Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:59:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Bitcoin is a store of value, or a payment system?
Store of value
Payment system
Neither
Both
It depends

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin digital gold or digital cash?  (Read 11980 times)
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:45:32 PM

For me its both, soon using bitcoin in bills and other payments will conceptualize bitcoin as cash and the possibility of profit just by saving bitcoin only means it can be slightly considered as gold. Bitcoin has the same features as cash and gold it just don't have enough power to gain control and be considered as global currency, and the features of bitcoin is somehow questionable because of the anonymous transactions, I mean it can be used in many illegal ways.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:10:52 PM

for me it's both too that Store of value because if i store my bitcoin and hold for long term it will more valuable than now and Payment system because bitcoin can use for buying several needs just like traditional currency and bitcoin is not gold but in the future it will more shiny than gold
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:07:56 PM

Bitcoin is a digital cash and not to compares from gold because it's totally different due to gold is a mineral type and bitcoin is money which could be used to transact payments online and it's a unique type of currency. Gold is not a currency and it's just a form of material having precious value and established to be having a price which is sold to the consumers and most people liked to use it as jewelry and collection as well as investments. Digital cash from bitcoin is profitable and can be used for daily living which is for our spending.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 08:18:43 PM

As Ive see bitcoin be serves as gold and cash because  for giving fast transactions all the way. It is served bitcoin as digital currency that may use by anyone. Giving a long term investment because of its price is increasing thats why it can serves a bitcoin digital gold.

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:08:04 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is an assets for me which but I could also says its money because I can convert it into a real cash. Moreover, as we going to look at it it is actually used as online payment or electronically used in online business mode of payment. Meaning, Bitcoin is not like a gold. Wink
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:14:36 PM

it's a speculative asset.

it's definitely not usable like cash any more considering the fees. you'd also have to be excessively confident to treat it as a serious store of value. both purposes might come in time but not any time soon.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:41:48 PM

Bitcoin is a digital platinum, not a gold or silver. It's not a digital cash since you cannot cash your bitcoin out.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:49:57 PM

Bitcoin is a digital platinum, not a gold or silver. It's not a digital cash since you cannot cash your bitcoin out.

There are only two options and you will only pick either digital gold or digital cash and digital playinum is not one of them. About cashing out, yes,bitcoin can't be cash out literally, but it can be comverted to fiat so the user can still use it. But it says digital, cashing out a digital currency is absurd. That is why they are converting it. For me it is a digital gold because, mostly they use it as an asset, most of the users save bitckin and use it when the price is good.
Haladay

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:57:15 PM

There are only two options and you will only pick either digital gold or digital cash and digital playinum is not one of them. About cashing out, yes,bitcoin can't be cash out literally, but it can be comverted to fiat so the user can still use it. But it says digital, cashing out a digital currency is absurd. That is why they are converting it. For me it is a digital gold because, mostly they use it as an asset, most of the users save bitckin and use it when the price is good.

Yes your comment is true, yet I just see it as Platinum not Gold. That's all Smiley
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:02:05 PM

I agree with you, I consider bitcoin like a digital gold. because i think it's a very good investment when we talk to hold it, so most of the users save bitcoin and use it when the price is good like you said. include me, I saving about 60-70% of my monthly income, and use the rest  to buying things or maybe to convert it into fiat.

LivingDeath

Activity: 443

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:14:24 PM

It is like gold - both. Remember, there was a time when people payed with gold coins. And they also could storage it. And it could be mined. Maybe its even better than gold.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:16:08 AM

It is like gold - both. Remember, there was a time when people payed with gold coins. And they also could storage it. And it could be mined. Maybe its even better than gold.
it's true bitcoin more suitable called digital gold and bitcoin can be used as an investment just like gold. in ancient times gold was used as a means of payment same as bitcoin now. for polls I chose it depend because on the user bitcoin itself what to make.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:55:00 PM

I chose both because for me, Bitcoin has the characteristics of both cash and Gold. It can be used on remittances and can also be use to buy something in some online shops that accept Bitcoin as a payment. It also has the characteristic of a Gold that its value sometimes increases and sometimes decreases depending on its market.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

I voted that Bitcoin represents both digital gold and digital cash, and it's relatively easy to see why I would vote for that (and why a lot of other people also voted for that option). Bitcoin is valuable, it is rare and will likely retain value for a long time, like what you would expect from gold, while it can also be used relatively efficiently through the blockchain network that has been developed and, relatively, a lot of vendors do accept Bitcoin, making Bitcoin similar to a digital cash.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

For me bitcoin is a dynamic store of value and an asset to invest. For me bitcoin can fetch a much higher return than any other asset present in the market as on today. I invest in bitcoin because I know and I believe in its potential. Gold is also an asset but it's a physical asset. Gold has many other uses than just an investment. So I really don't want to keep gold and bitcoin in the same position.

Rather, I will say bitcoin is a digital asset with far more potential than gold to perform better than any other asset class. So it is a store of value with dynamic pricing and higher potential. Let me put it that way.

MioTaiHeo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:51:45 PM

For me, bitcoin is more like digital gold. It is heavily mined, its stock is limited, its value is constantly growing. Everything is like gold.
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:57:37 PM

it's a speculative asset.

it's definitely not usable like cash any more considering the fees. you'd also have to be excessively confident to treat it as a serious store of value. both purposes might come in time but not any time soon.
to me i think it can be use as physical cash, we can see that bitcoin s already using as online cash for online shopping in most of online shops, wile in some places it is even usable in offline shops for shopping, so i will like to say that bitcoin is an online cash which can be use for both line as well as offline shopping.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
johnnyyash

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:38:30 PM

Bitcoin is both digital gold as well as Digital currency.
Bitcoin can be used as cash to buy products.
At the same time,since bitcoin price is constantly increasing,it can be stored as a long term investment.thus it may be called as Digital gold.
I agree with you..Btc can be used to buy products cause its also a digital currency...
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:56:46 PM

Bitcoin is created to be a digital currency and use as payment method but it seems people also acknowledge Bitcoin as store of value, meaning it can be a digital gold. With these, I can say Bitcoin is both digital cash and digital gold since the feature Bitcoin both covers the function of this two option.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:21:07 AM

it has both the property fo digital cash, but also a store of value, because digital cash would not have any store of value, all the fiat currency are the worst thing to hold for a long time, you would only lose money

bitcoin it's like gold that was turned to cash and can be used far more easily than carrying gold around, the similarity is also very obvious, like the mining aspect, probably satoshi was inspired by a variant of gold that do not require trust and was decentralized

Without a level of utility value, bitcoin cannot be a store of value.

what do you mean , bitcoin is accepted in many shop, therefore there is a utility and consequently a store of value
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: