Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:25:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @ the end of the BFL queue  (Read 6765 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:58:32 PM

Sure, but you would be the first to post a troll comment in there. Wow you are dense huh.

Name:   minternj
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   March 30, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

65 posts about BFL...

Josh's intern from a local college perhaps?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:04:11 PM

Get this through your pea brain. Post count in your case measures your inability to filter meaningful posts on topic with the thread in said discussion. Get a life get outside and meet some real people.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:09:25 PM

So namecalling/ad hominem-ing people you disagree with is somehow more meaningful, I see...
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:22:14 PM

Get this through your pea brain. Post count in your case measures your inability to filter meaningful posts on topic with the thread in said discussion. Get a life get outside and meet some real people.

The person(s) who spend all their time on these forums raging against those who criticize their employer tell me to get a life.
And just when I thought the irony couldn't get any thicker, we have a sockpuppet telling me about real people.
 Cheesy

minternj

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:27:47 PM

Wow nothing you just said made any sense.

Please try to take some time to brush the cheetos crumbs off your fat belly and stick to the topic on a thread. This is how adults have an conversation on the internet. Someone writes something meaningful on a topic and then someone replies. then a real conversation happens where someone , even though they may have differing ideas talk. Writing the same shit into every BFL tread makes you a troll with nothing new to add to the conversation us adults are trying to have.

if you find new info to flame BFL with, i'd welcome it.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:32:32 PM

Order now!!! You'll get it next week!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1084-if-i-order-now-when-will-i-get-my-order.html

The currently estimated shipping time frame if you were to order today is the end of April or Beginning of May. This is just an estimate, and until we know how many units we can produce per day and specifically when the bulk of our chips will be ready, we can't give a more accurate estimate.

Buy & Hold
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

Can we just sticky a BFL flame thread ? Would be better than seing BFL troll comments in EVERY thread, even none BFL related ones.

Here is my list:

Phinnaeus Gage
smoothie
k9quaint
Frizz23
muyuu
PuertoLibre
Bitsaurus

oh oh, please add more names to the list... remember the picture of the anti-BFL Clowns, those who questioned the optimistic power estimates and shipping dates BFL was dangling in front of their potential customers like a carrot, trying to do whatever they could to lure away customers from their competition?

4 months later and BFL still has to prove they can ship a working product comparable to the illustrious competitors.

To be on the list above seems more like a badge of honor...
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:17:35 PM

Can we just sticky a BFL flame thread ? Would be better than seing BFL troll comments in EVERY thread, even none BFL related ones.

Here is my list:

Phinnaeus Gage
smoothie
k9quaint
Frizz23
muyuu
PuertoLibre
Bitsaurus

oh oh, please add more names to the list... remember the picture of the anti-BFL Clowns, those who questioned the optimistic power estimates and shipping dates BFL was dangling in front of their potential customers like a carrot, trying to do whatever they could to lure away customers from their competition?

4 months later and BFL still has to prove they can ship a working product comparable to the illustrious competitors.

To be on the list above seems more like a badge of honor...

It actually is. I am going to die my avatar head red just for this occasion.
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:20:58 PM

Pizza was thousands of bitcoins, so look at it this way: you [may yet get] a 5 GHash miner for way way WAY less than a pizza! Plus a free single included! What a deal!!!

Cheesy

-MarkM-

The guy who ordered his pizza got it promptly.. If he "pre ordered" his Pizza a year in advance then it is a comparable transaction. 
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:48:27 PM

Pizza was thousands of bitcoins, so look at it this way: you [may yet get] a 5 GHash miner for way way WAY less than a pizza! Plus a free single included! What a deal!!!

Cheesy

-MarkM-

The guy who ordered his pizza got it promptly.. If he "pre ordered" his Pizza a year in advance then it is a comparable transaction. 

Amen.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:43:57 PM

Here is my list:

Phinnaeus Gage
smoothie
k9quaint
Frizz23
muyuu
PuertoLibre
Bitsaurus

I didn't intend to disturb.

Apologies.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:10:56 AM

This is exactly why you don't preorder anything.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:22:59 AM

Then how do they get the funding to order an ASIC wafer?

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:34:09 AM

Then how do they get the funding to order an ASIC wafer?

Normal people (who do not commit mail fraud to fund their schemes) put together a business plan, some expertise, and then get one or more investors to put the money up. Unfortunately for BFL, the pre-orders were the business model.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 12:54:43 AM

Here is my list:

Phinnaeus Gage
smoothie
k9quaint
Frizz23
muyuu
PuertoLibre
Bitsaurus

Look you two newbie fucktards, I am not a troll, and everything I do is for the betterment of Bitcoin including trying to protect bitcoiners from being ripped off. And I've done so at an ever increasing cost, both financial and physical.

Maybe if I wasn't stopped dead in my tracks during a preliminary InstaWallet investigation, perhaps I, among others, would still have their coins.

That said, I believe you owe each of us an apology, otherwise go suck each other's dicks, if that is at all possible, for I don't put it pass Josh's SEO knowledge to being hiding behind one, if not both of these recently registered user accounts.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

Here is my list:

Phinnaeus Gage
smoothie
k9quaint
Frizz23
muyuu
PuertoLibre
Bitsaurus

erk you have your head up your ass.  I have a BFL single and I am the original owner.  Obviously at one point in time I believed in BFL - far more so than you did that I was willing to risk my money.  That device has paid for itself and in that aspect BFL was successful for me.  Everything since then has been a steaming pile of poo... much like your list.

If BFL actually made a miner that did 1GH/watt I would applaud them even if it was late to the game sine everything with mining is not all about greed and making money.  Sadly they're barely more efficient than Avalon who managed to put a higher density standalone device almost 6 months before BFL.  What have BFL's preorder customers gained by choosing BFL?  The opportunity to pay for a device via wire transfer is the only advantage BFL has had in all of this.  The failed at being first.  They failed at density - a SC Single will be less dense than a 85GH/s Avalon.  They pretty much failed at energy efficiency - one of their main selling points.  They failed at customer PR - Yifu may talk smack, but Josh's mouth would make most sailors cringe.  Perhaps BFL's website is better than Avalon - I'll give them that.
ffernandex

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:35:51 AM

Getting back into topic, this is the BFL reply I got a couple days ago..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: New mail from contact form
To: Felipe

All of our current models are available for preorder on the website.

We are shipping 4.5 gh/s ASICs to developers early preorder customers.

Prepayment is the only method by which your preorder is entered into the queue.

We are working to start shipping in the next couple weeks and have a backlog in the queue,

so new pre-orders, regardless of product or power consumption,

will likely ship sometime in late August or early September, sooner if possible.

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
mindtomatter

Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:40:07 AM

Cheesy

-MarkM-

Amen.

This guy gets it.

It's not that BFL hasn't delivered - It's that they promised to deliver IN OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR and when they didn't make their date rather than giving their pre-order customers the option to get their money back, they refused refunds until JANUARY at which point they only offered refunds for the USD value rather than the number of bitcoins paid.

I paid 24BTC for a jalep, got back 11BTC in January and I'm glad I did because even with that 40% refund I could buy 10 Jalep once they're actually manufactured and shipping them.

It's fine if the plan changes - Shit happens in real life, and manufacturing products is hard.   But to give a release date and take peoples money is just wrong if you're not absolutely sure you're going to hit it, and the fact that we're now more than 6 months past that original ship-date and they're still popping out a few units at a time is just embarrassing.  

Add to that the continued pre-sale of units when the UNITS THEMSELVES RELY ON BEING RARE TO BE VALUABLE is insane.  At the point they figured out they weren't going to hit their deadline they should have stopped accepting pre-orders until they were sure of a release date, but that didn't happen.   In fact you can still pre-order today.    

Bitcoin is self adjusting, I'm not really sure why more people aren't upset about this - By increasing the number of pre-sale units, every buyer who came before and paid a higher price (relatively speaking) is having their investment devalued because the block reward "pie" gets split up between more and more power, meaning whatever they bought last year will earn less and less.

If they had released on time, again - not a big deal - This is the normal progression of Bitcoin, mining gets harder, rewards go down relative to power.

But by selling all these pre-orders, BFL sucked up the money that would have otherwise gone into building or buying other mining equipment - It shifted that money into whatever point BFL actually releases product to all the pre-orders, at which point there will be a HUGE spike in network power, we'll burn through the blocks until the difficulty resets, and then it'll be just like we never moved to ASICs except there will be more people getting a share of the same size pie.

Again, compare to releasing on time where the equipment is in use, there is a meaningful bump in network power but it's more gradual for new people to come in over time.  Difficulty goes up more gradually, so people who bought early are able to earn rewards to accomodate their risk.

BFL just needs to learn to communicate with its customers rather than making promises they aren't sure they can keep, and then deflect until it gets so bad that it can't be ignored, and then deflect some more.  Manufacturing product is hard, so if you're going to take peoples money in advance you need to be a professional.  That is clearly not the case here, and based on their continued behavior both from official representatives who are combative at best and downright insulting many times (not to me, from my observations) it appears they see no problem with their behavior.

That's too bad.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
mindtomatter

Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:41:21 AM

We are working to start shipping in the next couple weeks and have a backlog in the queue,

will likely ship sometime in late August or early September, sooner if possible.

This is exactly the problem, more estimates and yet more demands for money up-front from "customers"   Honestly might as well call them donators at this point

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:42:14 AM

They probably need to update that message, they no longer have a 4.5GHs model.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: