Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:38:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51005 times)
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:35:51 PM

We are see some altcoins getting very close to cross the market value of bitcoin, but with a huge difference in the price, and well there are some altcoins that can replace bitcoin, since they have what crypto always wanted, fast transactions and low fees.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:10:52 AM

We are see some altcoins getting very close to cross the market value of bitcoin, but with a huge difference in the price, and well there are some altcoins that can replace bitcoin, since they have what crypto always wanted, fast transactions and low fees.

Today I paid $1+ fee to send $4.4 to someone. Not bitcoins are no more attractive to send smaller payments so soon or later some other altcoins will pick up for these smaller transactions. I see the potential in ETH. I was using all the while XAPO for sending smaller transaction and didn't notice the pain but today they started charging fee for all transactions and noticed this high fee too expensive and it is worst than Paypal fees now. I paid almost 20% fee for this transaction.
fanita

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:21:37 AM

coin now emang rival bitcoin then something unique must be needed so that having a specific goal gar does not become a bitcoin imitator.

grim007

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:33:32 AM

There were a lot of new invented cryptocurrencies , some altcoins gather trust already and some were just for test yet bitcoin still in demand since already proves how helpful and trustful bitcoin is even with flows its experiencing in service now.
alucard23

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:31:33 AM

Depends on the focus of such cryptos. Currencies attempting to be a storage of value may encounter major problems competing with Bitcoin, but I see a certain potential for currencies focused on microtransactions and decentralized digital assets.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Rufsilf

Activity: 1736
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:39:35 PM

Yes i see alts have chances against bitcoin because there is a lot of alts in the market and it is very easy to find better alts than bitcoin and for sure you can easily find it out too so i think some alts have chance but bitcoin will still dominate them.
Salazarian

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:59:53 PM

Bitcoin's not going anywhere.  It's the gold standard.

I think there is room for "alts" if they can do something better than bitcoin can, or if they can do something that bitcoin can't.

The obvious thing is low transaction fees for smaller payments.  Bitcoin seems to be giving up that segment at the moment, though it's possible it could reclaim it in the future.  Now's the time that an "alt" could gain traction here.

The most exciting new thing, though, and something that bitcoin doesn't really do at all, is smart contracts.

I think Ethereum is the start of this, and those that build on it and expand the contract functionality have a lot of potential.

I agree. Altcoins represent their own unique qualities but they are still not closed to bitcoin. From their name they are just an alternative.

I agree , bitcoin will always be the pioneer of all coins , it has the most numerous number of participants and the most investment value, bitcoin is the father of all alternative coins, i think alt coins are depending on bitcoins , it cannot change bitcoin , bitcoin has a stronger market value. and been strongest among all alt coins.
Yes I believe that the bitcoin is the strongest among st all. The bitcoin no doubt is the pioneer of the crypto currency due to which it has many advantages as compare to the alts and this is the reason why people like and trust it more than the other digital currencies available in the market.

basesaw

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:18:10 PM

If you would just look at xem, it has solved the problems that bitcon cant solved. try reading and researching xem(new economy movement) you will know that it has potential to rise. it already rose 10,000% since 2014 so this means that it has a lot of potential to be one of the trusted coin in the future.
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:33:39 PM

If you would just look at xem, it has solved the problems that bitcon cant solved. try reading and researching xem(new economy movement) you will know that it has potential to rise. it already rose 10,000% since 2014 so this means that it has a lot of potential to be one of the trusted coin in the future.
Yeah theere are many coins which are very good to invest at the moment and there are more than 50% of the coin existing on the marketcap are better than Bitcooin. In the future, we will see many coins rising and become a good force against Bitcoin
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:36:29 PM

Yeah theere are many coins which are very good to invest at the moment and there are more than 50% of the coin existing on the marketcap are better than Bitcooin. In the future, we will see many coins rising and become a good force against Bitcoin

I think they are only getting pumped and most of them are just pump-dump shit and nothing too much invest-worthy and only a few have chances over bitcoins as a competitor but I still don't see any taking its place any sooner than a decade or two as Bitcoin has conquered the markets due to its superiority and will rule the markets as well as hearts of people for many more years.
bibiqua

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:29:08 PM

I think they are only getting pumped and most of them are just pump-dump shit and nothing too much invest-worthy

I understand you don't like them. Any meaningful reasoning behind that - in terms of evidence, facts, etc?

Bitcoin has conquered the markets due to its superiority

By superiority, are you referring to the unprecedented transaction backlog, the ridiculous fees and the clear inability to resolve burning issues?
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:38:22 PM

Bitcoin's not going anywhere.  It's the gold standard.

I think there is room for "alts" if they can do something better than bitcoin can, or if they can do something that bitcoin can't.

The obvious thing is low transaction fees for smaller payments.  Bitcoin seems to be giving up that segment at the moment, though it's possible it could reclaim it in the future.  Now's the time that an "alt" could gain traction here.

The most exciting new thing, though, and something that bitcoin doesn't really do at all, is smart contracts.

I think Ethereum is the start of this, and those that build on it and expand the contract functionality have a lot of potential.

I agree. Altcoins represent their own unique qualities but they are still not closed to bitcoin. From their name they are just an alternative.

I agree , bitcoin will always be the pioneer of all coins , it has the most numerous number of participants and the most investment value, bitcoin is the father of all alternative coins, i think alt coins are depending on bitcoins , it cannot change bitcoin , bitcoin has a stronger market value. and been strongest among all alt coins.

Surely, bitcoin is here to stay, it was the progenitor. But it's not so regulatable. Thus is the draw of ETH and XRP, they are mutable enough to control on a state/corporate level. XRP can even be reversed; takes the whole blockchain experience away IMO.

Bitcoin will always be ahead in other Alt coins, Alt coins were followed of bitcoin, bitcoin will always be best in features and services . Especially in value and amount of fees bitcoin is in lead.
Even bitcoin is the strongest coin right now it is not 'always' the best because there will be a time that an altcoin will created and it will be a lot more better than bitcoin and if the people will attracted to that then then the rest will follow to and that is the time when bitcoin will slowly gets old and at the end being abandoned.
Well my dear you are not sure about what you are saying. It is good to be optimistic but it is better to be realistic as well. Currently the bitcoin is on the top and the strongest of all the digital currency. I guess the bitcoin will get itself upgrade with the passage and the need of the time.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:46:14 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
It could happen duo to popularity of bitcoin and cryptocurency that some altcoin rise, but there is low probability that it will indanger or replace bitcoin. Bitcoin is too strong and getting even stronger, day by day. I do not think that any altcoin can replace bitcoin... not in near future that is.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:01:03 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
It could happen duo to popularity of bitcoin and cryptocurency that some altcoin rise, but there is low probability that it will indanger or replace bitcoin. Bitcoin is too strong and getting even stronger, day by day. I do not think that any altcoin can replace bitcoin... not in near future that is.

Bitcoin value been the reason why no other cryptocurrency can replace it for now since bitcoin price increases amazingly and other alt does not.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:40:07 PM

to me i think anything can happen as possibility is always there, but still there are very little chance and i do not think that any other crypto currency will overcome bitcoin in next few decades.
Palodar

Activity: 376

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:29:15 AM

to me i think anything can happen as possibility is always there, but still there are very little chance and i do not think that any other crypto currency will overcome bitcoin in next few decades.

We can't really tell since there were a lot of altcoins in the background. Some were improving and some getting dump. Bitcoin still on lead but lets just see what may happen in the near future.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:00:10 AM

We can't really tell since there were a lot of altcoins in the background. Some were improving and some getting dump. Bitcoin still on lead but lets just see what may happen in the near future.
It's not impossible for bitcoin to be replace, anything can happen because we are in the crypto world where we are in control of everything, we can manage what currency we like to support. Bitcoin is getting more support now that's why it is popular now but this popularity is uncertain once a better technology will be recognize.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:09:37 AM

I think Bitcoin and altcoins can serve different purposes and function at the same time. Bitcoin may only be used for large transactions or storing money because the fees are high. Altcoins can be used for smaller transactions since the fees are lower.
Nevis

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

Clearly if you analyze big and new alts yes they do have the power to battle against bitcoin network,they have the chance to beat up bitcoin if and only if big  investors and some companies will push to go for good and better projects
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:08:49 AM

Clearly if you analyze big and new alts yes they do have the power to battle against bitcoin network,they have the chance to beat up bitcoin if and only if big  investors and some companies will push to go for good and better projects

I don't think so, because it is not about having many investors, it is about the solidity of the coin, on how strong the coin, that it will remain standing on the consequences that it will face because of the rising of other Altcoins. And if they are going to survive this, then it is possible that they will surpass bitcoin. Though there are still a lot of ways on how they are going to surpass it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: