Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:22:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51003 times)
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

As long as there's innovation, ther's always a chance. The giant Google knows this and does not sit on its laurels. Buying companies left and right that it perceives as threat.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:26:44 PM

Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?
Yes, especially due to the increasing uselessness of Bitcoin. Currently, I have to pay $2 fee to make a simple transaction of < 300 bytes.

Sites are currently adapting to pay their users in Bitcoin. Some sites once offered withdrawal at $1, then increased to $5, and now it is over $20.

Soon, people may start requesting payment in another coin, or just use Payza, Paypal, etc.

It seems like Bitcoin is turning into something contrary to its intended purpose. I feel scammed, and I am not even investor just a user.

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
Seville

Activity: 270

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:48:47 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 05:14:22 PM by Seville

ETH has a good chance imo.. Im actually scared  
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:51:53 PM

From the beginning of the year bitcoin have been increasing high. Along with the pumping of bitcoin, altcoins too have risen periodically which means the competence between the two is high. For the same we cannot predict that alts have chance against bitcoin.

Alt coins are pumping too even they are going to pump higher that is not going to make them having against bitcoin. All of them are just aspiring successors of bitcoin but they will never replace bitcoin on the market. This is the best and original of all the crypto currency and this will be the truth about bitcoin.
True, it does not matter that altcoin are pumping when bitcoin is pumping too besides, the price difference is still too much, in that particular way to measure crypto currencies bitcoin is way ahead of any other crypto an reaching the level that bitcoin currently has will take them years or decades.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:07:20 PM

Yes alts can have a chance against bitcoin as long as it is supported by the community. It is up to us people what cryptocurrency we want to use and support in the upcoming years.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
mudboy93

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:00:10 PM

Actually and honestly speaking, LTC isn't much of a challenge at all right now, DOGE is promising but it doesn't offer anything different from BTC so I don't see it actually taking it's place, ETH is the biggest challenger IMO, if it does stop having regular exploits.
MONERO is a good growing challenger and even getting some blackmarket's attention too, However I don't see any of them completely taking out bitcoins.
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:32:07 PM

Actually and honestly speaking, LTC isn't much of a challenge at all right now, DOGE is promising but it doesn't offer anything different from BTC so I don't see it actually taking it's place, ETH is the biggest challenger IMO, if it does stop having regular exploits.
MONERO is a good growing challenger and even getting some blackmarket's attention too, However I don't see any of them completely taking out bitcoins.
I liked Peercoin, it has many interesting ideas. Seems very innovative, far better than Bitcoin.

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

[1]Yes, especially due to the increasing uselessness of Bitcoin. Currently, I have to pay $2 fee to make a simple transaction of < 300 bytes.

Sites are currently adapting to pay their users in Bitcoin. [2]Some sites once offered withdrawal at $1, then increased to $5, and now it is over $20.

Soon, [3]people may start requesting payment in another coin, or just use Payza, Paypal, etc.

[4]It seems like Bitcoin is turning into something contrary to its intended purpose. I feel scammed, and I am not even investor just a user.

[1] One thing, Bitcoin's transaction fee doesn't make bitcoin more or less useful than before. Bitcoin has achieved its value because it's utilitarian. People literally buy and use bitcoins because it's useful.

[2] Which sites, though? $20 seems bullshit to me. Unless you want to experience that "instant transaction" that bitcoin was supposed to offer, I don't see any reason why someone would put a fee this high. A dollar for a transaction fee wouldn't hurt as much as Paypal's transaction fee.

[3] They already do. Others already accept ETH and other major coins like LTC and Doge.

[4] I agree. Bitcoin used the line "fast and cheap transaction" so much but you can't use that anymore. All the other features are still there, look at the bright side! Wink

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

LuffyDMonkey

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:31:30 PM

Not really sure if the altcoins can surpass the bitcoin. Bitcoin is so powerful that even you combine of all the altcoins it can't be surpass the worth of the bitcoin. But we don't know maybe in the future altcoins can surpass the bitcoins.
coolsai

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

Most alts are junk but some are really innovative, these ones will have a future that can well surpass bitcoin. But I think for the most part at least currently bitcoin doesn't directly compete with alts because people buy bitcoin in order to buy an alt so when an alt is popular it creates demand for bitcoin as well in order for people to purchase or trade in that popular alt.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:01:29 PM

Well,
I personally believe Bitcoin journey hasn't been started yet! These things are just the introduction of it to the world.

Once it gets started, the only issue could be the transaction confirmation time, I would say.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:34:05 PM

For me , if there's a chances the alts against bitcoin, it is only a little amount of percentage. Altcoins has a huge difference on bitcoin because bitcoin is the most popular in the world.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Laska_Forum

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:01:31 PM

Of course Altcoins do have chance to against Bitcoin because Bitcoin is just the first e-currency so that its price is getting higher now. Bitcoin is also has  limitation, other future Altcoins should fix those limitaion.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:03:49 PM

Of course Altcoins do have chance to against Bitcoin because Bitcoin is just the first e-currency so that its price is getting higher now. Bitcoin is also has  limitation, other future Altcoins should fix those limitaion.

I think then you dont know much about bitcoin and other altcoin technology, Bitcoin is not controlled by any one so no one can manipulate it but altcoins are controlled by the developer and he can do anything any time. but right now due to high transaction fees and delay in confirmation some good altcoin are having chances to compete with bitcoin.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:26:24 PM

Doubt it will too much. Altcoins are unstable. Unless it has real merit / another purpose besides bitcoin (see Etherium) and is stable then I imagine most will stick with BTC.
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:30:59 PM

[1]Yes, especially due to the increasing uselessness of Bitcoin. Currently, I have to pay $2 fee to make a simple transaction of < 300 bytes.

Sites are currently adapting to pay their users in Bitcoin. [2]Some sites once offered withdrawal at $1, then increased to $5, and now it is over $20.

Soon, [3]people may start requesting payment in another coin, or just use Payza, Paypal, etc.

[4]It seems like Bitcoin is turning into something contrary to its intended purpose. I feel scammed, and I am not even investor just a user.
[2] Which sites, though? $20 seems bullshit to me. Unless you want to experience that "instant transaction" that bitcoin was supposed to offer, I don't see any reason why someone would put a fee this high. A dollar for a transaction fee wouldn't hurt as much as Paypal's transaction fee.
I am talking about sites that pay its workers, users in Bitcoin... And that value is minimum withdrawal amount in Bitcoin, not transaction fees. Transaction fees is usually paid by your or them, that is why the increase in minimum withdrawal amount in Bitcoin.

Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:33:32 PM

I think then you dont know much about bitcoin and other altcoin technology, Bitcoin is not controlled by any one so no one can manipulate it but altcoins are controlled by the developer and he can do anything any time. but right now due to high transaction fees and delay in confirmation some good altcoin are having chances to compete with bitcoin.
I think his idea is right, he tried to saythat but with his words, it seems difficult to understand. Bitcoin fee is one of Bitcoin's problem
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:08:51 PM

Doubt it will too much. Altcoins are unstable. Unless it has real merit / another purpose besides bitcoin (see Etherium) and is stable then I imagine most will stick with BTC.

Actually people will prefer Bitcoin all the time, Bitcoin is accepted by people whoever is indulged with Cryptocurrency, whereas the about Alts, it varies from people to people. It will only have a chance if the alt is considered and accepted similarly as Bitcoin.
Many altcoins have chances, but still I think it will be competition for Bitcoin.
kubricktrader

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:12:54 PM

Trust me on this XtraBytes will be the coin that all future coins will be built upon, 100% secure compared to all this hackable POW...POS garbage.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:38:54 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 04:09:25 PM by South Park

Yes, especially due to the increasing uselessness of Bitcoin. Currently, I have to pay $2 fee to make a simple transaction of < 300 bytes.

Sites are currently adapting to pay their users in Bitcoin. Some sites once offered withdrawal at $1, then increased to $5, and now it is over $20.

Soon, people may start requesting payment in another coin, or just use Payza, Paypal, etc.

It seems like Bitcoin is turning into something contrary to its intended purpose. I feel scammed, and I am not even investor just a user.
While the fees are high I think one of the main reasons bitcoin is not moving much is because of Gresham's law, it is a law that basically says that if two different kinds of money exists the bad money is going to change hands and people are going to keep the good money, since bitcoin keeps reevaluation all the time then bitcoin does not move much because it is good money  unlike fiat and other stuff that you cannot wait to get rid of.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: