Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51005 times)
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

I think every cryptocurrency is competing to stand on top just that bitcoin is better Although with the bitcoin problems that occur there are still a lot of loyal but unused users left a bitcoin because of transaction fees
What the hell Grin? Do you know the definition about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and altcoin??? Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and other cryptocurrency different Bitcoin we call are altcoins. I recommend you should learning and improve your knowledge again!
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:41:56 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
I think alt not have a chance against bitcoins,  as you have been talk about big businesses moving their fund to alts because they want to make big profit with small amount of money and then after they got their target fund will be converted again to bitcoin no matter how high it's price
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:54:56 PM

I think every cryptocurrency is competing to stand on top just that bitcoin is better Although with the bitcoin problems that occur there are still a lot of loyal but unused users left a bitcoin because of transaction fees
What the hell Grin? Do you know the definition about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and altcoin??? Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and other cryptocurrency different Bitcoin we call are altcoins. I recommend you should learning and improve your knowledge again!
bitcoin is part of crypto currency and its the first who made a name around the industry and every alts are based with bitcoin value, there's some which trying
to compete and trying to surpass what bitcoin already made but still supports are there and bitcoin still standing at first.
Moddak2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:57:11 PM

I think no one from alts no grow to bitcoin price,excluding some altcoins,like coins which worth more then 1 btc,like pty and other.
wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:04:48 PM

I do not think that they have a chance to beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is the very first crypto currency and it is stronger and more popular than others, in order to win it you need something ingenious.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:59:39 AM

I do not think that they have a chance to beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is the very first crypto currency and it is stronger and more popular than others, in order to win it you need something ingenious.

This is just the fact. Bitcoin is bitcoin, no one can beat him. Some will come close but other will not. This is something that need to be looked very good. Reason is simple no single alt coin will come close to see price of bitcoin in any time, this is why bitcoin will be good and all other will try to somehow get what bitcoin is having, but will they or better can they.

Certainly they will not for me only one coin can be close but only close and that is ETH, but only in market value nothing else.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

TheRakula

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:38:09 PM

In my opinion, I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion.
Rojectime

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:26:09 AM

Its actually challenging to forecast what will come about in the foreseeable future...but if there is one particular thing i can forecast would be that bitcoin is undoubtedly listed here to continue to be. its worth is basically based on scarcity and its title and brand. Nothing new in bitcoin infact it's high transaction payment and time for affirmation helps make it suck. but my prediction is that none will overtake it, but a lot of will come close for illustration ethereum, wave, sprint and maybe some new innovation in the long term. but i would not place all my eggs on bitcoin by itself. its as well dangerous for me.
exapted

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:17:45 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 03:29:24 AM by exapted

The world is not going to easily let a group of a few hundred thousand people control trillions of dollars worth of assets without a fight.

I don't know whether another crypto currency will beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin could adopt new features as they are discovered and maintain overall dominance. However, it looks like altcoins have already beaten Bitcoin in applications, such as asset digitization and exchange, liquidity, identity, marketplaces, etc. I think Bitcoin can fight back and adopt zero knowledge proofs and some other features, but not for everything. Network effects are for specific use cases. Having a critical mass of currency features does not always buy you a critical mass of identity verification or decentralized exchange, for example.

There will always be an incentive to create new currencies and incentives to use them. In a world dominated by a single currency, the incentive to create and use new currencies is extremely strong. Therefore, I think there will be many different currencies in the future, and there won't necessarily be one dominant one.

I think many Bitcoin maximalists are used to living in an oligopoly where regulations kill off competition. I think the world of crypto currencies will be different. Practically anyone will be able to issue a new currency. It's sort of ironic when an anarchist is a Bitcoin maximalist and has faith that Bitcoin will dominate because "maths" or whatever. In a free world, the incentive is for practically everyone to issue a new currency for practically anything, to the point that the high quantity of currencies is somewhat suboptimal for everyone collectively. The assumption in economics heretofore is that of a single currency.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:24:54 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Ofcourse it always has a chance. All cyptocurrency are dependent in the market demand including alts and bitcoin. If there'll be an altcoin which will be more indemand than Bitcoin, it will definitely have a higher market value than Bitcoin. Everything is possible. But as of this moment, Bitcoin is still the no.1 cryptocurrency and maybe it is because of its large community that highly affects its market value.

Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:29:21 AM

Based on what I have learned,  ethereum is the only altcoin I am sure that has a chance against bitcoin. If ICOs continue as is,  it will not be long until eth will rise maybe even with btc in the long run.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Soutogu

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:34:38 AM

The crypto market is still very new! I think anything could happen in the next few years before we etabilish some coins as "mainstream"... Including some coins not even invented yet could take the spotlight, who knows...
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:37:04 AM

Bitcoin have become more of a store of value nowadays than a payment option or currency because of high transaction fees so the possibility of some to shift to altcoins is highly likely. Altcoins have different purposes anyway so the possibility of them rising in their own field is high but its hard to say if it can harm bitcoin's dignity because though bitcoin's transaction fee is high, it still continues to grab the attention of people because of its high price and the volatility of it has attracted traders because of many trading opportunities.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:30:43 AM

Age and proven stability is huge in crypto at its young age. So I don't think anything reaches BTC for yeaaaars. But I do think some of them will eventually. But right now, if BTC so much as drops all the altcoins do too. For now they follow the leader. The entire crypto space needs more time.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

Bitcoin have become more of a store of value nowadays than a payment option or currency because of high transaction fees so the possibility of some to shift to altcoins is highly likely. Altcoins have different purposes anyway so the possibility of them rising in their own field is high but its hard to say if it can harm bitcoin's dignity because though bitcoin's transaction fee is high, it still continues to grab the attention of people because of its high price and the volatility of it has attracted traders because of many trading opportunities.

Amen. There are plenty of high cap alts, with much lower prices, that actually have functionality beyond bitcoin, in my opinion. We will not keep this top spot simply because bitcoin was first. That trust will only be extended while people are unfamiliar with blockchains/,cryptos. As soon as folks get used to the technology, we may have some trouble.

It's the price. Fees are related to the price, I don't bitcoin was intended to be this valuable, at least this soon. Either we need to do something programmatically to lower the fees, or this price level is unsustainable Wink
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:13:00 PM

I think altcoins doesnt really stand a chance against bitcoin because bitcoin has been already known worldwide and its getting more popular from day to day basis.Bitcoin has already reached far enough to be reached by some other coins.

andaresta

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:16:20 PM

I will not fight bitcoin because the bitcoin gives me income. how can i fight bitcoin?
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:26:19 PM

I don't see the purpose of altcoins being to overtake or "beat" Bitcoin. Bitcoin is king and there really isn't much competition in that regard.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:09:30 PM

In my opinion, I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion.
No I think there is no chance for any alts to take over the place of bitcoin. I also agree with this that bitcoin will remain on top of all the crypto digital currency all the time, because the value of bitcoin is growing more and more with the passage of time. Any other crypto currency has no chance to be number one ever, while there exist bitcoin in the market. People may never accept any other currency to be in use at first place.
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:15:35 PM

Many altcoins do not compete against Bitcoin.

Bitcoin's current application is store of value.

Ethereum's application is smart contracts or token sales.

NEM is trying to be a currency, not store of value.

Etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: