Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:07:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jihan blocks segwit on LTC: price crashes  (Read 6733 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:25:50 PM

The anti segwit moves keep crashing prices, but anti segwit deniers will still claim it has nothing to do with it.

https://twitter.com/peeticek/status/854091120812445696

At the same time, f2pool started signaling segwit on BTC, and the price automatically pumped to $1200

https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/854231735386611712

Segwit support remains a solid reason of price increase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:21:49 PM

The anti segwit moves keep crashing prices, but anti segwit deniers will still claim it has nothing to do with it.

At the same time, f2pool started signaling segwit on BTC, and the price automatically pumped to $1200

Hashpower  Cheesy
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:38:01 PM

If HaoBTC starts to support SegWit and Slush Pool stops fucking around with 1 block SW and another one BU we might get to a proper consensus and get on with our lives, and I don't know what happens if everyone switches to 8MB and then we'll have blocks 8 times bigger and much lower fees.
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 08:50:43 PM

Jihan blocking SegWit on Litecoin is annoying but I genuinely don't think this is having so much of an effect.  

When F2Pool started signalling SegWit the price was around $1180 and stayed that way for a while and now has taken a very slight hike to about $1200.  There's really no indication that it's caused a serious rise because no one actually thinks:  "Wow! SegWit is 1% ahead of BU now! Bitcoin is so amazing and everything is all better!  If we get double this amount of support for SegWit, we'll only have like 15% to go!".

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 09:50:24 PM

Slush Pool stops fucking around with 1 block SW and another one BU
Slush is providing miners with a choice of what to vote for and not taking a stance himself unfortunately. I have mixed opinions about this since it means the individual miners are actually making the decision but I feel pool operators have a responsibility to help display unity and effect coordinated change.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:59:55 PM

So this is all about political agenda.  I wonder why they block segwit in Litecoin.  It would be best to let Segwit be activated in Litecoin and see the result.  I think they are afraid of Segwit since hey knew it is a game changer.  This definitely means what is happening in cryptocurrency is not about what is better but rather a political agenda for their own benefits. 
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:09:57 PM

So this is all about political agenda.  I wonder why they block segwit in Litecoin.  It would be best to let Segwit be activated in Litecoin and see the result.  I think they are afraid of Segwit since hey knew it is a game changer.  This definitely means what is happening in cryptocurrency is not about what is better but rather a political agenda for their own benefits.  

The more brazen they are, the more isolated they become, the easier it is for everyone else to cut them adrift and route around them. This won't last forever. It's very slowly coming to a head of sorts.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:44:03 PM

Jihan is using the ASIC miners that he was supposed to send to customers in order to spend all this power to block segwit, and this is very despicable behavior, he is going to insane lengths in order to stop segwit from happening which shows he is scared of segwit working on LTC totally fine and crushing the FUD.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:44:46 PM

Slush is providing miners with a choice of what to vote for and not taking a stance himself unfortunately. I have mixed opinions about this since it means the individual miners are actually making the decision but I feel pool operators have a responsibility to help display unity and effect coordinated change.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with giving miners a choice, but once one solution has shown to have the greater hash rate support, the pool should probably then enforce that choice for all miners.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:51:01 PM

I'd like to think that Segwit is viewed by investors as a good thing because it allows for people who want to arbitrate to be able to reliably and cheaply move their Bitcoin between exchanges, but that's probably not true. Likely other reasons.

I think that the anti-segwit movement is now becoming an increasingly large issue, and having segwit on LTC would have been a good tech demo for everyone. Now that it's blocked, I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of Jihan.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:52:01 PM

I think that the anti-segwit movement is now becoming an increasingly large issue, and having segwit on LTC would have been a good tech demo for everyone. Now that it's blocked, I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of Jihan.

By hook or by crook Segwit will happen on Litecoin now. It's literally one man against everyone else by the looks of things.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:04:48 PM

If a pool is signaling for SegWit, and you are a supporter of SegWit, and an owner of mining equipment, then you might want to have your equipment pointed at that pool. If you are a supporter of BU and/or actively dislike SegWit, then you would probably not point your equipment at that pool, and if you already have your equipment pointed at that pool, you would probably move it to another pool. If you are neutral, then you will probably base your decision on other factors.

The opposite is also true for pools that are signaling for BU.

At the end of the day, the hashrate split of SW/BU signaling is based on the opinions and beliefs of mining equipment operators/owners. Slush is simply allowing owners to have either opinion on the scaling debate and still have the ability to keep their equipment pointed at slush.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with giving miners a choice, but once one solution has shown to have the greater hash rate support, the pool should probably then enforce that choice for all miners.
The miners will always have a choice. If the pool is not signaling a certain choice that conforms with the miner's choice, the miner will simply point their equipment elsewhere.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:25:49 PM

I wonder if LTC miners have something similar to asicboost therefore they refusing to activate segwit for it too in order to mine as many coins as they can?
Recently I saw some people cloning a contract on ETH platform in hopes of double spending rchain or something like that and for me at least this BU-llshit is just an attempt to stealing the network longest chain and take control, but guess who will only benefit if other miners be so stupid and blindly support BU and they can do a hard fork? no one but the biggest ASIC manufacturer which will continue to mine unlimited-size blocks with their ever growing mining equipment and do other miners think that their next gen miners will come out with asicboost hardware attached to them? think again.

🖤😏
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:29:44 PM

I wonder if LTC miners have something similar to asicboost therefore they refusing to activate segwit for it too in order to mine as many coins as they can?

Nah. I think it's pure Bitcoin politics spilling over. If it's demonstrated that Segwit does the job and does some new ones too then Bitmain will have lost an awful lot of face.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:32:35 PM

even if segwit was the most amazing scaling solution in the world, it wont help litecoin that much right now since litecoin barely has any merchants.  it was just a p&d.

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:35:02 PM

even if segwit was the most amazing scaling solution in the world, it wont help litecoin that much right now since litecoin barely has any merchants.  it was just a p&d.

I think Litecoiners themselves would be the first to admit they won't have a capacity problem for a very long time, if ever. It would shine a light on them and attract more quality developers though.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:15:42 AM

I think Litecoiners themselves would be the first to admit they won't have a capacity problem for a very long time, if ever. It would shine a light on them and attract more quality developers though.

It would do more than that. All of the various side chain devs could look to litecoin instead of bitcoin. Litecoin could pass over bitcoin in short order if that happened. How would you like LN to go with litecoin instead?

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:24:29 AM

It would do more than that. All of the various side chain devs could look to litecoin instead of bitcoin. Litecoin could pass over bitcoin in short order if that happened. How would you like LN to go with litecoin instead?

Of course they'll pour in, if only for proof of concept. There must be loads of Bitcoin projects waiting to roll out right now which'll head straight there. If Bitcoin gets left behind then so be it. However a successful LTC Segwit will also hugely increase the desire for the same on BTC.

As for a Lightning Network, I'd like to see one in action before deciding it's the greatest thing ever.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:39:17 AM

Dude you are worse than iamnotback at least have the balls and say it straight to our faces that you've bought a few bags full of LTC and now wishing for price to go up? Cheesy LTC only worth $5 tops and currently has been pumped by the likes of you.

Why not visit yobit just for once and take your pick from the list of never ending crapcoins and throw SW at it to see it might get $4000 per coin Cheesy
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:01:13 AM

Dude you are worse than iamnotback at least have the balls and say it straight to our faces that you've bought a few bags full of LTC and now wishing for price to go up? Cheesy LTC only worth $5 tops and currently has been pumped by the likes of you.

Why not visit yobit just for once and take your pick from the list of never ending crapcoins and throw SW at it to see it might get $4000 per coin Cheesy

Sorry to disappoint you sweet tits but I don't need to buy anything. I started mining ltc at almost the very first block. Yep, even after is wasn't worth it to mine btc with gpus anymore me and my buddy Reaper tore Litecoin the fuck up with 32 HD 5970s. ROFL I sold a shitload of them into btc above $30 per but I may still have a few laying around somewhere. LOL

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: