Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Snake Story  (Read 1869 times)
BrightAnarchist (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2010, 08:46:52 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2010, 10:18:16 PM by BrightAnarchist

Some people like red snakes, some people like blue snakes. Some people want a snake with more venom, some prefer a different rattle. No matter the form, it still hurts when the snake bites you. So you go out to convince people to vote for a different snake, you try to explain that smaller snakes are less painful. But this will never work: people are too diverse in their opinions, and the one thing most of them have in common is that they support the snake. So voting doesn't work, convincing doesn't work, and fighting the snake doesn't work because it's too dangerous (and if you resort to violence you're no different than the snake, potentially you could even become the snake), so what does work? Only one thing will work, and only one thing is moral: defense. Armor plated boots so the snake cannot bite. Grab your pair now -- use Bitcoin P2P Cryptocurrency, www.bitcoin.org.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2010, 09:17:09 PM

When the snake comes to bite it is okay to kill it if you can.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2010, 08:14:01 AM

Right, but my point is that if you kill the snake yourself (aka start a violent revolution), then what prevent you from becoming the new snake? What prevents another snake from emerging?

On the other hand, if you can defend against it, then nobody can take on that role. So defence is the only lasting solution to the problem of excessive offense.

I'm not saying that the right tool at this moment is a machete and not boots, definitely get the boots now. But killing snakes doesn't automatically make you a snake either.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

November 22, 2010, 10:01:52 AM

Become a porcupine.  Wink
bober182

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2010, 09:28:15 PM

But can the iron boots not trample the snake.

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 03:14:16 PM

There is a tax collector at my door!

Just a sec! I'm getting my boots on!

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:31:19 AM

Why all the hate against snakes  Huh Tongue

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 10:47:46 AM

Right, but my point is that if you kill the snake yourself (aka start a violent revolution), then what prevent you from becoming the new snake? What prevents another snake from emerging?

On the other hand, if you can defend against it, then nobody can take on that role. So defence is the only lasting solution to the problem of excessive offense.

I'm not saying that the right tool at this moment is a machete and not boots, definitely get the boots now. But killing snakes doesn't automatically make you a snake either.

Be a mongoose!
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 02:02:30 PM

Be a mongoose!
Or learn to fly, so that the snake cannot get you Smiley

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:35:38 PM

I think snakes are kind of cool.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:40:07 PM

I think snakes are kind of cool.

How did you find this thread??? It's about freaking snakes and 4 years old already. But I liked reading the story, I think snakes are kinda cute! Some prefer a different rattle Cheesy

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:28:06 PM

Don't insult snakes by comparing them to politicians.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
forever21

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:36:36 PM

there is a lot of snake story here in the forum but my most favorite snake story is how dank bite squall  Roll Eyes
FFrost

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

If you kill enough snakes you can make a cool jacket then snakes won't bite you.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:39:12 PM

Don't insult snakes by comparing them to politicians.

I think you are over-interpreting this little story! Sometimes a snake is just a snake Smiley (That just sounded way to weird...)

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:42:15 PM

there is a lot of snake story here in the forum but my most favorite snake story is how dank bite squall  Roll Eyes

Let's look over the snakes that bit me for $500 each making it impossible for me to pay squall.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

Snakes can make everyone rich.

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:21:59 PM

Snakes can make everyone rich.

Snakes produce some incredibly powerful venom! That venom can be gathered and used for medical purposes! That way something incredibly dangerous becomes useful for people! Incredible, blows my mind every time! Cheesy

FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:24:58 PM

Snakes are awesome! They can move in weird ways! Totally screwed up! But I do see the metaphor in the story, although i don' totally concurr with that, why does everyone assume that all 'snakes' want people to suffer?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: