Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:35:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can BTC.com Be Trusted?  (Read 1292 times)
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 02:28:23 AM

Hey,

I saw that BTC.com was added to this list: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet (in the web section). Can I trust it? Anyone know how good it is? What features do they have?

Thanks.

coinbitte

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:01:27 AM

Hey,

I saw that BTC.com was added to this list: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet (in the web section). Can I trust it? Anyone know how good it is? What features do they have?

Thanks.

Who knows, but at least the domain BTC.com itself worth a lot.

I'm growing my BTCs by 0.72-1.44% each day on https://bitcoinprofit.net/boss/coinbitte
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6175

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:11:47 AM

I have used them myself and I'm still using them for several months now, I must say that I'm very satisfied with their services when It comes to the Web wallet but the phone wallet is definitely a little buggy. The wallet was previously known as Blocktrail and now It got acquired by Bitmain so there is nothing to be worried about.

I can only recommend downloading the PDF file they gave you when you first made the wallet, It should help you recover your wallet In case the service close or they go down for one reason or another.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 07:39:21 AM

I have used them myself and I'm still using them for several months now, I must say that I'm very satisfied with their services when It comes to the Web wallet but the phone wallet is definitely a little buggy. The wallet was previously known as Blocktrail and now It got acquired by Bitmain so there is nothing to be worried about.

I can only recommend downloading the PDF file they gave you when you first made the wallet, It should help you recover your wallet In case the service close or they go down for one reason or another.

Hm, I decided to go with BitPay Wallet instead. I know BitPay and so I feel like I can trust them more. Also they have a few integrations which is cool

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:53:40 AM

If you are fine with having your bitcoin stored online by a third party then BTC.com is as good as any other web wallet.

Bitmain is known Bitcoin Unlimited supporter so in case of possible hard fork in the future, your coins stored there will probably magically shift to Bitcoin Unlimited tokens Smiley

nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 07:56:14 AM

If you are fine with having your bitcoin stored online by a third party then BTC.com is as good as any other web wallet.

Bitmain is known Bitcoin Unlimited supporter so in case of possible hard fork in the future, your coins stored there will probably magically shift to Bitcoin Unlimited tokens Smiley

One more thing. The creators are Chinese right? I dont know what that entails, but doesnt the government have a lot of power over these companies?

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 11:26:04 AM

As to me, that's one of the reasons to stay away from them

Whenever and wherever politics is involved, ordinary people are most likely set to suffer and lose at the end of the day. So don't get surprised when Bitcoin Unlimited suddenly dies, your bitcoins will just magically disappear altogether. If you have a decent amount of bitcoins, it seems that your only viable option is paper wallet. I wouldn't trust so many coins even to a desktop wallet since you can't be 100% sure the codebase hasn't been tainted or tampered with. And this is apart from regular threats like viruses, trojans and keyloggers

naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:30:08 AM

Hey,

Thanks.

I have never used a website that you say, to be safe, you should use the wallet that has proven its credibility. There are two options for you, an online wallet for you to use, coinbase is the safest option. On the other hand, an offline wallet on your own device is always safer. The electrum is a handy wallet if you want to use an offline wallet. Be careful when using any wallet. Remember that it will be the place to hold all your money.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:37:27 AM

Whenever and wherever politics is involved, ordinary people are most likely set to suffer and lose at the end of the day. So don't get surprised when Bitcoin Unlimited suddenly dies, your bitcoins will just magically disappear altogether. If you have a decent amount of bitcoins, it seems that your only viable option is paper wallet. I wouldn't trust so many coins even to a desktop wallet since you can't be 100% sure the codebase hasn't been tainted or tampered with. And this is apart from regular threats like viruses, trojans and keyloggers

Yes. Every movement now is really unsafe.
Just a wrong log in or sign up to one website could make it all disappear.
Hacking have been easy to many people even those who are just internet savvies. Thank to damn Youtube.
A problem which is lurking with the bitcoin community. Just seeing how valuable it is, hackers would love just to get one.
Paper wallet is the safest because of its physical entity. But the problem is its expensive and the availability.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:44:24 AM

If you have correlation in the usage of bitcoin web wallet within several wallets that are existing regularly can try blockchain wallet. This gives a great convenience and usage of bitcoin with much ease and increased security.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
citywise2

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:47:11 AM

I think i have come across btc.com sometime ago but i don't know how it works. I think it is my opportunity to give a try to see their quality. Some time we need to give some of this sites a try to see their ability.
Anon TumbleBit

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:00:51 PM

It is bitmain's domain, aka antpool's domain, this is owned by a huge Chinese mining company. It should be reliable.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:07:29 PM

Hey,

Thanks.

AFAIK, btc.com wallet service is actually provided by the team behind blocktrail.com. It is more or less same as of the erstwhile blocktrail.com wallet.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 12:19:01 PM

Yes. Every movement now is really unsafe.
Just a wrong log in or sign up to one website could make it all disappear.
Hacking have been easy to many people even those who are just internet savvies. Thank to damn Youtube.
A problem which is lurking with the bitcoin community. Just seeing how valuable it is, hackers would love just to get one.
Paper wallet is the safest because of its physical entity. But the problem is its expensive and the availability

It is available to anyone with a printer or a pen

You just have to have plenty of bitcoins which you don't intend to spend any time soon to make its use justifiable. I suspect that you are confusing paper wallets with hardware wallets (the latter can in fact be expensive and not easily available). Paper wallet is just a sheet of paper on which you print out (write down) your private-public key pair (possibly encrypted with a password) and put it in a safe place. It is no more expensive that the price of that sheet of paper and the ink which you print the keys with

1apps

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:07:09 PM

Hey,

Thanks.

50K alexa means pretty busy

2.5 Million pages indexed WTF are they creating to have so many pages indexed?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6175

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

50K alexa means pretty busy

2.5 Million pages indexed WTF are they creating to have so many pages indexed?

It's probably due to the fact that they are a blockexplorer so you could find a lot of addresses already indexed in pages If you google for them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:16:30 PM

It's alright, you might want to scan it just in case there was a private owner or the webmaster decided to go the other direction.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Premium Bit

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:48:05 PM

Hey,

Thanks.

Who knows, but at least the domain BTC.com itself worth a lot.

Right, the BTC.com domain was paid $1 million a few years ago so that should be verifying that they are serious about their business. However, I have never used their services.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 11:12:15 PM

Arent we in control of the coins thought. Thats what the bitcoin website says. In that case, cant we use some software to extract and move our bitcoins?

steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:24:55 AM

I think this site can be trusted and will not have a problem in the future. I research a little and review the site and the site say it all example is the site is more than 20 years old Its domain was registered March 25, 1997 and Expire in March 26, 2023 plus they have a secure connection. The site also is gaining more views of 49,905 one the most popular website in the world. So I think this site can be trusted.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: