Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51002 times)
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 05:10:19 PM

Of course, all chances are there and open, nothing perfect, the coins that now look good will be refined with another coin. but it seems like it takes a long time to replace bitcoin because bitcoin market cap is currently the largest.

None of the existing altcoins will have any significant impact on Bitcoin!
This is whisful thinking. None of those will replace Bitcoin.
The big money is moving into Bitcoin right now. With big money I mean the Wall Street and the institutional money.
Bitcoin will continue rising like crazy. Most alts will act like penny stocks imo. They are mostly used to make more Bitcoin with it.
They will rise in terms of USD. But most of them will continue to lose against BTC, with some up and down swings of course due to natural market behaviour.
Perhaps because some of cryptocurrency had great potential to be next in bitcoin. Therefore some altcoin like maybe become second best to bitcoin. And for now,bitcoin will remain the digital gold that backs up the entire crypto-economy. And when the world sees Bitcoin doing well, other cryptocurrencies usually benefits, too.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:10:36 PM

On increasing Bitcoin price regularly, altcoins are attracting. Because of low transaction fees and good future growth.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:16:04 PM

I think bitcoin will always stay bitcoin and hard currency (german saying)
On the other hand side there will be stable altcoins and they will as you see now be used by e.g. bic companies for transactions due to smaller fees. But some people will always trust in btc and keep the system going (and booming:)).

lots specualtions Wink

Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 05:27:37 PM

There are no any chance to any altcoin to beat or near or at par to bitcoin in near future, very very huge difference exist in the price of altcoin and bitcoin. Many investors and institutions support and invest in bitcoin with confidence and hold it for a long time too. All though some altcoin as ethereum done very well but its need to be a long journey in future reach to near bitcoin.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Alexnelepa92

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:40:04 PM

No matter what we talked about altonah in the first place, still interested in their profitability. Moreover, Bitcoin is not going to leave their leadership positions. Looking at its growing capitalization and the exchange rate, many no doubt wonder whether it is worth to change your priorities? On the other hand, there are a number of alternative cryptographic money, which comes on the heels of the cue ball,the same Air, for example, and are potential competitors.
So, before you make a decision about the investments, take the time to analyze the market situation, to explore the features of the online money that you are interested, the more that information online very much.But you need to remember what search you need the information, not the finished recipes. All the decisions you have to make yourself based on your own analysis and conclusions.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:22:18 AM

no i feel bitcoin will always remain the best coin and will always be on the top there is no way any altcoin will be able to defeat bitcoin under any circumstances even if it falls some way or another it will easily regain
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:56:04 AM

Of course, all chances are there and open, nothing perfect, the coins that now look good will be refined with another coin. but it seems like it takes a long time to replace bitcoin because bitcoin market cap is currently the largest.

The big money is moving into Bitcoin right now. With big money I mean the Wall Street and the institutional money.
Bitcoin will continue rising like crazy. Most alts will act like penny stocks imo. They are mostly used to make more Bitcoin with it.
They will rise in terms of USD. But most of them will continue to lose against BTC, with some up and down swings of course due to natural market behaviour.

I WANT TO BELIEVE! And I am still a believer in BTC - however:
Last Sundays BCH Attack far exceeded anything I could have imagined.

What if the next pump is even stronger? And the one after that?

One day => BCH Flippening?

Dont get me wrong I am in NO WAY trying to promote Bitcoin Trash here. I HATE  that centralized pseudocryptocurrency bullshit.

I am also one of the believers of bitcoin and  i am also worried about the recent happening Iike somebody is trying to manipulate the pump of certain coin,  i am trying to keep calm and think it in a positive way that btc will certainly recover, and btc is back now.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:10:27 AM

Ethereum have a high chance to replace bitcoin on its throne on the long run in my opinion and own ways of viewing and speculating. But for now Bitcoin is stable on its high price and I don't think that altcoins will have a chance against bitcoin in this year or two. Maybe five to ten years from now lets see what will happen.  Smiley
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:12:39 AM

Ethereum have a high chance to replace bitcoin on its throne on the long run in my opinion and own ways of viewing and speculating. But for now Bitcoin is stable on its high price and I don't think that altcoins will have a chance against bitcoin in this year or two. Maybe five to ten years from now lets see what will happen.  Smiley

I would say right now ethereum is one of only a few that have the potential to replace bitcoin as no 1. In the battle of bitcoins vs all altcoins in terms of market share then it is sadly for bitcoin a losing battle, eventually the might of all the other coins will overtake bitcoin and its share will be less than 50%

Kingofthe80ss

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:53:18 AM

Dont get me wrong I am in NO WAY trying to promote Bitcoin Trash here. I HATE  that centralized pseudocryptocurrency bullshit.

I am also one of the believers of bitcoin and  i am also worried about the recent happening Iike somebody is trying to manipulate the pump of certain coin,  i am trying to keep calm and think it in a positive way that btc will certainly recover, and btc is back now.

I just realized how the reign of BTC is even manifested in our language.
The fact that we have "Bitcoin" and "Altcoin" - implying they are just an alternative of the original (which is true) - the fact also (others mentioned it here before) that BTC is used on bittrex and others as store of value like EUR or USD. It all looks like a "Kneel before the King" situation.

However, one of his subjects has been especially naughty these days. and should be punished by death in my opinion.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:56:54 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
for now it is impossible to alternative coins, they no chance to bitcoin because it is bitcoin time the bitcoin is number one in the digital currencies but maybe someday but not now im sure in that. if the bitcoin is really destroyed maybe the alternative coins have chances to beat the bitcoin. and if the bitcoin was manipulated by the other alternative coins
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:58:47 AM

I don't see any chance of ETH replacing Bitcoin in the near future. Ethereum doesn't have the capability for doing so. If Bitcoin gets replaced by some other coin in the future, then one of the Bitcoin clones (BTG, Bitcoin Silver, Bitcoin Cash.etc) will be responsible for it, and not the alts such as Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin.
JacksonMonroe

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:03:21 AM

The fact that we have "Bitcoin" and "Altcoin" - implying they are just an alternative of the original (which is true) - the fact also (others mentioned it here before) that BTC is used on bittrex and others as store of value like EUR or USD. It all looks like a "Kneel before the King" situation.

However, one of his subjects has been especially naughty these days. and should be punished by death in my opinion.
Uhm okay but i think that alt do not have chance at all against bitcoins because they are using the same technology as bitcoin but i do know that you can even make more profit with altcoins then with bitcoin it does depend on how much you have of one.
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:07:37 AM

I think that bitcoin will prevail, ETH is too immature in my opinion (there will be more bugs like the DAO or the latest Parity multisig wallet bug) and bitcoin cash is just a scam (they have been spamming BTC network for the last few days). All the others are not in any shape to stand up against bitcoin.

The majority of ICOs are scam too, very similar to multiple altcoins that were created back in 2014.

Having said the above, I think that in 2017 there are altcoins that are much more mature and serious contestants than it was the case back in 2014, so if you ask the same question in 2020 maybe my answer will be different too
Dastramus18

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:17:23 AM

Uhm okay but i think that alt do not have chance at all against bitcoins because they are using the same technology as bitcoin but i do know that you can even make more profit with altcoins then with bitcoin it does depend on how much you have of one.
I agree with you i have a friend who has 0 bitcoin but has like a lot of other altcoins and a lot of them and he earns a total of 3k a month from them and if he sells it all right now he can sell it for 2 million and go on holiday what he always wanted.
lichao1395427

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:19:55 AM

Although all possibilities can happen to bitcoin, but I'm not sure there will be altcoin that can replace the function and role of bitcoin as a source of digital currency trading.
And so far the contribution of bitcoin is so great for advancement of cryptocurrency that it attains popularity and also high confidence from all walks of life in different countries.
rxone

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:26:28 AM

Bitcoin has a lifetime of more than 10 years still. So I dont think altcoins have any chance till then. Any altcoin it may be, Eth or LTC may pass Bitcoin in the future but its far from now for sure.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:33:16 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Its more good if you have a lot of altcoins because if the value of bitcoin is high you will get a huge of money if you have a lot of altcoins more altcoins more btc that you'll get so its okay even the altcoins dont have a chance in bitcoin.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:03:19 PM

You guys have a point and all, but in my own opinion, its more like Bitcoin is just being used as their material. What I mean about this is that Bitcoin is just being used as their way of getting more profits. And by this Bitcoin also gain benefits from this as well.

You see Altcoins are exactly just like Bitcoin, it only seem that Bitcoin is at the number one spot at the moment. And in order for the Altcoins to compete, they've come up with the ICOs, these projects are made and have been forked in a specific Altcoin, for instance Ethereum. And by this way that specific Altcoin grew in value as it was being continued to be utilized by many ICOs.
eddyhalim

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

i can realize now there are many altcoins has been born to be a good opponents that has potential to defeat bitcoin in the future, we all know bitcoin is still one of the most popular coin on the crypto currency market due to its price attract many investors into it, but surely in the future, altcoins will have the great chance to defeat bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: