Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51002 times)
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:45:05 AM

All businesses have their own ups and downs. Even if the bitcoin is the pioneer in this industry, it doesn't mean that they will stay in the front seat forever. This already is happening to several businesses where newcomers beat the old ones. But as long as we are still earning through bitcoin I think this won't be a problem.

Zachary1973

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:47:26 AM

The problem is Bitcoin is popular in the digital world, but still many people don't know what is Bitcoin, in this situation if we started to teach any other altcoin to people they will not listen.Yes bitcoin has trouble about transaction time and fee right now, but i believe there will be a way to solve that.
tuskacz

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:52:24 AM

yes. High transaction fees may be decreased popularity of bitcoin.

Do you have any proof for what you said? It is otherwise, when bitcoin had little users there were minimal fees.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:05:34 AM

Altkoins do not compete with bitcoin. Most altcoins have their own immediate tasks and functions, which they perform, and therefore they function separately from each other, at the same time influencing and interacting with everyone as a kind of crypto currency.
         I think that from the point of view of popularity, altcoyins have huge chances to beat beatcoin ever. Given the constant problems of bitcoin with transactions, and if this and other problems such as relative anonymity and weak confidentiality are not solved in the future, bitcoin, which is already slowly losing its popularity, can give way to a leader of one of the successful altcoyins, possibly even ethereum.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:09:26 AM

Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.

Amidst the issues that Bitcoin is facing right now like high transaction fees, many altcoins that has a huge potential will for sure pose a threat to the dominance of bitcoin if it will not resolve the issue on fees. It true that it is the best cryptocurrency to trust your investment with but the fact that it is not feasible on using it a mode of payment is something to be worried on thinking that there are coins that don't have this issue and are very suitable to do so.
Finley.398

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:12:55 AM

some have projected altcoin ever surpass bitcoin prices finally fall. they only last some time. while bitcoin survive with very high until recently.Maybe transaction fees are increasing yet I cant see people transferring their funds there, that is not enough reason to do this move.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:17:19 AM

some have projected altcoin ever surpass bitcoin prices finally fall. they only last some time. while bitcoin survive with very high until recently.Maybe transaction fees are increasing yet I cant see people transferring their funds there, that is not enough reason to do this move.
But if the scaling issues continue and it is not resolved, Bitcoin might be threatened by other cryptocurrencies to take over its position at the top. Although we can see that there is not a single crypto that could come close to the price of Bitcoin right now, it should not ignore the fact that these type of concerns about the transaction fees could give a huge impact on its dominance. We will just hope that miners could find a way to resolve the scaling issues.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:20:03 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

We cannot say that Altcoins will surpass Bitcoin because Bitcoin is still the highest as compared to other cryptocurrencies when it comes to volumes and demands by the people around the world.
Some people want to invest in Altcoins, I guess, for day trading but they need to be quick if prices will spike up.
But when it comes to stability and long term investment, Bitcoin is still suitable. There are speculations that Bitcoin will rise up soon so we better to invest now and hold.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:26:37 AM

Though people are complaining about the transaction fees from bitcoins and most have stopped using it as a result, i really don't seen any alts even getting close to it at all, whiles bitcoin has been falling, almost all the other cryptocurrencies are also falling as well.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:33:40 AM

It's the first coin and would be very difficult to unseat it if even the alt is very good.

Yes, and on top of that bitcoin's market cap alone almost consume the entire market capitalization of alt coins. With that being said, i would say that alt coins don't have a chance against bitcoin and bitcoin will always remain the dominant currency all the time.

adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:40:52 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

actually nobody know what will happens with bitcoin and altcoins soon. but as i see coins like BCH now more popular and have a huge potencial like BTC...
maybe next time BCH will Replace BTC domination in crypto world...
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:46:23 AM

Any altcoin can stand a chance against bitcoins if there's a lot of people who are demanding on it. The growth of any coin in the market is always depending on the consumers choice on where they are going to invest their capital and it will trigger its price to increase when the supply is decreasing. supply and demand is always the reason why coins value are decreasing or increasing in the market.
Many people start investing the others digital coin. They are not focusing on Bitcoin anymore when they realize that the others coin can give them more profit than Bitcoin. Etherium is a particular example. Generally, it depend on the investor who chooses the coin that he likes to invest. I think the other alts have chances against Bitcoin.

Cryptopulos

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:14:01 AM

Yes, especially due to the increasing uselessness of Bitcoin. Currently, I have to pay $2 fee to make a simple transaction of < 300 bytes.

Sites are currently adapting to pay their users in Bitcoin. Some sites once offered withdrawal at $1, then increased to $5, and now it is over $20.

Soon, people may start requesting payment in another coin, or just use Payza, Paypal, etc.

It seems like Bitcoin is turning into something contrary to its intended purpose. I feel scammed, and I am not even investor just a user.
Mason.989

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:19:47 AM

Bitcoin is the first ever crypto currency, and literally nothing can come even close to Bitcoin.Our opinion could be bias since we have our own favorite altcoins but let's see what will be the interest of the majority because they are the one who are going to make a certain coins mainstream, with that said bitcoin has a chance to be replace
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:22:24 AM

Bitcoin will remain king for long time due to its strong community ,big assets and some hidden truths but the much higher transaction fee is also harmful for Bitcoin and its transaction speed is also one draw back. so Bitcoin tea m must think about it for ruling forever over crypto world.

Kanda Yu

Activity: 315
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:06:47 AM

Bitcoin cannot reign forever. Time will come where altcoins will take over bitcoin's throne and will defeat it in no time. Many people are already investing on altcoins because the value of bitcoin is falling down a lot. Altcoins are improving and innovating and we can all see that. Although I am hoping for altcoin's success, I still hope that things here in bitcoin will keep on getting better.
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:07:33 AM

I only see some altcoins that have a potential chance of fighting bitcoin, there may be 3 or 5 but no more. It depends entirely on the technology used and the promotion is done to be popular. Cool
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:27:01 AM

Bitcoin will remain king for long time due to its strong community ,big assets and some hidden truths but the much higher transaction fee is also harmful for Bitcoin and its transaction speed is also one draw back. so Bitcoin tea m must think about it for ruling forever over crypto world.

Bitcoin have the most many investors compare to the other cryptocurrency here in this virtual world, so therefore we could easily say that other tokens or altcoins doesn't have any chance against bitcoin. Bitcoin is like a big concrete wall and altcoins is just a very thin man who wants to destroy that wall with his bare hands. It will take a long time I think before the altcoins go beyond bitcoin.

Well, that is just only my opinion, we couldn't say that it could really happen because we don't know what might happen tomorrow, we just have to wait and see.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:29:24 PM

Maybe in some time but most investors see bitcoin as prime crypto to invest in, alts are just alts. Like the name is said they are here if you see bitcoin to be to expensive and want to invest in crypto you will search for some suitable alt that will be in your radar.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:32:53 PM

Nowadays all money which is moving between Bitcoin and altcoins is 100% speculative, so it makes no sense to try to make a rational discussion on which coin will prevail, since whatever happens now with the prices is disconnected from each coin's reality, being connected only to hype and pretexts for pump and dumps. Sad that it's turning this way.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: