Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:05:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51010 times)
glaciercapital

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:45:30 AM

I think if an altcoin is going to rival bitcoin it will need to do something unique, have a specific purpose and not just be a copycat of bitcoin.the machines that mine bitcoin are solely able to mine that one algorithm. Not a single one of the big alts can be mined with them.Bitcoin will ever accept some Altcoin.

It's kind of like saying one app store app will rules them all. The good coins all have different use cases. Of course not every coin will be a success, but the ones that have great teams with unique use cases will do very well

HV3S

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:54:16 AM

Altcoin should be a complement to BTC, not its replacement, to improve the cryptocurrency/blockchain solution.

Thinking that way is more one competition between altcoins to see who has the best solution to a given problem than against BTC.

In this scenario, NEO, EOS, Steem, and Cardano look like to have better chances than other cryptos.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:45:03 AM

Altcoin should be a complement to BTC, not its replacement, to improve the cryptocurrency/blockchain solution.

Thinking that way is more one competition between altcoins to see who has the best solution to a given problem than against BTC.

In this scenario, NEO, EOS, Steem, and Cardano look like to have better chances than other cryptos.

I would just trust your words and assume that those coins actually offer better solution than other coins. They aren't as hyped as ETH, XRP, or any other top coins. What it comes down to is that, in the competition of altcoin vs altcoin, it's still a matter of hype and not really on how well do they solve a certain problem. Someone who reads about other coins will surely know what's up. They will know that trading is nothing but a matter of hyping coins because if the prices of coins are indeed about how well the coin solves bitcoin problems then the rank of these coins should be fixed and maybe get some shuffling when a better coin comes in.

I think if an altcoin is going to rival bitcoin it will need to do something unique, have a specific purpose and not just be a copycat of bitcoin.the machines that mine bitcoin are solely able to mine that one algorithm. Not a single one of the big alts can be mined with them.Bitcoin will ever accept some Altcoin.

It's kind of like saying one app store app will rules them all. The good coins all have different use cases. Of course not every coin will be a success, but the ones that have great teams with unique use cases will do very well

Correct! People are using different apps for different purposes and you are going to download certain apps only if you do need them. There will be some coins that aren't not that known even though they are really useful and there will be coins that are known a lot even though they are not that useful. It depends on the team how are they going to market their coin and what will be the updates that they will have. Sometimes the timing of the launch of the coin matters as well.

CohY4ohvoh

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:18:12 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Bitcoin is good in some parts and bad in others.
altcoin can be better than bitcoin in somethings. as general bitcoin will win and alts have chances against Bitcoins
btcdepo

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:22:57 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Bitcoin is good in some parts and bad in others.
altcoin can be better than bitcoin in somethings. as general bitcoin will win and alts have chances against Bitcoins

Why do we try to compare bitcoin to alts. We should finally learn that is a big family and we don't have to make them fight against each other. So I don't see the situation like "alts have chance against bitcoin", I see the situation like "alts have their chance independently" . Of course we are talking about alts that might have potential.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:26:25 PM

I am positive an altcoin will replace bitcoin before 2020 as the top crypto currency. Existing large corporations are starting to create their own already. Some coins like Ethereum, Neo and others also partnering with large powerful corporations.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:05:22 PM

I am positive an altcoin will replace bitcoin before 2020 as the top crypto currency. Existing large corporations are starting to create their own already. Some coins like Ethereum, Neo and others also partnering with large powerful corporations.

I believe so because some rich people are not just contented to earn bitcoin but would also like to manipulate their own coin. I think that aside from altcoin, other coins will also emerge to try to overpower bitcoin.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:09:35 PM

Probably that and can beat bitcoin, but I do not think that it will long last as bitcoin the first and today the most expensive asset. Even if we assume that the viola will be higher than bitcoin, it will not last long and will burst, but bitcoin is able to be the first long.
magz

Activity: 268

World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:12:05 PM

Actually, there are a lot of potential alts that is better than Bitcoin. In everyday people are getting smarter. So it is not impossible that there will come a time that alts will be better than Bitcoin. But I still believe that Bitcoin is the king of all.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
UnusualLeech045

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:19:45 AM

I only see Ripple as the biggest threat to Bitcoin right now. Aside from that, not even the top 10 alt coins will be able to surpass Bitcoin in value and price.

Do you really believe on Ripple? A centralized currency being managed by banks, coins are premined, almost 60% of the coins being owned by the bank?
freakingcat

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:21:21 AM

It's surely possible, but you cannot know for sure.

Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:00:21 PM

Actually, there are a lot of potential alts that is better than Bitcoin. In everyday people are getting smarter. So it is not impossible that there will come a time that alts will be better than Bitcoin. But I still believe that Bitcoin is the king of all.

Yes, the simple example is if we compare between bitcoin and ethereum, in terms of speed, cost, and security of course Ethereum is better than bitcoin. this is what makes the developers work hard to make better coins than bitcoin.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:25:12 PM

Yes, the simple example is if we compare between bitcoin and ethereum, in terms of speed, cost, and security of course Ethereum is better than bitcoin. this is what makes the developers work hard to make better coins than bitcoin.
Why do you not use Ripple instead of Ethereum for transfer money?
In the fact, Ethereum network is lower than Ripple network for transfer money and payment.
It has more than 30,000 transaction hash unconfirmed and made the fees also higher than normal.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

I really like alt coins too and I expecting that alt can grow more in the coming years. Many have already invested in alt coins but we couldn't change that bitcoin would not likely be replaced on top because it is still more popular. What I fear is that alt coin would also become expensive.
bitcoms

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:38:10 PM

All the other altcoins are losing value expect for ETH now. Litecoin is still the dobble ganger of BTC and always will be seen as just an after thought.
freecastle

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:39:39 PM

The alts have their places on the market, the only problem is that we attend either a run of alts or bitcoin but never both at the same time, it is tiring ...
gerardopp1969

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:41:26 PM

Yes it have because it run by doing that so we can have more good by more digital currency
rinny

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:48:23 PM

I don't believe that there altcoins right now which are able to threat the domination of BTC. This, however, does not exclude the possibility of another alt, say litecoin, to be used as payment instead of BTC in daily micro-transactions.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:52:09 PM

I don't believe that there altcoins right now which are able to threat the domination of BTC. This, however, does not exclude the possibility of another alt, say litecoin, to be used as payment instead of BTC in daily micro-transactions.

This is what's likely to happen. Bitcoin's use case as a means of transacting is being far out performed by so many others. People will use something else rather than pay those high fees. The market will decide...

Yudha2015

Activity: 414
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:54:53 PM

It is very hard to predict. But there is nothing impossible if altcoin will follow any success of btc.
Let's see what will be. Wink Wink Wink

►           ►     enVoy        ▐ │     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │ ▌     ◄           ◄
►            ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK            ◄
[v]  Facebook     [v]  Twitter     [v]  Telegram     [v]  Medium     [v]  Linkedin     [v]  Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: