Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:28:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help setting up Antminer L3+  (Read 3964 times)
maxieboy97 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:18:58 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 11:29:48 PM by maxieboy97

Hi Everyone. I'm brand new to mining. Just picked up an Antminer L3+ and need someone to walk me through the steps to set up. Is anyone here willing to help me with that. I'm willing to pay you for your services. Let me know.
Thanks!
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:55:52 AM

Do you have a power supply ready?  Do you need help with that part too?

Basically you need a computer power supply with enough wattage and enough PCIe connectors.  Plug an ethernet cable into the miner.  Connect the PCIe cables from the power supply.  Make sure the power supply is jumpered so that it works without being in a computer.  Connect the power supply to the outlet and then turn it on.  Find out what IP address the miner got on the network, porbably check your router DHCP table for that.  Enter the IP address into your browser.  Then configure mining pools.
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:17:41 AM

Isn't the L3+ not being sent out due to firmware issue? How did you get one ;O.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
maxieboy97 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:24:01 AM

I have one scheduled to be shipped the first part of May. I've had no notice of a firmware issue. Where do you get that information?
maxieboy97 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:30:25 AM

Basically you need a computer power supply with enough wattage and enough PCIe connectors.  Plug an ethernet cable into the miner.  Connect the PCIe cables from the power supply.  Make sure the power supply is jumpered so that it works without being in a computer.  Connect the power supply to the outlet and then turn it on.  Find out what IP address the miner got on the network, porbably check your router DHCP table for that.  Enter the IP address into your browser.  Then configure mining pools.

Thanks! That definitely helps. I do have a power supply and a break out board. Not sure what you mean when you say that the power supply needs to be jumpered
bearsworth

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:36:27 AM

I have one scheduled to be shipped the first part of May. I've had no notice of a firmware issue. Where do you get that information?

Oh okay, it sounded like you had it already. Nevermind.

maxieboy97 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:45:25 AM

What did you hear about the firmware issue?
bearsworth

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:53:20 AM

It's supposedly affecting April batch so it just delays them. I'm not sure if May will have issues.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:03:09 PM

Thanks! That definitely helps. I do have a power supply and a break out board. Not sure what you mean when you say that the power supply needs to be jumpered

If you have a breakout board I believe that means you have a server power supply.  I am not familiar with using those to power miners.  But if you are using a regular PC power supply it won't turn on without being plugged into a motherboard so the way you get around that is to jumper two pins in the motherboard connector. 

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/

I just cut off a bend from a large paperclip and plug it in to the two pins needed.
maxieboy97 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:39:08 PM

Thanks for the help
bearsworth

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:57:03 PM

If you check the other antminer threads, they are having a delay due to 'firmware' issues. It may or may not be true, but it's delaying the April Batch.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: