Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51002 times)
Arindava

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:38:04 PM

There may be resistance because all the world's economists assume bitcoin is increasing, it is not impossible there will emerge competitors from bitcoin.
wilson_bitbybit

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:18:15 PM

As some experts have said, the chances of this are minimal. Maybe some altcoin is going to work as a complementary cryptocurrency, but something really better than what we have with Bitcoin has not yet been created, or it's not something that we know.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:23:07 PM

I still think that altoins are just for trading. So they are an object of pure speculation, and once speculation is over they will have a big problem.
I do not think that the internet needs more than one payment system for cryptocurrencies.
And that is covered with bitcoin.
Maybe alts have better codes, maybe they are more anonynmous or even will reach a higher market capitalization.
Their problem always will be, that they came too late.

It's me!!!
YOYOY

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:35:24 PM

There will be no other cryptocurrency that's better than bitcoin, as its meaning suggest it is the first decentralized digital currency and those Altcoins are no match for it. Altcoins is just an abbreviation of alternative coins meaning it's just some choice we need to choose if bitcoin has problems, but even bitcoin has some problems but later a days or two it will be fixed and the price is always promising even in its ups and downs day by day.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:45:38 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Yes I do. Altcoins are being supported by manh investors and it has its own blockchain and miners thus it can compete with bitcoin. However, this will happen for long years since blockchain is in demand now specially for the countries that supports bitcoin.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:52:51 PM

Well, guys. It depends... If we talk coin price, probably btc will always be the fattest guy. If we (as investors or traders) talk about potential profit, altcoins are better from this perspective&
I am pretty sure that there might be a coin that will have a larger price than Bitcoin though that coin will not have as much popularity as Bitcoin since Bitcoin been around for a very long time.

The technology within Altcoins will help Bitcoin get more secure when sending and receiving payments online.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:58:21 PM

Bitcoin is synonymous to cryptocurrency. I think it is hard to replace the old founder of everything there is in crypto. Everyone else in the world of crypto is following the footsteps of Satoshi Nakamoto.

There are problems, though. I hope with the fast rise of other alts, bitcoin will do something about high transactions fees and other problems. But alts are rising as much as bitcoin does. Which means the rise of ETH for example is not happening at the expense of bitcoin.

I am actually bent on holding some Etheriums and Litecoins, though. They seem consistent.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:59:03 PM

There may be resistance because all the world's economists assume bitcoin is increasing, it is not impossible there will emerge competitors from bitcoin.

Indeed essentially the technology will not be forever, because it is above all the technology is artificial people that cause definitely in future there will certainly be changes something. And if indeed we could not strive and innovate for coming late in life then everything would be okay only, or profit obtained will be increasingly reduced. We did have to prepare and keep fighting the best find a way with modern technology

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 02:10:32 PM

Well, guys. It depends... If we talk coin price, probably btc will always be the fattest guy. If we (as investors or traders) talk about potential profit, altcoins are better from this perspective&
I dont see that alt coin have chance to replace bitcoin from being the number one coin and from being the most cryptocurrency that has the biggest value yet the the most popular among all other coins. I think they will never be able to be replaced it and its impossible.

Armstand

Activity: 626

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:33:07 PM

I dont see that alt coin have chance to replace bitcoin from being the number one coin and from being the most cryptocurrency that has the biggest value yet the the most popular among all other coins. I think they will never be able to be replaced it and its impossible.
It will be too hard for some alts to push in replacing btc being best of all alts ,ETH may be in hyped yet it can't handle the congestion of ETH transactions same with btc delays, In time maybe,soon enough things might be fix and we barely hard to think which of which is best.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:48:30 PM

looking beyond its a matter of time and unique offer that an alt needs to bring inside crypto society before it can break btc popularity as we knew that bitcoin really have its own identity unlike alts which always been behind bitcoin and never been mention or value without comparing it with btc.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:40:08 PM

It will be too hard for some alts to push in replacing btc being best of all alts ,ETH may be in hyped yet it can't handle the congestion of ETH transactions same with btc delays, In time maybe,soon enough things might be fix and we barely hard to think which of which is best.

Dont think that any coin will have this opportunity. ETH is close but nothing will bring down bitcoin not yet at least.
But thins can be changed if you buy bitcoin you are taking it as it is, but if you want to make proffit you will go in alts for income.

So both bitcoin in alts have to work together in this.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:45:10 PM

Ethereum isn't all that. Ethereum still relies on Bitcoin in order for it to survive, without Bitcoin the whole Ethereum project would not exist and the main developer of that coin knows that already.
There will be another project that features something just as large as the contracts with Ethereum.

TetraFugolini

Activity: 78

Linux Geek

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:48:58 PM

Bitcoin is synonymous to cryptocurrency. I think it is hard to replace the old founder of everything there is in crypto. Everyone else in the world of crypto is following the footsteps of Satoshi Nakamoto.

There are problems, though. I hope with the fast rise of other alts, bitcoin will do something about high transactions fees and other problems. But alts are rising as much as bitcoin does. Which means the rise of ETH for example is not happening at the expense of bitcoin.

I am actually bent on holding some Etheriums and Litecoins, though. They seem consistent.

Yeah fees are so high these days :/ litecoin could have a future, if bitcoin is gold then litecoin is silver Grin

On topic though, look at facebook it killed of myspace, but i don't think something like this will happen with bitcoin though.
savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:59:43 PM

In my opinion many altcoins have got good chances against bitcoin. If you notice that you can understand. Bitcoin's price is increasing every day . Side by side some altcoin's like ether, monero, blackcoin etc price is also increasing . Its because of high transaction fees of bitcoins nowadays. If you see ether's price just increased 200% within last 2 months . I am sure one day ether's price will also increase as high as bitcoin's price.
rido

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:38:45 AM

I do not know much about it but I heard Altcoin probably did not achieve the popularity of bitcoin that would be the same. Without Crypto / Blockchain blog news, I rarely see all the articles published in altcoins. So your question has been answered by me.
Fourgh

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:27:30 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

For now, No. Altcoins cant overtake Bitcoin just yet unless they encourage a lot of people to shift to their services. Many altcoins are being produced and are still being produced, making it very hard to succeed in a very saturated market for cryptocurrency in the internet.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:50:54 AM

Bitcoin is too Big to fail
rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:57:16 AM

bitcoin is the founder of all coins the altcoin have possibilities to go uprise in pump their value but can't imagine for now altcoin have chances against bitcoins, bitcoin now for reality are keep incresing the value everyday goes up the price of bitcoin.

lilit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:00:53 AM

Perhaps in the very distant future altcoin will be able to beat bitcoin, but now bitcoin is the strongest crypto currency and is in the first place and in the near future is not going to become in second place.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: