Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 50998 times)
uniquefighter

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:46:14 PM

I learned about this discussion board but I wasn't certan how to join a campaign and begin generating btc from this and then my pal guided me about this and i'll be usually grateful to him.i
Litecoin is a fine coin, probably the next big thing compared to Bitcoin, but you fail to realize that it is rejuvenated only because imminent SegWit activation.
What will happen in a month when traders will get bored with LTC because they will find a point LTC can't be pumped anymore?
Another thing, when SegWit will be proven and tested I believe that Bitcoin will follow with scaling upgrade somehow and that will destroy all altcoin opposition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitBenefit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:05:31 PM

I am optimistic about alts even before this situation arise. Not just companies, I have seen many people have now started investing in promising altcoins which has comparative lower fees as of now. That is the reason why new currencies like Byteball or zcash has risen up quickly.

Bitcoin will be replaced by any altcoin one day. Probably after 2023 when the mining will be finished. A new coin will have to take its place otherwise what will happen to the mining equipment people have bought. They will have to make a good use of it. So they will start mining altcoins and market dynamics will change automatically.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:07:25 PM

I think it's natural, because bitcoin mining is now very difficult to get results, maybe because bitcoin prices are very high right now, so many people divert their mines into altcoin, I think altcoin is more profitable to mine than bitcoin.
BitBenefit

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:59:40 PM

I believe that bitcoin will be much more famous in 5 years and the price will also be really high.
Baggong

Activity: 247

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:54:03 PM

Of course, all altcoins have the opportunity to defeat bitcoin, for example the ethereum that hundreds of tokens can use, if it adds up, the marketcap of all tokens using ethereum has beaten the bitcoin.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:34:45 PM

I think it's natural, because bitcoin mining is now very difficult to get results, maybe because bitcoin prices are very high right now, so many people divert their mines into altcoin, I think altcoin is more profitable to mine than bitcoin.
Maybe you're right, but don't forget that bitcoin price is always increase more than any other altcoin, so you can see the volatility of the price is too big compared to other alternative cryptocurrencies. Currently, I didn't see any chance for altcoin against bitcoin, because there is a big difference in many things like potential and price.

bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:00:41 PM

I think in the long haul, there will sure be alternative cryptocurrencies that will overcome bitcoin, but they then might not be called "alternative" anymore, they will be just a cryptocurrencies as well. I think bitcoin is a great thing and has the first mover advantage plus proven tech, but it has huge problems as well (scalability, transaction cost, speed). This are things that can be solved by newer emerging cryptos and this likely will be the case sooner or later. Im very curious how this market looks in 10-15 years.
minldem

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

i don't believe that any other altcoins can challange bitcoin ever but some of them have a good chance and advantage of being as alternative for another investment opinion.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:37:26 PM

i don't believe that any other altcoins can challange bitcoin ever but some of them have a good chance and advantage of being as alternative for another investment opinion.
actually I can imagine as people are paying for goods with ethereum. Its a second strongest cryptocurrency with enough low volatility.
Renampun

Activity: 2296
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 07:55:35 PM

for the moment I have not seen any potential Altcoin can rival and even beat the price of Bitcoin,
Bitcoin prices have left all Altcoin prices ...

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:20:44 PM

There is such an unnecessary amount of repetitive and ordinary altcoins that speaking in general terms, it would be difficult for most of them to have a great relevance in the world of cryptos in the long term, however the irruption of altcoins such as ethereum have shown that there may be exceptional cases of alternative currencies that may have some good chances of complementing bitcoin, as we all know that as a currency bitcoin is no longer functional, and therefore will always need alternatives for daily use.
rinny

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

Bitcoin has been here with us for ages with its admirable security who deflects all the attacks it has received throughout the years and the actual things that people have brought with this stands as a proof that Bitcoin is not a scamcoin or anything.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:42:41 PM

There is a huge numbers of users using and heavily trading bitcoins daily, Ethereum is a good choice as an altcoin but I don't see it taking over the place of bitcoin at the moment unless there is a huge switch of bitcoin users going into Ethereum suddenly.
Barcode, you're correct due to what happened acouple of weeks when miners switch from bitcoin to bitcoin cash but I don't see any form of switch from bitcoin to any altcoin happening at this moment because bitcoin is off the chain now by going to the mainstream of payment and digital money.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:07:11 AM

High fees is one of the biggest downside of bitcoin for a long time. Even I have a hard time to decide whether to make a transaction or not. However, bitcoin has maintained its value for many years. Just like what you've said, it has stability in its growth which entices more people to invest to it. As long as the value of bitcoin is as high as it is now, or even grow for the coming years, I don't see altcoins replacing bitcoin on top of the list of best cryptocurrencies.
SilverChromia

Activity: 357

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:17:05 AM

We cannot control the market about that and we cannot predict what will happen in the future. And how things are going well.
Because market value is not one sided and thats how it works sometimes other coins comes in the top but later it will go down and up again.
But it depends also on those people who still keep supporting and believing and buying this cryptocurrencies

We can say that bitcoin is the most powerful cryptocurrency at this moment and other cryptocurrencies has a low chances to beat bitcoin.
Maybe other saying thats because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that made in this world and also bitcoin has done a lot of accomplishment and success to make other peoples have a good future

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:45:00 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

There are some great alts like ETH and Steem I think will do really wel.

ETH has a cool new kitty game out I see people talking about. Steemit is a great decentralized blogging space where you can make money and earn Steem tokens.

For sure invest some in both of those long term, as they are still quite low on price for what they should be worth years from now.
gabbiee

Activity: 167
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:50:23 AM

High fees is one of the biggest downside of bitcoin for a long time. Even I have a hard time to decide whether to make a transaction or not. However, bitcoin has maintained its value for many years. Just like what you've said, it has stability in its growth which entices more people to invest to it. As long as the value of bitcoin is as high as it is now, or even grow for the coming years, I don't see altcoins replacing bitcoin on top of the list of best cryptocurrencies.
I agree, for the past couple of years bitcoin showed the people what it is capable of and how strong it is as a cryptocurrency . It already has the trust of a lot of people all over the world. That is what makes bitcoin better than altcoins because it is the foundation of all cryptos, it will be hard to replace bitcoin on top.

randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:49:51 AM

I don't see any chance that the other alts will take the place of bitcoin. Bitcoin firmly took his place. And every day it is becoming more popular. Although there are problems with transactions with bitcoin, but its value is the main thing. People are unlikely invest their money in something too risky, so many people avoid other alts.
tengku26

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:51:53 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
In my opinion , I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion Wink Cheesy
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:01:26 AM

I don't see any chance that the other alts will take the place of bitcoin. Bitcoin firmly took his place. And every day it is becoming more popular. Although there are problems with transactions with bitcoin, but its value is the main thing. People are unlikely invest their money in something too risky, so many people avoid other alts.

Thats true, bitcoin is well established and dominated the markets from its soaring price leading the cryptocurrency. Would you risk your money in alts wherein there is no assurance if you can earn or not? we all know the answer. Thats why bitcoin investors are increasing as well as the value because of the demand.

There are few promising alts that might succeed but only time can tell if they can surpass bitcoin in the future.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: