Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie: guiminer issues  (Read 1709 times)
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:16:45 AM

I'm not much of an expert at mining.  Can someone from this forum help out the following Newbie.  I've linked to his post from the Newbie forum here, please post updates and questions there so he can respond:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186070.0

Hey guys, so sorry that my first post on the forums is due to a problem I'm having but I'm pretty stumped :/

So I have the 2012-11-18 version of guiminer and I'd like to mine on my gtx480 in the BTC Guild (using the US-Stratum server). All my video card drivers are up to date. When I attempt to mine with the default setting (CPU Affinity left all blank except for the first core) and the correct username, etc. I get "NameError: name 'OpenCLMiner' is not defined" in the lower left corner and am continually stuck at "Starting..." on the right corner.
When I make a new CUDA miner (I downloaded CUDA from Nvidia this morning as well), I keep all the setting the same, but when I click "Start mining!" nothing happens at all. The button is depressed, but the status at the bottom right still reads "Stopped" and I see no change in the window.

I've searched a bit about the the NameError (though I obviously still couldn't solve the issue), but haven't really been able to find anything about the CUDA miner issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I got that same error. I haven't been able to figure out what it means, but I think it may have something to do with no OpenCL device being available on the computer. Have you checked your video card for OpenCL compatibility?
Yeah, from what I've read my GPU driver should include OpenCL compatibility so I figured updating that would solve the issue. Apparently not.
I've generally associated OpenCL with ATI cards and CUDA with nVidia cards which is why I thought the CUDA Miner may be the way to go. Unfortunately, that was problematic as well.
Let me know if you find a fix for the issue!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:39:04 PM

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: