Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (LKK) LYKKE speculation  (Read 8968 times)
kawacaki (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 02:00:09 PM

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/seamus_donoghue_joins_lykke

With offices now in the UK, Switzerland, Cyprus, Vanuatu, the US, and Singapore, Lykke is expanding its global footprint.  Cool Cool

Lykke, a Swiss Fintech company building a global blockchain-powered marketplace, is accelerating its growth with the announcement of Seamus Donoghue as director of its Singapore office. With offices now in the UK, Switzerland, Cyprus, Vanuatu, the US, and Singapore, Lykke is expanding its global footprint.

“This was just a clear meeting of the minds,” says Richard Olsen, previously founder and CEO of OANDA and now CEO of Lykke. “We got along fabulously, and there is so much we can do from Singapore. It’s a real privilege to work with such enthusiastic and capable people all around the globe.”

Mr Donoghue was most recently CEO of Allocate Bullion Solutions. He has held positions at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Deutsche Bank, and JP Morgan.

“The current structure of financial markets is broken,” says Donoghue. “Our financial markets no longer serve the greater good. They are fragile and extremely vulnerable to disruption and failure given their increased concentration and centralisation.  It is time for a fresh look at not just optimizing old processes but completely reimagining financial markets as they should be while leveraging new technologies such as the blockchain to build a more resilient and inclusive marketplace for all assets. I am incredibly excited by Lykke’s vision and being part of the global team.”

In addition to bitcoin and the major currency pairs, Lykke now lists its own equity tokens plus Solarcoin, the TREE mangrove coin, and Chronobank’s TIME token. Ethereum-based and other tokens are slated to be available in the coming months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lamouette

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

Lykke is to me one of the best investments these days. Their decentralised-centralised exchange system has enormous utility in the foreign exchange markets. Way more secure, time and cost effective for people and companies dealing with massive international transactions.

I can't believe that on google play, their app is only listed with 1000+ downloads.

There is a LOT of upside potential here, although the $0.05 USD buys might be history.

They are still under the radar, so a perfect time to get some coins..I bought at $0,04 but i believe in this coin to reach a minimum of $100 when its really starts getting adopted. Its just a great thing to have a decentralized exchange with zero commissions. 100% save

There are 1 200 000 000 LKK coins (1,2 Bn). as said, one LKK represents ownership of the Lykke corporation.

If LKK price reaches 100$, it means Lykke Corp is valued at 100 x 1,2Bn = 102 Billion $. As a comparison, Amazon Inc is valued at 404 Billion $, Google at 600 Billion $. Don't know if it's reachable / realistic but have to keep those numbers in mind when speculating Wink.
kc.

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

uh-huh

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:22:29 AM

Amazing project, has great potential. Look at the roadmap - https://trello.com/b/IV0PH2gs/lykke-roadmap

Once they release in Japan, India, Turkey... etc. it's almost definite that it will rise in price.

It's a great entry point for "newbies" and even everyone to buy BTC with. They have no fees when adding USD.

Join the largest & most active Crypto Discord Server
torjusg

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:54:39 PM

Lykke exchange is now at number 99 on highest volume pairs of BTC. That is an incredible feat in such short time.

USD/BTC volume being so high already, tells a lot about what this exchange might become.
sacrosanct3

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:23:40 AM

Hi, all. i've been so excited and rather worried about this boom of cryptocurrency market nowadays.

But it's looking that there still are some good chance to get huge benefit, if we try to find some.

And Lykke is one of my recent starred lists to invest in.

I decided to be a shareholder of Lykke, and i downloaded an iOS app and noticed that there are 2 options to be a shareholder.

The first is LKK (equity) and the latter one is LKK1y (forwards).

And the price of LKK1y is somewhat higher than LKK, as we can see in the stock market.

But in my thought, it'd be much better to buy LKK instead of buying LKK1y, since there's no benefit to buy

forwards with higher price, which we can't use margin trade or on short position as well.

Can anyone explain what LKK1y buying advantage instead LKK is?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my lack of Eng. since i am learning nowadays.
kawacaki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 07:40:06 AM

Lkke1y is $0.01 cheaper then lkke at the moment ,
But your right LYKKE has huge potential!

kawacaki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 10:05:27 AM

Picked up some HCP on the lykke exchange.
I wouldn't count it as a solid investment,
But defenitly a good program to change things for the better.
https://blockchainexplorer.lykke.com/asset/AMXVqrRXEwfUuqUE4XozMb6ugb6L6PSFJ8

kawacaki (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 06:43:23 PM

http://fintechnews.ch/fintech/swiss-fintech-highlights-2017/10883/

LYKKE still at good entry point for investing!

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:29:39 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 12:57:43 PM by tempus

Hi, all. i've been so excited and rather worried about this boom of cryptocurrency market nowadays.

But it's looking that there still are some good chance to get huge benefit, if we try to find some.

And Lykke is one of my recent starred lists to invest in.

I decided to be a shareholder of Lykke, and i downloaded an iOS app and noticed that there are 2 options to be a shareholder.

The first is LKK (equity) and the latter one is LKK1y (forwards).

And the price of LKK1y is somewhat higher than LKK, as we can see in the stock market.

But in my thought, it'd be much better to buy LKK instead of buying LKK1y, since there's no benefit to buy

forwards with higher price, which we can't use margin trade or on short position as well.

Can anyone explain what LKK1y buying advantage instead LKK is?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my lack of Eng. since i am learning nowadays.

You are right that there is no advantage in buying forwards if the price is higher then usual LKK, but that was just a temporary and more unusual situation.

In general it can be expected that LKK1Y is cheaper than LKK and the advantage is exactly that. It's possible to buy LKK1Y and to trade it like usual LKK, and/or: To settle it and 365 days after doing that, the user will get LKK 1:1. Disadvantage: Once it's settled it's not possible to trade the forwards anymore, but for Investors who are longterm-focused it doesn't seem to be problem.

Some advantages of the forwards in general: Lykke did a short LKK1Y-crowdfunding in February and while Investors are usually concerned that additional supply on the market might pressure the price, that is not the case with the forwards. Also in one year the supply won't hit the market at once but more float it over time - dependent on the time individual Investors decided to settle their forwards.

Another very interesting point is: It can be seen as a sign of optimism that the LKK1Y-price comes close to LKK, because it means that more and more Investors have settled it and the decreasing supply lifts the price whenever there is demand. Once the price is close to LKK ppl tend to buy LKK of course.

In Short: The forwards have a lot of advantages and reason for interesting market dynamics.

A more in depth explanation about LKK1Y can be found here:

What is Lykke Forward?
https://www.lykke.com/city/blog/what_is_lykke_forward
jonridgeon

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:27:32 PM

I am very excited about the Lykke project, the scope and vision of this is incredible. I suspect people who are taking a casual look on the lykke website may not be picking up on the longer term scope and potential of this project, it will truly be massive if they get this going how they envisage. Exciting times with such things to invest in!
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:57:17 PM

Your phone app is very nice. Congratulations.
elma

Activity: 1932
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 07:33:52 PM

a web wallet is needed !

"Qu’on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre.“ (Richelieu)
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:36:36 PM

a web wallet is needed !

It's in development:

What to expect next?

The short term plan is to enhance the settlement process and do most of the settlement offchain in the state channels, with guaranteed mechanisms to protect both the client and the exchange. The offchain will help to minimize cost of settlement (which is already above $2 per tx on bitcoin blockchain), allow limit orders and high-speed trading for clients. Users will be able to send limit orders inside the spread, thus, improving liquidity. We will provide API for this and introduce a web-based terminal.

(...)

https://www.lykke.com/city/blog/why_does_lykke_coin_price_go_up
elma

Activity: 1932
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 07:38:34 PM

a web wallet is needed !

It's in development:

What to expect next?

The short term plan is to enhance the settlement process and do most of the settlement offchain in the state channels, with guaranteed mechanisms to protect both the client and the exchange. The offchain will help to minimize cost of settlement (which is already above $2 per tx on bitcoin blockchain), allow limit orders and high-speed trading for clients. Users will be able to send limit orders inside the spread, thus, improving liquidity. We will provide API for this and introduce a web-based terminal.

(...)

nice, i didn't see that !

"Qu’on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre.“ (Richelieu)
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:41:50 PM

a web wallet is needed !

It's in development:

What to expect next?

(...)

nice, i didn't see that !

The whole article is very interesting. Long, but tons of infos! Smiley

kawacaki (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:53:21 AM

Lykke is continuing the steady climb.
today $0,16 with a marketcap of 22mil.
download the app and get on board! this one is gonna be very big in a couple years,
if you are looking to get in on early stage, this is it!

kawacaki (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist, Gogerty is the founder of SolarCoin.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/nick_gogerty

”Lykke is building a massive platform for growth,” he says. “Much of that work isn't public yet.
My near term job is to support Lykke's platform by finding the early partners and new products and services that will deliver exponential growth across geographies, business sectors and customers, from individuals to institutions."

Lykke is gonna be a big thing in the future!

ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:20:47 PM

Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist, Gogerty is the founder of SolarCoin.

”Lykke is building a massive platform for growth,” he says. “Much of that work isn't public yet.
My near term job is to support Lykke's platform by finding the early partners and new products and services that will deliver exponential growth across geographies, business sectors and customers, from individuals to institutions."

Interesting: I have tested the platform and found it promising: I invested a little bit.
Do you know if the likke asset will be tradeable on others exchanges ?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:15:11 AM

Interesting: I have tested the platform and found it promising: I invested a little bit.
Do you know if the likke asset will be tradeable on others exchanges ?

It is planned to get LKK on other exchanges as well.

Opossum Minister

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:16:30 AM

Can people in the US use the Lykke wallet yet? I D/L'd the app, but it told me that if I lived in the US I could not use it yet? Has theat been fixed, and is there any way to invest in Lykke right now (For USAans) ahead of the wallet?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: