not value without bitcoin
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 03:03:31 PM

I highly doubt it.  I think theres always a chance, rightly so that alt coins will rise organically too but the fact is btc is actually essential the very existence of most, if not all the alt coins to date.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:18:33 PM

of course yes. Altcoins are now following the Bitcoin path and the prices of all have been increase for at least 3 times. Look at eth, litecoin and dash have done. Also ripple, it prices has been x10 since the early of 2017
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

An altcoin should be a complement to BTC, not its replacement, to improve the cryptocurrency/blockchain solution. Thinking that way is more one competition between altcoins to see who has the best solution to a given problem than against BTC. In this scenario, ETH, LTC, Zcash, and Monero look like to have better chances than other cryptos.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:58:14 PM

plenty altcoins came and go most of them could survive but some of them also eventually became an dead coin however in this case i would see from the price side and how much price worth for the particular altcoins but untill now i didn't see any altcoin could through bitcoin from the price side so altcoin against bitcoin certainly bitcoin will be the winner and there is no altcoin could surpassing bitcoin from all sides
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:18:44 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

I don't think so that there is an altcoins have chances to beat bitcoin, and even there is big businesses are moving their funds towards altcoins it may not harm bitcoins as well, due to bitcoin will still bringing up to the higher level of demand by the bitcoin community.
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

I think it is hard for the people put big money into alts until whenever altcoins will never be able to fight bitcoin even though there are some coins that have big pontential but I believe bitcoin will still stand strong itself.

Glutinous Treat

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:42:22 PM

Oh yes, definitely. Don't want to shill and particular alts but there may be alternatives to the btc blockchain while still being decentralized.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:54:16 PM

No i don't think so i mean if you see bitcoin is legend and the only unique coin the alts are just their to give it some sort of competition and nothing else. It's just like gold, there are different diamonds like ruby, sapphire but in the end gold is the one who is leading at the end of the day. If i have to say ether can have a good chance against bitcoin.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:11:42 PM

May you should rephrase Does BTC have a Chance against the ALTS?

~ Jan 30th, 2017
BTC Price was $922.95
LTC Price was     $3.86

Now on May 04, 2017
BTC Price is $1500.13
LTC Price is     $21.78

BTC Price increased by ~62%
LTC Price increased by
~564.3%

Writing is on the Wall People , Profit from it or ignore it , your Choice!

$1000 invested in BTC would now be $ 1620

$1000 invested in LTC would now be $ 5643   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Class Dismissed.  Smiley

Cool

SO it means we have to invest to litecoin?
This is amazing if litecoin will gonna dump the strongness of bitcoin now, we can see how bitcoin supporters supports bitcoin itself, how it rises up easily, unlike others, we can see it now.
Bitcoin is strong, there are many investors behind it.
I believe that the price of LTC increased more higher than bitcoin but still I believe more in investment of bitcoin because the base of bitcoin is stronger there is a constant demand of bitcoin and people do not use it alone for trade like buying and selling while LTC is nowadays mainly used for trade so when people see that the price increased much high then they all will sell and the price will dump much lower.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:06:46 PM

No i don't think so i mean if you see bitcoin is legend and the only unique coin the alts are just their to give it some sort of competition and nothing else. It's just like gold, there are different diamonds like ruby, sapphire but in the end gold is the one who is leading at the end of the day. If i have to say ether can have a good chance against bitcoin.
All the altcoins are just trying to catch up to the bitcoin they have struggled for years now to be like the bitcoin but they always fail, however they may not seem like they are doing much right now but in the long term they may become worthful since the market cap for bitcoin is limited.

So, when there is no more bitcoin to mine it will get very expensive and that means that people won’t be able to get as much as they do now, which means they are going to search for alternatives, and then they will rise.

xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:13:46 PM

I think the biggest threat for bitcoin will probably be Ethereum. Just because it's so much more than a way of making transactions. The smart contracts are extremely exciting and I would love to know how those will affect the world in 5 to 10 years from now. The main problems that bitcoin has right now is scalability and transaction speed. Right now transactions can sometimes take way too long even when paying a fairly high fee. We'll hopefully see how those problems will be solved in the near future. But I think aslong as bitcoin keeps it's value it will be king.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:24:50 PM

For now bitcoin still has great power in world economic market. Altcoin is a digital currency that has the same chances as bitcoin.
But now almost everyone uses bitcoin, while altcoin is just a tool for trading.
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:37:29 PM

For sure, altcoin market is a booming market, yet I don't exactly understand what you mean saying change against Bitcoin. None of them can leap Bitcoin. But this does not mean Bitcoin is always more profitable than altcoins. Altcoins have been taking an important fraction of total coin market cap.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:36:06 PM

For sure, altcoin market is a booming market, yet I don't exactly understand what you mean saying change against Bitcoin. None of them can leap Bitcoin. But this does not mean Bitcoin is always more profitable than altcoins. Altcoins have been taking an important fraction of total coin market cap.

I think he meant altcoins replacing bitcoins or surpassing its market cap. Altcoin has been more profitable than bitcoins for a long time. Since you can easily become a whale in the altcoin market, you can hold multiple coins at once. Supposed that the price of the altcoin you're holding increased by a dollar and you're holding 100pcs, then you just earned 100$. But when the price of bitcoin increased by a dollar, you're not going to earn as much since 1 bitcoin is worth too much.

When both bitcoins and your altcoin is pumping, then there's even more profit fiat-wise.

jfao09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:42:09 PM

ETH maybe have a chances to against bitcoins
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:49:05 PM

You shouldn't be so sure that alts cannot overtake Bitcoin. Ethereum is now worth a third of Bitcoin (in terms of market capitalization). Other alts are barking on Bitcoin's heels too.
noninum

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

Yeah, course. Take a look LTC and ETH, both which have the potential to crawl up. Even CLAM began to show movement again. Trade is very exciting, where bitcoin against dollar rise, altcoin also go up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:37:09 PM

If you look at more then 3 months back or better at January this year you will see that all coins are going up some in small percentage other in very large ones (i mean some went over 200 - 300 or even more in %). Off course if someone invested then now can laugh at us all cuz he made right choice with some coin.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:21:37 PM

If you look at more then 3 months back or better at January this year you will see that all coins are going up some in small percentage other in very large ones (i mean some went over 200 - 300 or even more in %). Off course if someone invested then now can laugh at us all cuz he made right choice with some coin.
I don't think that short term growth or even having their value tripled signifies that they have a chance against Bitcoin. Because one thing they don't have against Bitcoin is actual use as a currency. Because the only cryptocurrency that can be use to transact widely is Bitcoin, and I don't think that businesses are open to add another cryptocurrency to their payment method.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: