Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:20:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WANTED] Software / Regression Tester for Moneo.io (pay in BTC)  (Read 442 times)
Moneo (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 11:13:12 AM

Whilst our product is well tested, we need someone to perform a very thorough test and sign off on https://moneo.io

• Create a client account, and a freelancer profile and trade between them using Bitcoin
  • Test fixed price jobs, hourly jobs, and gig bookings
  • Test the milestones and timesheets feature
  • Check all email notifications
  • Reconcile all amounts (with fees added and deducted), and BTC amounts
  • Test all pages across as many browsers and platforms as possible (e.g. Chrome, FF, Safari, Edge, iOS, Android, Surface, etc.)
  • Thoroughly test the UI, check for formatting issues
  • Feedback on any UX issues

All issues / bugs should be documented in a Trello board that we create, with screenshots and explanations.

The job is here: https://moneo.io/job/96-software-regression-tester

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:43:39 AM

Hi,Seems like an interesting Position.
Here is my skillset profile " https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1852386.msg18430401#msg18430401

Having said that I'm applying for the position and also I'm fluent with Trello and Test Driven/Behaviour Driven Development Models.Your website seems interesting as well.

PS: Signing up and applying for the job requires me to complete 70% of the profile.What a turn off.I kinda stopped because uploading a banner and a logo for a freelance developer like me who pretty much spends most of the time on green and black terminals is annoying.I've you a pm anyway.

10 minutes on  the site and already I could find UI bugs.For example : Hourly rates taking negative values.
Moneo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 11:52:22 AM

Hi,Seems like an interesting Position.
Here is my skillset profile " https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1852386.msg18430401#msg18430401

Having said that I'm applying for the position and also I'm fluent with Trello and Test Driven/Behaviour Driven Development Models.Your website seems interesting as well.

PS: Signing up and applying for the job requires me to complete 70% of the profile.What a turn off.I kinda stopped because uploading a banner and a logo for a freelance developer like me who pretty much spends most of the time on green and black terminals is annoying.I've you a pm anyway.

10 minutes on  the site and already I could find UI bugs.For example : Hourly rates taking negative values.

Thanks for your feedback. The negative hourly rate issue is fixed just not deployed to production (you couldn't actually save it BTW).

You don't have to upload a banner, you could however complete your portfolio with experience, skills, etc.  Whilst it may be frustrating for you, enforcing strict quality checks is what both clients and freelancers have told us they want.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:21:50 PM

You don't have to upload a banner, you could however complete your portfolio with experience, skills, etc.  Whilst it may be frustrating for you, enforcing strict quality checks is what both clients and freelancers have told us they want.
Makes sense.So my application for the above mentioned wouldn't be considered until I complete my profile on your website ? Strict quality checks shouldn't enforce a member giving out their personal information.Though it may not sound appropriate to many but if website uses escrow/middlemen to hold the payments until the work is complete,it shouldn't be mandatory.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:14:26 PM

Wow, I am actually impressed by what you have there because the moment I clicked on the link, it just convert the wages to my local currency without filling anything. I guess what you have there is a freelancing site, to the best of my knowledge but what I am seeing here Create a client account, and a freelancer profile and trade between them using Bitcoin does that mean I will have to create two accounts? and secondly, will I have to fund my account in other to trade between both accounts?
Moneo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 03:39:11 PM

Makes sense.So my application for the above mentioned wouldn't be considered until I complete my profile on your website ? Strict quality checks shouldn't enforce a member giving out their personal information.Though it may not sound appropriate to many but if website uses escrow/middlemen to hold the payments until the work is complete,it shouldn't be mandatory.

When we started Moneo we were completely open, had no controls, and were even working on a blog to explain how to be completely anonymous on our platform (from VPN's to Proton Mail). Very much in spirit with what we know a lot of people in the Bitcoin community want...

We ran a marketing campaign and had 400 freelancers register in one day, and unfortunately the quality was very, very poor (we approved about 5).  Hundreds of empty profiles, with no content.  We then conducted a survey and spoke with 50 blockchain freelancers, and a separate survey of 40 clients (CEO's of blockchain startups, lead developers, etc.) and the overwhelming feedback was that quality was essential.

To answer your question, you won't be able to list until you complete your profile, and in addition we'll look at your online / social profiles, LinkedIn, GitHub, etc. before approving you.  We know almost everyone on our site (having had Skype calls) and so far it's working well.  There are much more open and less restrictive freelance platforms, we just trying to carve our niche.

In the future, we may consider a tiered solution, i.e. allow people to create an account but with restrictions.

Wow, I am actually impressed by what you have there because the moment I clicked on the link, it just convert the wages to my local currency without filling anything. I guess what you have there is a freelancing site, to the best of my knowledge but what I am seeing here Create a client account, and a freelancer profile and trade between them using Bitcoin does that mean I will have to create two accounts? and secondly, will I have to fund my account in other to trade between both accounts?

Thanks for your feedback (we goelocate your through CloudFlare), if you're interested in learning more about our payment system we wrote a blog: https://moneo.io/blog/moneo-bitcoin-escrow-payment-system-architecture

To complete the testing you'd need some BTC in a wallet, obviously we'd help with that though.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:49:02 PM

After going through the site and even attempted registering, I must tell, I am impressed but the issue I have is the too much detail in the forms to be filled which is discouraging and I think that is the reason why a lot of people couldnt go further. I understand that you are trying to create a value content website platform but I will be glad if you can tone it down a little bit.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:18:51 PM

Is this offer still available? I have got much job experience in software (regression) testing. I could also write automated test cases using open source tool Selenium, if this would be an option for you. The automated test cases could be regularly used to do a "health check" of the web site as part of continuious integration.
Pm me if you are interested in professional work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: