Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips, 0.079 per Chip (Dabs) Philippines/Asia  (Read 16881 times)
ragingazn628

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:56:27 AM

Count me in for 1 chip please. I require Escrow / Secret Police Services / CIA agents for this transaction. Please confirm.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:21:08 AM

Don't you have your own Group Buy? But hey, send the coins, minimum for 10 chips please.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:40:13 AM

Okay guys, we have two potential fabricator for your chips. One in Indonesia. One in Cebu, Philippines. Mr. Carlos Tapang, would it be alright with you for chips to be assembled by your team into working miners? I just send them over (with their permission), and you can forward the finished product to the owner.

Unless he wants to use your chip condo.

ragingazn628

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 04:14:03 AM

Okay guys, we have two potential fabricator for your chips. One in Indonesia. One in Cebu, Philippines. Mr. Carlos Tapang, would it be alright with you for chips to be assembled by your team into working miners? I just send them over (with their permission), and you can forward the finished product to the owner.

Unless he wants to use your chip condo.

No I'm more interested in the chip space mansion.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 08:46:00 AM

Announcing a new thread to discuss my 16 chip board project below:

Codename: Klondike. Open source board / firmware design.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:01:45 AM

Hi all, BkkCoins is based in Thailand. So those participating in this Group Buy will have the option to have chips sent to BkkCoins later, for assembly. Thank you BkkCoins.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:11:10 AM

I am looking at this with a lot of anticipation. So much potential here.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:11:15 PM

Well, it seems the following are working on making or assembling miners:

allten, in United States
burnin, in Germany
BkkCoins, in Thailand
Bicknellski, in Indonesia
flyonwall, in the Philippines (has personally ordered a significant number of chips from another group buy)

All seem trustworthy, as they are gathering orders from a lot of people. I can ship your chips to any of them with your choice of couriers.

The lead time is the same for all chip orders from Avalon, but I believe shipping from China to the Philippines (because of distance) will be fastest, then from here to any of the developers above I can ship quickly. Then from them to you the final miner.

You can get the chips directly though, if you want to do all the DIY assembly yourself.

I think allten won't be doing actual orders, but rather he is doing research and development.

If there are other developers that I've missed, kindly let me know.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:50:18 AM

Update May 01, 2013
Updated list of local pick up locations to 19.

If you are in the Philippines, I have at least 19 pick up locations all over Metro Manila where you can get your chips (meaning no shipping, just pick it up.)

1. Glorietta 3
2. SM Bicutan
3. SM Manila
4. SM Mega Mall
5. SM Fairview
6. SM Mall of Asia
7. SM Cubao
8. SM North EDSA
9. Festival Supermall
10. Rockwell Manansala
11. Ayala Trinoma
12. SM Calamba
13. Molito Mall Puregold (near Alabang Town Center)
14. Metro Gaisano Mall (near Alabang Town Center)
15. SM Center Pasig
16. SM Makati Annex
17. The Podium
18. Hotel InterContinental Manila
19. Robinsons Place Manila

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:13:46 AM

I will be working with BKK and assembly still uncertain yet in Indonesia... but definitely looking to supply Indonesian market with ASICs once we know that the board BKK is planning is viable. I will be announcing something for sales ONLY after I have functioning products in hand (AKA my own farm which has to be up and running first). No pre-sales at all, it would only be off the shelf only while stocks last sort of thing. We will do small runs and make the miners available.

Those looking at chips... I am not 100% sure yet what I will be able to do for them as I am checking out fabrication houses and even checking around for some PCB designers that can oversee this as piece work for the board assembly of the miners in Jakarta. This for me very much up in the air. First need to marry my 540 chips to boards first then I will be able to gauge from there.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:16:11 PM

ID       Chips     BTC    Address                               Note

People have been sending me PMs, but seem to be hesistant. Let's get this started and going.

I will update the order status on a new post as they come in (if I am awake and online.)

Please don't forget to sign your order with your bitcoin address, and the tx id would also be helpful but not needed. Your shipping address at this point is optional. I'll need that later when we've reached the minimum threshold and waiting for the chips.

Jesehl

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:44:27 PM

sent pm. from PH here.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:55:25 PM

A'right, let's kick this off:
Code:
Newar; 240; 20.64; 1NeWArjoPgAXeZxXo9U699mqgqQ6sLdYFB
Code:
G2sh8njHLAdQtIs/ZzJL+NtyRgHODSc/Bl9z2KJFdxjulif3cZr88KxcJ6/mFPKdtwkr7dQJPOBswYYsQ04CSQQ=
https://blockchain.info/tx/e69eb58df5e489f71ea604bdd33447cefb8cafb5f1e90fa60f0cfa7fa7c540cc

I like what I see from the Klondike project so far and will probably go that route.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:56:29 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 07:22:11 AM by Dabs

Order Status (Confirmed Orders)
Code:
ID       Chips     BTC    Address                               Note
01         240   20.64    1NeWArjoPgAXeZxXo9U699mqgqQ6sLdYFB    Confirmed
------------------------------------------------------------
Sum:       240
============================================================
Remaining: 9760

Avalon has also sent an email update:

Dear Dabs,
Lots things to update.

1. We are currently investigating on the three or so shipments that have shown up badly damaged to the customers. They do no appear to be simple delivery damage: they are not dents but some corners of some of the units have been snapped off. It takes a great amount of force to snap 3mm aluminum that's been bolted down with 0.9mm screws in a box with foam padding. We are not ruling out the possibility of sabotage.

In future, when receiving an Avalon package, if there is any rattling sound coming from inside, open the package in front of DHL/EMS and inspect the inside, if there is damage immediately return the package to the sender. The receiver must submit the complaint so us, the shipper can receive this information from DHL/EMS and we can investigate.

Do not worry, even if DHL/EMS does not compensate for the damages, once you send the damaged unit back, we will send you a replacement free of charge.

2. Our new SMT equipment has arrived, it is expected to be tweaked and fully functional by the second week of May. Expect an updated gallery of our facility soon. In the mean time we are going to send out ~20 units through our new shipping channels and test the waters. We expect to go full throttle once the new SMT line comes online.

3. We also recently released a new firmware that is our most stabled version yet, it also increases the performance by about 2Gh/s and lowers idle power consumption, see the wiki for full details. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#20130419

p.s. few people in the Avalon team is sick, so we are moving rather slow at the moment.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:29:16 AM

http://minr.info/

This is a list of currently discussed ASIC bitcoin mining hardware. You can subscribe to our newsletter to get ASIC news straight to your inbox. To add a product or report changes please send an email.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:50:13 AM

Estimated shipping for approximately up to ~200 chips (or about 1 kilogram mass/weight):

From Philippines to Any of The Pick Up Locations: BTC 0.001 (Basically Free)
From Philippines to Anywhere Else in the Philippines: BTC 0.06 (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao)
From Philippines to Singapore: BTC 0.18
From Philippines to Thailand: BTC 0.23
From Philippines to Malaysia: BTC 0.23
From Philippines to Indonesia: BTC 0.23
From Philippines to Australia: BTC 0.30
From Philippines to Canada: BTC 0.31
From Philippines to United States: BTC 0.31
From Philippines to Germany: BTC 0.49

These are estimates only. Actual prices are subject to change. Especially of the value of the coin goes up against fiat.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:12:15 AM

As part of the order, I will be getting some sample chips. These bonus sample chips will be distributed to everyone in the Group Buy proportionally (as much as possible) and you can also "donate" them to any other person or developer of your choice; I can send them to anyone who can work on them.

It is also possible that I get enough orders such that I get some "extra" chips. These extra chips will come from my share and be distributed to everyone in the Group Buy, so it's possible that you get a little bit more than what you paid for, but this is no guarantee, just a good possibility. At the very least, I'll add a token one or two chips on top of your order.

So order away, your coins aren't doubling anymore. The faster we reach the threshold, the faster we can finish this Group Buy.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:58:38 PM

bump.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:41:22 PM

Possibility of merged Group Buy. See here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189220.msg2047882#msg2047882

So order up so we all get our chips faster. Any order that comes after the 10,000th chip will unfortunately have to be refunded. (Unless we order 20,000 chips.)

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:39:18 AM

Merger not happening soon.

But for some good news.
The guy in Thailand has some estimates now on his board design and possible pricing.
Klondike 1 - $16
Klondike 16 - $35
Klondike 64 - $100

So you could order 16 chips at 1.38 BTC or 32 chips at 2.75 BTC and get the board and parts from BkkCoins and have a 4 GH/s or 9 GH/s miner.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: