Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:10:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51003 times)
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:25:43 PM

There a lot of different and advantages of the bitcoin to Ethereum and Ripple and other altcoins. But I sure that all person doesn’t focus on single cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was very forward or having a faster change of the value more than others. I believe that no one can stopover and the speedier development of the bitcoin,
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:48:26 PM

Why do they have to against Bitcoin when they can live together? They have own value in the economy and they will develop together.

Though of course the purpose of a new coin is to be number # 1 instead of the second or the next, and if you look at opportunities of course for the short term it will be difficult for altcoin to beat bitcoin, it may take at least 3 years from now.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
androidr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

I don't think any Alt Coin has a much chance of replacing Bitcoin in near term
But there are few  Alt Coins that may do very, very well alongside of Bitcoin.  Alt coins which are created for specific purposes and usages,can do better than bitcoin, or have whole other uses beyond what bitcoin can offer have an advantage.
moonordoom

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

My own opinion is that altcoins will replace bitcoin on the user level. However I think they will never reach its ultimate value. Eventually, after may years bitcoin will end up being some sort of high value collectible, or store of value.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:04:18 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

Nothing is impossible, so definitely the chances of happening are slim but I believe that altcoins may at least catch-up to the price of bitcoin soon. The problem is, there exists a direct-proportional relationship between bitcoin and some altcoins that if bitcoin prices drop, altcoins' value will also follow. Interestingly, these past few days bitcoin's price decreased but some altcoins like ripple, nio, etc. showed a positive correlation with their prices in the market. Who really knows due to its nature being decentralized and volatile, we may see altcoins dominating the world of cryptocurrency.
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:05:31 PM

There's no way to predict the future with 100% certainty, some things are more likely to happen that others, but you shouldn't exclude any possibility.  Bitcoin is just the beggining of whole blockchain technology, so another coin could be able to overcome it.
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:07:21 PM

sure, not thing is not possible, who knows perhaps in the future bitcoin may be defeated by altcoins when it is too old and obsolete, so altcoins may take bitcoin first rank on the market in not a far future.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:31:55 PM

Until now i do not see any altcoin having an opportunity to resist or replace the bitcoin. but maybe for the next few years we never know. there may be altcoins capable of defeating bitcoin. only that it will take a very long time. Because to replace bitcoin is not easy. The altcoin who wants to replace bitcoin must have a good system good team and must have a many supporter or holders.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:39:09 PM

Bitcoin marketcap currently accounts for about 46% of all cryptocurrency, with this fact making me sure it is difficult for altcoin to replace bitcoin in the near future.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:41:01 PM

there are always will be a new alts everytime. but none will have chance against bitcoin, in fact, all will parallel with bitcoin. bitcoin is still the leader
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:00:37 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

It is really hard to speculate or predict what might going to happen because of the volatile nature of cryptocurrency but as we all know bitcoin exists for a long time to be the number 1 cryptocurrency. If alts will increase it is also possible but as long as people continue to hold and invest bitcoin it would still be the king of crypto. We will just see what might going to happen.
haster100

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:00:18 PM

Some alts are gaining momentum, but some of them are falling, we just do not know what will happen in the next market in crytocurrency, it's unpredictable, bitcoi markets are glorifying today, but we need to know about the increase in prices for altcoyins, since the air can potentially outperform bitcoin No one know
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:36:21 PM

Yes alt has a chance with the digital community but not with bitcoin per se since alts are bought thru bitcoin which will also make bitcoin to rise more. Unless alts would have their own entities, bitcoin will still be ahead of it.
CoPil

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:47:11 PM

I think there is... in the mere future. The performance and stability of alts have chances against BTC. Many campaigns use alts than BTC, plus alts are becoming more popular these days as well as in mining just like ETH. But not all alts are like that... some excels and some don't.
a-dalora

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:52:29 PM

I think if an altcoin is going to rival bitcoin it will need to do something unique, have a specific purpose and not just be a copycat of bitcoin. 

ETH as an example is doing just that, I do think at some point we will see a newcomer that will outshine bitcoin but when is the question.

Etherum's purpose is not to be something like a currency. Why do you think it is a potential rival to bitcoin ?
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:31:32 PM

I think there is... in the mere future. The performance and stability of alts have chances against BTC. Many campaigns use alts than BTC, plus alts are becoming more popular these days as well as in mining just like ETH. But not all alts are like that... some excels and some don't.
That's not true, all alts combine are not more popular than bitcoin, you can see that on the trading volume which is the only basis to determine how popular a certain coin is because everything needs to be traded, some bitcoin exceeds 50% dominance over the entire altcoins market and that figure of dominance shows how people are supporting bitcoin and how popular it is.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
inklingzade

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:32:19 PM

I don't think an alt will compete 1 on 1 with BTC ever, although there are some coins with great potential the most accepted is bitcoin, unless someone creates the perfect coin this will not happen
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:38:59 PM

for the moment I have not seen any potential Altcoin can rival and even beat the price of Bitcoin,
Bitcoin prices have left all Altcoin prices ...
It's not like that, Bitcoin just have more time and more global adoption, besides Bitcoin total supply are more lower than the other altcoins making it more rarer than the other not mentioning its security, why Am i comparing BTC? Because this is one of the main reasons why altcoins can't keep up. And like you have said for the moment.

There are so many problems arising like transaction time, congested networks and expensive fees, as expected from the oldest cryptocurrencies and if ever alts will have a unwavering security and text-like speed transaction then BTC might be dethrone in the few more years. We have seen Nokia as the king in the early stages of Phones and BTC if the ongoing lightning network fail might be surpassed by some other altcoins. Its not a matter of who are the oldest or who have the adoption, if the performance is good and much better and it is secured enough, people will slowly turn into alternatives.

Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:41:44 PM

for me, it is really hard to determine what is going to happen in the future. Bitcoin currently is way more advanced and higher that most alt coins combined. Its price continuously grows.Well,some alts also has been pumped with a high percentage. I dont see that any alt can beat bitcoin. But if I were you, I will hold bitcoin and any alts that is promising and that has potential to rise even more.In this way I can gain more depends on the growth of alts.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:35:18 AM

Although the violas and orient themselves in the tendencies of their growth to bitkoyn, however they live their own life. As a rule, they were issued as a result of the ICO and are designed to function in any particular area of ​​our activity. Therefore, as a rule, they do not intersect in their own interests with bitkoyn and depend little on it.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: