Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FrozenCPU looking to start selling ATI cards for miners.  (Read 3138 times)
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:02:32 AM

I say this as one of my 3x HD 5970 rigs that pulls 950w from the wall runs on a 3x120mm radiator with core temps about 20C above ambient.

Since you bring up this topic, and you definitely have more experience in water cooling than I have.

I am planning to WC (GPU core only) 3x7950 or 2x7970+1x7950 on a single 360 rad, I think each of them draw less power than a 5970 does.

if you say only 20C above ambient, what kind of fan speed we are talking about here?  I prepared 3 fans of 1200 rpm, will that be enough?

I'm running push-pull with I believe 70 cfm fans. It is by no means quiet but it is quieter than the stock solution. Be very careful in watercooling just the cores. Make sure you get sufficient airflow over the VRM and memory(especially if LTC mining) or you will burn up your cards very quickly. I imagine 3x HD 7950s just cooling the cores would only be around 500-600w and in my opinion you'd be fine on a similar setup. Keep in mind I am by no means a watercooling guru. I bought a bunch of parts, it worked, and I haven't touched it in over a year.

Buy a silver killcoil and distilled water. I have had minimal buildup in the lines or the blocks that have clear arcylic tops with only topping off the reservoir every other month. Just about as maintenance free as it gets.

thanks for the reply, the fans I got have 58 CFM, and I got like 50 small pieces of heatsink I have to stick them on VRM and memory.....that will really take a while........

Be careful with adhesive attached heatsinks and heat. I had an adhesive backed heatsink fall off a card and drop onto a lower card and roast the lower card due to shorting out connections.
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:56:56 AM

Hi all!

I work over at FrozenCPU.com. I was asking the boss if he would be interested in getting some cards for miners because I have gotten alot of email requests for watercooling those cards for mining.

There was no mention that he would be "watercooling them", just that there was a request for watercooling. His interest as stated, was, "I was asking the boss if he would be interested in getting some cards for miners".

The "because" is redundant and useless banter... "because I have gotten alot of email requests for watercooling those cards for mining."

But I digress...

I'll take the XTX cards you are having "difficulties with"... They all work fine for me.

Not to be a jerk, but what the hell are you talking about?

We would like to know if you would like the service of getting a 7950/7970 with a waterblock already installed ready to go?

FrozenCPU specializes in PC mod parts, specifically cooling, and in large part watercooling. They are not a GPU wholesaler, as I've heard the margins are fairly thin on such things, and I imagine it is implied that they would be "getting some cards" new or wholesale, and dropping WC setups on to them for miners.

I wouldn't have brought it up, but your arrogant tone in this thread is rather grating.
ryantc

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:03:13 PM

I say this as one of my 3x HD 5970 rigs that pulls 950w from the wall runs on a 3x120mm radiator with core temps about 20C above ambient.

Since you bring up this topic, and you definitely have more experience in water cooling than I have.

I am planning to WC (GPU core only) 3x7950 or 2x7970+1x7950 on a single 360 rad, I think each of them draw less power than a 5970 does.

if you say only 20C above ambient, what kind of fan speed we are talking about here?  I prepared 3 fans of 1200 rpm, will that be enough?

I'm running push-pull with I believe 70 cfm fans. It is by no means quiet but it is quieter than the stock solution. Be very careful in watercooling just the cores. Make sure you get sufficient airflow over the VRM and memory(especially if LTC mining) or you will burn up your cards very quickly. I imagine 3x HD 7950s just cooling the cores would only be around 500-600w and in my opinion you'd be fine on a similar setup. Keep in mind I am by no means a watercooling guru. I bought a bunch of parts, it worked, and I haven't touched it in over a year.

Buy a silver killcoil and distilled water. I have had minimal buildup in the lines or the blocks that have clear arcylic tops with only topping off the reservoir every other month. Just about as maintenance free as it gets.

thanks for the reply, the fans I got have 58 CFM, and I got like 50 small pieces of heatsink I have to stick them on VRM and memory.....that will really take a while........

Be careful with adhesive attached heatsinks and heat. I had an adhesive backed heatsink fall off a card and drop onto a lower card and roast the lower card due to shorting out connections.

that's my concern as well, so I bought some 3M 467MP, the seller told me once you stick it you can never expect to take it off........
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:06:23 PM

I would suggest FrozenCPU also stock in some pre-modded 1x to 1x risers and their kin, I don't think LTC mining is going away any time soon from all the new GPU mining threads popping up.  It would be nice to not have to go to ebay to get them with long shipping times.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
ryantc

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:16:50 AM

is FrozenCPU sending order via UPSP to Canada or UPS?
I don't mind to wait longer but deal with UPS an do a self-clearing is really pain.
If I don't do it myself UPS will end up charging approx 50% of my order value as there "service fees" in additional to tax.
vonross2012

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:29:30 PM

Please stock a low cost Open Air case solution for 8 GPU's.
Please stock Dummy Plugs
Please stock 7950's for less than 300 each or mabe sell them in a 5 pack and please give lower price NOT free games.
Please stock 7970's for less than 400 eash or mabe sell them in a 5 pack and please give lower price NOT free games.
Please stock 1x to 1x pcie risers
Please stock 1x to 16x pcie risers with and without molex
please stock 8x to 16x pcie risers with and without molex
please stock Add2PSU Multiple Power Supply Adapter
Please stock 1600w psu
Please stock Supermicro RSC-R2UU-3E8G 2U Left Slot Riser Card Havn't tried it yet but looks promising.
Please stock a Motherboard, memory, cpu combo pack just for miners mabe include add2psu or a super huge psu to run 8 GPU's

well thats my list that i can think of for my ideal store.  I'm sure im missing something.

cool
frojoe (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:39:00 PM

you would be selling the cards or I can mail you a card and you ship it back with everything installed?
I would send you 2 7990s by powercolor.

Sorry for the wait. We do offer to install the blocks on the cards already but we are looking into getting cards and having them installed and ready to go.

If you already purchased the card and want the block installed shoot me an email at joe@frozencpu.com
frojoe (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:42:26 PM

is FrozenCPU sending order via UPSP to Canada or UPS?
I don't mind to wait longer but deal with UPS an do a self-clearing is really pain.
If I don't do it myself UPS will end up charging approx 50% of my order value as there "service fees" in additional to tax.

We offer both methods of shipping.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:14:50 PM

I think the best option would be a watercooled 7950, without the game codes for a cheaper price, and a model with unlocked voltages.

EngMan

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:19:23 PM

It would be nice to if you actually had ANY waterblocks for 7950's in stock. I've looked about 3 times over the last 4 months and you only have a backplane that is OOS and a bracket. So you've already lost a lot of potential miner watercooling business by not stocking the basics.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area? I'm in the Liquid Cooling --> Water Blocks VGA ATI ---> 7950 and nada useful items for me.

Sorry, I'm all sold out of x6500's.
frojoe (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:15:57 PM

It would be nice to if you actually had ANY waterblocks for 7950's in stock. I've looked about 3 times over the last 4 months and you only have a backplane that is OOS and a bracket. So you've already lost a lot of potential miner watercooling business by not stocking the basics.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area? I'm in the Liquid Cooling --> Water Blocks VGA ATI ---> 7950 and nada useful items for me.

We are actually waiting on a shipment from EK. They are currently making a run of 7950 blocks.
vonross2012

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:44:23 PM

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell 7970's and 7950's  in

OEM Bulk !
Magnate

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:25:20 PM

What would be good is-

-OEM packaging without all the extra fluff like games codes etc. But I understand this is coming from ATI not the vendors
-Cards with unlocked clocks and voltages. What is the point of water cooling if the clock/mem speed is limited?
-Cards with no heat sinks, and the user can select their cooling system from your stock (and keep decent stock!)
-Cards with dual 7950 chips. I'm more into LTC with GPU mining, and the 7950 seems to be the best performance/$/watt.
-Since you are now the distributor give us awesome pricing

If you could turn the ram speed up way high for LTC (ie 1800mhz instead of 1500mhz) then you could start using more GPU clock too (around 1250 instead of ). Currently with LTC you clock the memory as high as it will go, then start low with the GPU and slowly turn it back up til you find the sweet spot. Usually around standard clock settings- typically 70% of the memory clock. The heat generated typically isn't as bad as BTC mining with higher GPU settings, but turning off the memry clock limit would really unleash some power
Magnate

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:28:55 PM

a 7950 board with clock and voltage limits turned off and user closeable heat sink would be a great start if you can do it fairly quickly

but then follow up with a dual 8950 when that series of chips come out!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: