Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:02:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's this prediction trustable?  (Read 856 times)
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:55:37 PM

Hi guys, I found this predicition at jdbif7.blogspot.com

"JDBIF algorithm predicts for right now, Current UTC time is: Thursday, April 25, 2013 MtGox Price now is: US$ 154.98 (even with some pullbacks at US$120 limit) a strong raise until US$ 200-210 range where we should see some strong pullbacks again. Trend is def going up."

and price hit US$ 120 just some hours later, and started raising again. Do you think it will go to US$ 200 again, as it says, or even more? Or not?
Thanks for your opinion on this.
genpayne

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:58:20 PM

Long term i see it easily hitting $200 and considerably higher.

Short term I haven't a clue. I would say it shant drop below $120 again for more than a couple of days in the foreseeable future, but this is only my personal view.
Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:59:48 PM

I am a member of an online community that is in Internet Marketing ... and a LOT of them seem to think BTC is going to hit the 1,000 range by the end of this year.

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:03:45 PM

This prediction notwithstanding, anyone claiming a 99.99% on a forward basis is full of sh*t.
flora_digitalis

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:06:05 PM

Nobody knows the future, but predictions are always fun.

Seriously: I just don't know. And I don't care that much, because I just want to use bitcoin for real trade and not for speculation.

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:08:35 PM

Long term i see it easily hitting $200 and considerably higher.

Short term I haven't a clue. I would say it shant drop below $120 again for more than a couple of days in the foreseeable future, but this is only my personal view.

thanks for your opinion.
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:09:05 PM

I am a member of an online community that is in Internet Marketing ... and a LOT of them seem to think BTC is going to hit the 1,000 range by the end of this year.

what community, could you share? I'm interested.
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:10:59 PM

This prediction notwithstanding, anyone claiming a 99.99% on a forward basis is full of sh*t.

But the difference between 120.00 (the prediction) and 120.01 (the fact) it is in fact less than 0.01% . Is this not really 99.99% accurated?
Why is bullsh*t? Numbers are there, I can't understand... Explain me better, I don't get it... Sorry if I am dumb.
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:11:43 PM

Seriously: I just don't know. And I don't care that much, because I just want to use bitcoin for real trade and not for speculation.

What is the difference? How you can trade without speculate if price is going up or down?
flora_digitalis

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

What is the difference? How you can trade without speculate if price is going up or down?

Real trade. Trading in goods / services. Just using it like cash.

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:17:20 PM

But the difference between 120.00 (the prediction) and 120.01 (the fact) it is in fact less than 0.01% . Is this not really 99.99% accurated?
Why is bullsh*t? Numbers are there, I can't understand... Explain me better, I don't get it... Sorry if I am dumb.

You're not dumb, I just meant that the language on that site is a bit misleading, ie. "our algorithm strikes again with 99.99% accuracy!". They just made one lucky guess. I have no idea if their algo is any good, but never trust anyone who claims they can predict the future. (If they could they'd be rich and wouldn't need your money.)
genpayne

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:17:29 PM

The reason it is bullshit is that for maths to predict the market they would need to process a colossal amount of information.

There are small groups of people in this forum who probably have the influence to cause a crash! People trust them so if they declared the system was hacked then people would sell like crazy and we would have a repeat of what happened a few days ago.
Why would they do this? Because they could make a fortune out of it.

Its just impossible to see things like that coming. If you want to use a computer for trading have it make decisions and trades in milliseconds.
But any prediction longer than that whether from a machine or human is an educated guess. To claim to be able to predict the market 99.99% long term is ridiculous
3gghead

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:28:23 PM

"JDBIF algorithm predicts for right now, Current UTC time is: Thursday, April 25, 2013 MtGox Price now is: US$ 154.98 (even with some pullbacks at US$120 limit) a strong raise until US$ 200-210 range where we should see some strong pullbacks again. Trend is def going up."

and price hit US$ 120 just some hours later, and started raising again. Do you think it will go to US$ 200 again, as it says, or even more? Or not?

When it's made public it's no longer a prediction.  At that point it's called an advertisement.
lukekole

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:34:52 PM

lol no he's trying to pump
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:46:16 PM

Because the prediction is not supported by anything that can be verified, there is no reason to believe that is might be accurate.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:48:51 AM

yeeee very interesting points of view, thanks you all guys.  Cool  I ll coment some ones.
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:51:02 AM

Real trade. Trading in goods / services. Just using it like cash.

Understood. Very nice. But do you agree people use real cash to speculate too, in wall street, etc.. They trade oil, silver, iron, this are real goods too. Or not?
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:01:02 AM

You're not dumb, I just meant that the language on that site is a bit misleading, ie. "our algorithm strikes again with 99.99% accuracy!". They just made one lucky guess. I have no idea if their algo is any good, but never trust anyone who claims they can predict the future. (If they could they'd be rich and wouldn't need your money.)

I checked better to see how much predicitons they released.
They released in essence 3 predictions, with the rights guesses followed with a "yahoo" post.
They made two lucky guess and one wrong since I discovered them.

http://jdbif7.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/early-prediction-prices-today-btc-just.html (wrong, until prices return to US$250)  Angry

http://jdbif7.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/blog-post_13.html (correct, strong movement came, but they didnt said in which direction, just gave the targets, one up and other down. Here they made the 1st 99%+ accuracy claimed. http://jdbif7.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/see-how-jdbif-predicted-us50-bottom.htmlUndecided

and here is the 3rd one, where they talked about the pullback, correct until now, pullback to US$120 just happened in a few hours, again with more than 99% accuracy. But needs to hit US$200 be to complete correct. Also, they predict another big pullback at US$200-US$210 range.
http://jdbif7.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/jdbif-algorithm-predicts-for-right-now.html  Smiley

To be honest, the language is not very clear, but I'm intrigued how they talked about early values so close with some antecipation. I will keep looking the post and report any news here. I guess it is too early to make some stats about how much times they are right or wrong. I hope they release others predictions soon. It is preety funny.  Tongue
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:01:47 AM

When it's made public it's no longer a prediction.  At that point it's called an advertisement.

Good one!  Grin
BTC_USER_014 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:02:16 AM

Because the prediction is not supported by anything that can be verified, there is no reason to believe that is might be accurate.

Makes sense.  Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: