Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:49:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51005 times)
TheWinnerBro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:01:23 AM

The great advantage of bitcoin is being the first coin, it has opened its marked and made a room in it. It´s the coin that it´s being adopted and known by the people. Altcoins have to drive this road too, standing at the shadow of bitcoin. Some are doing well finding its own place like ripple or ethereum. I don´t think, today, an altcoin can replace bitcoin or take its place in the head of crypto but some coins can get a good place by its side.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:44:19 AM

yes I'm sure someday that there are coins that can replace bitcoin, this is because today many complaints from bitcoin users for example is the transaction fee, currently the cost of bitcoin transactions reaches about $ 30 while the other coins eg Ethererum no more than $ 0.4.
- That day is still quite far away for all of us, although bitcoin has a high fee but the potential and profit that bitcoin brings is so great, everyone complains but they still use bitcoin because bitcoin is the best choice. Until the present time, altcoin can not compare with Bitcoin, Bitcoin is too strong and can hardly be defeated, so I believe bitcoin will dominate for a long time, altcoin need to develop and perfect in the future if want against Bitcoin but the chances are pretty low when bitcoin is constantly evolving over time
I don’t think so that altcoins have high numbers bitcoin is still leading the list and will stay on top because people are fans of bitcoin and are impressed by its profit rates and sooner or later whole world will start using bitcoin and investing in alts is bit good for only small time but bitcoin is long term game and it is for those who want to score big and I think now everyone wants to score big so no chance for alts to come above,
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 09:00:49 AM

I think even though Altcoin has pretty good progress in the Crypto market, but to go beyond bitcoin, maybe this will be difficult because bitcoin is precursor to advancement of Cryptocurrency, the influence and role of bitcoin is certainly enormous in the development of Cryptocurrency so as to attain so high popularity today
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:20:56 AM

Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.

When we talk about competition, this pertains on which propaganda is stronger, and which services promises a higher convenience to its users. We can also consider the history of the competitor, to view which alt coin will show the strongest dominance. As for now, almost all arising altcoin is still depending on bitcoin value. Only time will tell if there would be any alt coin that will beat the dominance of bitcoin in digital currency wold.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:12:36 AM

My own opinion is that altcoins will replace bitcoin on the user level. However I think they will never reach its ultimate value. Eventually, after may years bitcoin will end up being some sort of high value collectible, or store of value.

Many altcoin in the market. But their is no chances against bitcoin as the value and price of bitcoin is stable no coin can win from bitcoin. In features it is also different from other crypto currency. In properties it is also different. In people more people use bitcoin. In trust many people trust bitcoin and investment in bitcoin. So in many bitcoin is better. No chances for other altcoin.
haster100

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:56:26 PM

The current Altcoins have a long way to go if they can withstand the formidable bitcoin, but perhaps the new Altos can emerge with fascinating potentials that can challenge bitcoin, but until then I doubt that the current can.
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:32:28 PM

I am almost certain that the only two scenarios I can think of in which Bitcoin would be surpassed by altcoins is if either if there is a sudden massive drop in price for BTC below the prices of the alts or if the code is terminated and it disappears completely, otherwise I do not see any other possibilities. But as others have said, it is hard to predict the future.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
danpaz

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:16:07 PM

We need to take it as a good competition, a good chance to grow more and improve, especially the transaction speed of bitcoin and the payment to transact that untill now now not stable
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:48:02 PM

Bitcoin and alts have a great future. Both  have their own capabilities and will help us to earn more. Do we need to make a choice between them when both of them can do a good performance that will give us a good income.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:54:59 PM

I think this is hard to try predict what can happens here in crypto currency world every second but I don't like any fanaticism here because we have a good alt coins or tokens who have great future because they are  are cheaper, faster and more valuable then btc.

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
StrikerEureka

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:39:06 PM

Of course they do. Bitcoin was great for a while but now it has some serious problems that haven´t been solved yet and development is not coming forward while other cryptos in the same time already have faster transactions/second rate, more reliable anonymity, way lower fees, better technology, great extra features and more. I expect Bitcoin to be dethroned one day by a better cryptocurrency

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:16:36 AM

It's hard to determine what is going to happen in the future. Each of these cryptos has its advantages. Bitcoin is great for its popularity and history and I think have no competition among the alternate cryptocurrencies, because bitcoin just have more time and more global adoption.
haster100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:00:56 PM

Many people think that ETH is the biggest candidate, but I think it's hard to compare bitcoins, but bitcoin is the parent of digital money, and all the altcoyin is so indispensable
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:41:23 PM

Some altcoin have chances like ethereum. I've been watching its price from last year till now. And it grows so much. If it continues to grow i thinks it has a chance of beating bitcoin. But i don't know when will it happen.

MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:52:33 PM

many altcoins have chance against bitcoin in project and whitepaper , but bitcoin still the first crypto currency , and have a unique style in people mind
erickastella

Activity: 826
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

many altcoins have chance against bitcoin in project and whitepaper , but bitcoin still the first crypto currency , and have a unique style in people mind
most person will think like that , but i dont think some altcoins will against bitcoins , like ethereum or other altcoin too.
because i see , a lot people love bitcoin and keep support bitcoin as first digital currency and most secure payment in internet , but this reason not make altcoins not have chance to against bitcoin.
altcoins still have chance , but not this time , maybe in future then bitcoin will changed by altcoins like eth.
Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:18:30 PM

It is very hard to predict what is going to happen in next 10 year in the cryptocurrency world.
I think that LTC lately has grown up, showing it's potential thanks to the possible SegWit implementation.
But as can be observed, ETH has also a big chance to take a lot of the market ( and already has, after bitcoin ).
I also believe that Monero may have opportunity to build-up, thanks to the anonymousness of this altcoin.

After all, there is a possibility of totally new altcoin growing up, and taking big part of the market.
But all of that is just speculation about future, it is only my opinion.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:21:50 PM

It is hard to dictate bitcoin's future but as I can see, the predictions are slowly turning into reality. Altcoins are impressing the cryptoworld and a lot of them is rising up. Bitcoin, sadly, is being close to stable. But it is not yet the end of bitcoin because the month of January have just started. There may be more unexpected happenings soon.

cryptoindustries

Activity: 75

btc

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

yes because simply alts is the improved version of bitcoin but they have a long long way to go before they took over bitcoins market cap even ethereum its closest contender is having a hardtime catching to the king of crypto in such main reasons like bitcoin is the first one to be introduce to the market that when you say altcoins to the public you will have hardly encourage them unless they have some background in the blockchain and cryptocurrencies
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:19:52 PM

it is still uncertain what lies in the future. But until now, if we talk about price, bitcoin price is the highest among all other cryptos, and i dont know if the altcoin price will surpass bitcoin price or not.

But aside the price, if we talk about popularity and usage, altcoin also gain more popularity lately. Behind bitcoin i think ETH is. ETH usages is very high nowadays. i dont know if the ETH will surpass bitcoin or not, but the sure thing is, the altcoin popularity and usages still increase even right now.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: