Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please bail me out - I'm an idiot bought mining gear at the peak  (Read 21367 times)
finnthecelt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:17:50 PM

Are you guy who posted to Reddit saying something like "just some casual mining" and showed box after box of computer equipment in a rented storage locker?

What's with the box of gpu's on the bottom left? Seems like a strange way to stage.... I smell something strange here....

This could be a bunch of used gear being resold or already mined to death and he wants an upgrade. Could you also post a copy of your invoice with sales date please.....?

Proceed with caution. Not accusing him but.....just sayin'.

lol... u guys are retarded.. I've been on the phone with several buyers, taken people into my basement in person and am still selling as i speak on another thread.. why is it so hard to believe that someone is selling bitcoin mining gear on a bitcoin mining forum?  Where do u think this 10 terahashes is coming from god?

Exactly what is the supposed grand conspiracy here?  Am i suppose to be with the New world order selling 10,000$ worth of crap online to discredit bitcoin to prop up bilderberg group or what?  And exactly how does shit accomplish that anyway?  LOL..

Anyway dealing with people on here has taught me one thing.. thank god for return policies. 

You shouldn't take it personally especially considering there may be (may) a theft in progress. Someone selling gear through the forum.....

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21325.100;topicseen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beeph (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:23:58 PM

so why are you posting this in my thread?  I've done nothing wrong to anyone and I think all the people I've dealt with would agree.  I'm a guy just trying to sell crap.. I dont need you fucking slandering my name and making groundless accusations or hinting that a pile of graphics cards in a box is what a scheme to do what exactly?   I'm not a fucking scammer, im not a troll, I'm not fucking selling fake shit.. that is my shit in the damn photograph right there, what more fucking proof do you idiots want?  If you got money you can come to my house and see it running IN PERSON.  I live in SCHAUMBURG IL, right off I-90, I'm not taking you into my 400,000$ house to try to pull a 200$ graphics card scam.

If some other guy is stealing shit go POST in his thread and slander his name. 
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 07:28:19 PM

And I quote:
You shouldn't take it personally

And then that's exactly what you did.

Classy.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
beeph (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:32:01 PM

And I quote:
You shouldn't take it personally

And then that's exactly what you did.

Classy.

why wouldnt i take it personally?  Call someone a scammer/troll/thief but 'dont take it personal'?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 07:36:30 PM

Not accusing him but.....just sayin'.

Then you flip out.

Then he says, "chill, this OTHER GUY looks like he's scamming, so that's raised the paranoia level some"

Then you flip out worse.

Dude. Breathe.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:42:59 PM

Well now I feel bad for yelling at all the people who made those little spreadsheets and proclaimed doom on mining. Some people need to read those things I guess. I also feel bad for laughing a little bit while reading the OP (mostly the bit about flies).

So anywho. Yowza. 10 grand that's an ugly figure. It sounds like you built somewhat inefficiently, but better than most (1.2Mhash/$?) are doing these days (6990s will be < 1Mhash/$, sigh). It's bad to make rash decisions though, as evidenced by where you are now.

Stop, breathe deeply and calmly consider your situation. How much will you eat in terms of return restocking fees and whatnot? How much of your sunk costs are you never going to recuperate unless you mine? As others suggested, can you repurpose some of the things you cannot get a good return on?

I personally wouldn't say mining is dead yet, you might still eek out some returns. I pay 40¢ (yes FORTY) / kWh, and while its true that I built super efficiently and got in months ago, that's still a heavy cost, and I'm still way in the black. And if you can make a modest return (say 50% ROI) and then drop the hardware to cover the rest in a couple months that's not something to panic about just yet. Might even come out ahead.

So stop and calmly analyze the situation and your options. That's my advice.

@OP if he can be happy @40¢ (yes FORTY) / kWh:

+1
Return nothing | Stop all sales, IMO >> Set-up >> Optimize >> Profit >> Don't panic sell either
Do some short-term trading and soon you will be amazed at your returns  Smiley
Sell (Some) On Rallies | Buy-Back More @ Lower Prices

You are in over $10 Grand: Stay in and enjoy the Ride!

beeph (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:44:16 PM

Not accusing him but.....just sayin'.

Then you flip out.

Then he says, "chill, this OTHER GUY looks like he's scamming, so that's raised the paranoia level some"

Then you flip out worse.

Dude. Breathe.

OK 'dude' I'm breathing... scammers exist.. holy crap.. thanks for the update.

Scammers dont show you where they live.. scammers dont let you pay them with a credit card.. scammers for the most part arent 35 year old white guys selling shit in the burbs..
Chucksta

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:44:51 PM

Jeez, man, you should have put all that together and been mining.

Would have had a nice bit of money so far. And with NMC and BTC to jump between, this mining thing may take a while to die. I've been waiting and predicting the end, but the biatch just won't give up.

It it lasts till the end of August, I'm gonna have to figure out a way to monitor my miners while on Holiday in the Dam !!!!
beeph (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:47:40 PM

Jeez, man, you should have put all that together and been mining.

Would have had a nice bit of money so far. And with NMC and BTC to jump between, this mining thing may take a while to die. I've been waiting and predicting the end, but the biatch just won't give up.

It it lasts till the end of August, I'm gonna have to figure out a way to monitor my miners while on Holiday in the Dam !!!!

it's running as we speak.. the power costs are too high and the heat is too much.. its just too much hassle for me..  if you're a yougner guy who wants hardware that at least partially pays for itself, if u live in a low-cost energy state, etc.. this stuff is for you, if not.. dont buy it.  I dont want to sell it to someone and have them be unhappy with it.

the center box is running windows on an MSI and I cant get the miner to work it gives an error 'The application has incorrect configuration please try reinstalling' or some error like that, but the linux boxes are all up and running and fairly pain-free.. other than the heat and the flies and the chicago Obama-power energy rates.

I've been through the driver conflicts, mismatches, faulty power supplies, cable issues, the stuff runs and it works and im selling it pretty much at cost and going out of my way to help people get it working for them.. its a good deal if you want to get into the mining game withotu alot of heartache.  When the craze is over or difficulty gets too high, you can sell the stuff on ebay or just game with the graphics cards.  I just dont have the time and energy for all that nonsense..  

I will provide any proof or whatever pictures u need.. I prefer getting paid in cash.. if you yourself happen to be a scammer, dont bother.. I've run a business with mil+ revenues and had a fraud rate under 1%.. I take proper precuations to make sure both sides get what they want.  I get ID's and provide my own ID, etc, I have a corporation in IL with invoices, all that stuff.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 07:53:38 PM

Scammers dont show you where they live.. scammers dont let you pay them with a credit card.. scammers for the most part arent 35 year old white guys selling shit in the burbs..

All true. But you have to understand that the other thread has really driven home the whole 'Caveat Emptor' thing.

So when someone looks cross-eyed at your offering, and says, "Well, I donno...."

Maybe we don't go all ballistic on them?

('cause you know, flipping out really attracts the buyers)

beeph (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:56:06 PM

All true. But you have to understand that the other thread has really driven home the whole 'Caveat Emptor' thing.

So when someone looks cross-eyed at your offering, and says, "Well, I donno...."

Maybe we don't go all ballistic on them?

('cause you know, flipping out really attracts the buyers)

It does.. by the way.. buyers arent afraid of being 'yelled at', they're afraid of not getting what they paid for.. I've sold more crap online than you'll sell in your entire life..   I've got a 5000+ verified paypal ( which by the way is the 17th paypal ever registered ), i know the founders )
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 08:01:11 PM

It does.. by the way.. buyers arent afraid of being 'yelled at', they're afraid of not getting what they paid for.. I've sold more crap online than you'll sell in your entire life..   I've got a 5000+ verified paypal ( which by the way is the 17th paypal ever registered ), i know the founders )

Good for you. I'm sure your e-peen is very large. All I'm saying is that maybe you think for a second before calling someone a slanderer.

beeph (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:04:22 PM

It does.. by the way.. buyers arent afraid of being 'yelled at', they're afraid of not getting what they paid for.. I've sold more crap online than you'll sell in your entire life..   I've got a 5000+ verified paypal ( which by the way is the 17th paypal ever registered ), i know the founders )

Good for you. I'm sure your e-peen is very large. All I'm saying is that maybe you think for a second before calling someone a slanderer.

What are you his mother?  That guy is fucking posting random accusations in my 10,000$ sales thread and trying to scare off my buyers who are skittish as it is.

Why is this any of your business?  I will provide 100% conclusive proof of my identity, sign contracts, take photographs, meet in person, use trusted payment services, provide phone/tech support for anyone genuinely interested in getting up and running in the bitcoin mining biz..  I have a 5000+ verified paypal, credit card authorizatoin forms, 2 companies in good standing in the great state of IL, and can provide proof/documentation of all that.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 08:17:14 PM

The only accusation I see in this thread is:
I dont need you fucking slandering my name and making groundless accusations

Before that, I see him specifically stating, 'Not accusing'
and then explaining why he was a little paranoid.

Also, I donno about you, But I look for professionalism in the people I buy from.

Stuff like:
Not dropping the f-bomb at the slightest provocation.
Taking criticism in stride.
Not making personal attacks on people who try to calm things down.

beeph (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:19:12 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2011, 08:38:05 PM by beeph

The only accusation I see in this thread is:
I dont need you fucking slandering my name and making groundless accusations

Before that, I see him specifically stating, 'Not accusing'
and then explaining why he was a little paranoid.

Also, I donno about you, But I look for professionalism in the people I buy from.

Stuff like:
Not dropping the f-bomb at the slightest provocation.
Taking criticism in stride.
Not making personal attacks on people who try to calm things down.

Then dont buy from me.. and mind your own business.

I have some PCIe 16x-16x extender cables I will sell to anyone in the US for 1 bitcoin each (shipping paid by me).  This is what I'm using in my setup (as per the photo) it may allow u to jam an extra graphics card on your board, if space is an issue.

the graphics cards are mostly gone and i have barebones set ups for approx 200$ with the sempron+fan already installed on the board + 1 gig ram, tested and working, etc.  These are the 890FXA chipset biostars that are 100% capable of running 4 graphics cards tested and running.

bitcoinlover on YIM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: