Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Ver has been compromised  (Read 7363 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:14:17 AM

Satoshi's whitepaper was riddled with flaws and oversights and misjudgments.

or satoshi was forward thinking of wanting to go left. but core went to the right. and now wants to pretend they own bitcoin and even want to re-write the white paper to make it look like SATOSHI's whitepaper was always talking about the 'segwit way'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 09:01:42 AM

3. Read the white-paper and you will see that unlike Blockstream and Core,  I'm advocating for the very thing that Bitcoin was designed to be from day one.
Wrong. You only quote parts which suite your agenda, whilst ignoring other piece or statements by Satoshi which don't or which you do not understand. Relevant to the quote from OP, Satoshi had in mind that SPV fraud proofs were practically feasible. If they were, then you could argue that that many full nodes are not as required as they are today (or at least not for financial sovereignty). Small hint: SPV fraud proofs are not real thing yet.

Even with 32mb full blocks , that's 192 megabytes per hour.  Not exactly cost prohibitive for miners even with today's technology.
Heck, I can download 192 megabytes in about 20 seconds.
If we ignore the centralization effect, the absurdly higher orphan rates and the risk of a DoS, this still isn't feasible. You're talking about killing off more than half the network. I'm still not sure why you're preaching about things that you don't understand yourself?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
farharhadi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:23:49 AM

what will happen, whether he is a member of this forum?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:46:13 AM

You're talking about killing off more than half the network. I'm still not sure why you're preaching about things that you don't understand yourself?

go play with a stripped and prunned node and tell me its still 100% full node!!

if you want to talk about killing off more then half the network. stop preaching about your crush with gmax and his colleagues and learn bitcoin

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:58:23 PM

Even with 32mb full blocks , that's 192 megabytes per hour.  Not exactly cost prohibitive for miners even with today's technology.
Heck, I can download 192 megabytes in about 20 seconds.
If we ignore the centralization effect, the absurdly higher orphan rates and the risk of a DoS, this still isn't feasible. You're talking about killing off more than half the network. I'm still not sure why you're preaching about things that you don't understand yourself?

The 2 primary constraints are bandwidth and storage, both of which have been, and are continuing to become more abundant and cheaper.  The 'centralization effect' and the 'higher orphan rates' you speak of are consequences of a lack of those resources.   I just gave an example of how those resources are expanding.

But since you believe you are so much more knowledgeable, please tell us why I am wrong.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 09:44:55 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 09:59:05 PM by Lauda

You're talking about killing off more than half the network. I'm still not sure why you're preaching about things that you don't understand yourself?

if you want to talk about killing off more then half the network. stop preaching about your crush with gmax and his colleagues and learn bitcoin
You statement has nothing to do with what I wrote. The reason for that is, exactly what I've mentioned earlier, lack of knowledge.

The 2 primary constraints are bandwidth and storage, both of which have been, and are continuing to become more abundant and cheaper.  
There is zero guarantee that this is going to continue, especially in the case of a global conflict which is very likely nowadays.

The 'centralization effect' and the 'higher orphan rates' you speak of are consequences of a lack of those resources.   I just gave an example of how those resources are expanding. But since you believe you are so much more knowledgeable, please tell us why I am wrong.
You have no idea what you're talking about, and I highly suggest (although you're going to ignore it or dismiss it) for you to stop spreading bullshit. Orphan rates have nothing to do with neither bandwidth nor storage. Orphan rates are about propagation time, i.e. propagation delay. Increased bandwidth and storage requirements are going to centralize non-mining nodes; they are not really relevant to centralization of mining because of orphan rates.

Propagation speed vs. bandwidth ELI5 (specially for you jonald): https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/16402/difference-between-propagation-speed-and-bandwidth-in-digital-communication

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:24:06 PM

The 2 primary constraints are bandwidth and storage, both of which have been, and are continuing to become more abundant and cheaper. 
There is zero guarantee that this is going to continue, 

This is not how systems and networks are planned. When an engineer is planning a system, he will make certain assumptions regarding what will likely happen in the future.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:29:30 PM

There is zero guarantee that this is going to continue, 
This is not how systems and networks are planned. When an engineer is planning a system, he will make certain assumptions regarding what will likely happen in the future.
You are comparing traditional systems to Bitcoin, which is a fallacy. The failure of said systems, for any given period of time would be much less destructive than a similar failure in Bitcoin. The network needs to be prepared and robust for all outcomes. You could argue that even the upper bound of Segwit, i.e. 4 MB, could be considered too much. There is most certainly inadequate amount of research in to the effects of big blocks on the Bitcoin nodes (i.e. how many % would be lost at which block size). This is one of the reasons for which the "big blockers" throw out random block sizes as "acceptable", or even "compromises"; their opinions aren't backed by data.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:51:35 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 12:05:30 AM by franky1

You statement has nothing to do with what I wrote. The reason for that is, exactly what I've mentioned earlier, lack of knowledge.

its about prunned/no witness(Stripped) nodes are more then likely to kill off more than half the network

how about you stop preaching the blockstream half baked features, take off the blockstream defender cap and wear the critical thinking logical cap about whats best for the bitcoin network

here is your own self debunking the myth that dynamics and big blockers will kill half the network

There is most certainly inadequate amount of research in to the effects of big blocks on the Bitcoin nodes (i.e. how many % would be lost at which block size).

the.scientist

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:17:27 AM

Man, what a user phobia this guy has.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:26:15 AM

its about prunned/no witness(Stripped) nodes are more then likely to kill off more than half the network

how about you stop preaching the blockstream half baked features, take off the blockstream defender cap and wear the critical thinking logical cap about whats best for the bitcoin network

here is your own self debunking the myth that dynamics and big blockers will kill half the network

So says franky1 McShillinsteen  Cheesy

Dude, you got to be the #1 anti-core/ anti-blockstream shill on this site. Your shill-tastic posts always make me LOL

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:28:51 AM

Oh yeah, you're way smarter. So smart I'm ignoring you.

But its true.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:32:40 AM

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/853250894162350080

Only a node that is mining is a true full node.  The rest are just slowing down the propagation of blocks between the real full nodes.

At this point, I am convinced Roger Ver is compromised and is posting absurd shit like this to tip us off.

It's still Roger...

If any of his accounts have been compromised I doubt the hacker would have used his accounts in this purpose, but rather to scam actual spendable funds. Also Roger would have discovered about the hack very quickly afterwards.

The chances are slim, but it could be true.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:33:12 AM

look passed the word scripts of reddit
look passed the scripts of "call those anti-sgwit guys shills"
look passed the cabin fever of blind adoration of blockstream

then
take a critical mind and read the code of segwit
actually understand it. look at the way it used a backdoor (even they admit as much)
look at how the promises of fixes are not 100%
look at how it changes the network topology with upsteam filters (their buzzword not mine)
look at how the quadratic/ malle' and even new attack vectors are possible even with segwit 'active'
look at the flaws and limitations.

you can call me anything you like but..
 at least try to understand what you are trying to defend by really understanding it first

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:35:05 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 12:47:59 AM by Quantus

Everyone knows your a shill Franky. We may not know where your money is coming from but we know your making bank.
I mean at this rate you'll be over 2k posts in a few days.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:36:21 AM

Oh yeah, you're way smarter. So smart I'm ignoring you.
But its true.

not flaws..
its just that blockstream have taken core far far far away from the original vision/ethos of bitcoin.

funny how you blame the inventors original vision as being the thing thats wrong. rather than whats mean moved away from that original vision

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:37:45 AM

So says franky1 McShillinsteen  Cheesy

Dude, you got to be the #1 anti-core/ anti-blockstream shill on this site. Your shill-tastic posts always make me LOL

I wonder how much shills get paid?

Meh, it doesn't matter I guess. The whole core/classic/BU/blockstream subject bores me so much I wouldn't be able to make any money anyway.

Owl_Fintech

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

Byteball.org - airdropped high-end cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:45:32 AM

I think it's unlikely that the account was compromised, or he would have already pronounced himself. But who knows...

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:46:06 AM

Everyone knows your a shill Franky, how your making your money we don't know but we know your a shill.

lol you just want to pigeon hole rathr then actually debunk blockstreams failings.. very empty rebuttle that is.
me but my opinions are based on:
decentralised diverse consensus network.
not
blockstream(core) dominant network

i actually would be happy with core working ALONGSIDE the other DOZEN different and diverse implementations if core didnt have the blockstream(DCG) agenda.

also. many fail to pigeon hole me into xt classic bu or other "brands". because i want:
decentralised diverse consensus network.

not any particular "brand"

so nice try. but when you defend blockstream but fail to rebut the context of the technical flaws of segwit and just shout "shill" as yoer defensive argument. it makes you look weak.

segwit dos not solve quadratics.. it makes it 4x worse:
0.12 4k maxtxsigops (~10sec validation time)
0.14 16k maxtxsigops (~8min validation time)

multisigs themselves solve malleability by requiring a second person sign off on a transaction

segwit is not a 2mb or 4mb capacity growth promise. it requires EVERYONE to move funds to segwit keypairs and stick with those key pairs without any native key users.. to even get close to the 2mb 'gesture'

segwit has taken a year and a half of delays for a half gesture 2merkle TIER network.. yet could have been done in less time as a single merkle full network consensus upgrade that could have included other features like dynamics.. where their would not have been debates, drama and the community would have been united

FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:47:18 AM

look passed the word scripts of reddit
look passed the scripts of "call those anti-sgwit guys shills"
look passed the cabin fever of blind adoration of blockstream

then
take a critical mind and read the code of segwit
actually understand it. look at the way it used a backdoor (even they admit as much)
look at how the promises of fixes are not 100%
look at how it changes the network topology with upsteam filters (their buzzword not mine)
look at how the quadratic/ malle' and even new attack vectors are possible even with segwit 'active'
look at the flaws and limitations.

you can call me anything you like but..
 at least try to understand what you are trying to defend by really understanding it first

You're so anti-core, anti-blockstream that either you're paid to do this or gmaxwell has personally hurt you in some manner?

You're posts suggest you have a tremendous amount of hate and contempt for Blockstream and anything related to them. Its very suspicious.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: