Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To let shilling go unchecked is dangerous, he’s some proof as to why  (Read 1210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:13:10 PM

Good luck, I think you might be fighting a losing battle though. This connects in with the recent "fake news" debates everywhere. That's what I thought was funny about the presidential elections and the accusations that thousands of shill accounts were used by the russians, etc.  Even if that were the case, it seems like something very difficult to slow down. Perhaps the best we can do is make people more aware of it, so maybe your work will do some good after all. But it is hard for me to imagine a future where AI doesn't make the shill game even harder to control.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiendCoin (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:46:02 PM

Spread the knowledge of shilling/trolling and keep track of the shills and their habits. When you can, out them when they post.

Add to my thread here and refer it to people who might not know.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1879789.0
OP, let's review your recent scaling-related posts before this thread:

Quote from: FiendCoin
Shilling on Bitcointalk has moved to epic levels and I’m tired of it. Battling these shill/trolls is like a part-time job with no pay and little reward. Any newbie coming here for information will have problems discerning what’s true due to these shysters. Instead of outright censorship, as a public service, I offer the Bitcoin Shill Force List!

Anti-Core, anti-Blockstream, pro-Bitcoin Unlimited/alternate client (classic, XT, EC, EXT Blocks, etc.), or Alt coin shills:

franky1 (alex.BTC?)
jonald_fyookball (also shills on Reddit)
iamnotback (thinks he’s a programmer, haughty, Alt coin shill, 24/7 posting?)
kiklo (angry, rude)
cryptoanarchist

Lets see how long before the shills come to defend Emperor Wu.

Congratulations, you're the 3rd or maybe 4th shill alt to call me stupid today, just brilliant.

Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work!

Shills going to shill until they can't and then they resort to name calling smh..

Unlike you, I don't get paid to post, I do it for the lols so I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything unlike you and your shill buddies.

I just like to point out the bullshit shills as a public service  Grin

So says the franky1 alt account  Cheesy

There is no point in arguing with you about anything because you are a paid shill.

Point in fact, if you are pro decentralization you would be anti BU.

Where you stand is well documented, that's why people know you as a shill, its the only explanation why you post the bullshit that you do.

And finally, the most ironic of all:
People notice your name because you keep posting the SAME bullshit over and over, again and again, hour after hour, day after day, on and on and on...

I'm not here to use any ad hominems against you or personally insult you, but it seems like you haven't actually argued anywhere at all in favour of Core or against BU.  You have only relentlessly called everyone else a shill, over and over, again and again, hour after hour, day after day, on and on and on...

It really is getting a bit boring.  I was quite in favour of Core and still am but I don't let my own biases portray everyone else as evil or view myself as the great saviour of Bitcoin or something.

I think you missed the point of my recent posts. I am TIRED of the shills and trying to shine a light on them. So what is you plan, sit back and let them keep spewing the same garbage over and over?

The only way to counter a shill is to refute the arguments they present using reasoned debate.  If you are unable to accomplish this and can only resort to calling them a shill and other names, you have failed and let them go unchecked.  Stop crying shill and actually debunk the arguments they make if you believe them to be so obviously wrong.  It shouldn't be difficult if you have reason and logic on your side.

Usually when I see people use that word, I naturally assume they have no valid points to make.  This is often the juncture at which the baseless finger pointing and character assassinations commence and I know for certain that they've lost the argument.

Why is it in the so-called "communications era" or "information age", people are so incapable of communicating information?  Clearly it's easier just to dismiss all ideas you disagree with by insulting the source of the idea, rather than discussing the pros and cons.  It's just laziness, impatience and quite possibly lack of a spine because you can't even defend your own standpoint before attacking others.

Now stop being weak and learn to debate things properly. 

You cannot debate a shill, they don't quit or give up they just keep posting half-truths or outright lies or twisting whatever information they can to try and keep arguing. You can not convince a shill or "beat" them at their own game. The only thing that you can do is keep pointing out that they are shilling to let others know. I would like like a real discussion but its not possible with shills. I know its tedious but check the post history of the known shills and you will see what I mean.

I wonder why franky has green trust with his obvious shilling for chinese monopolist. Who gave him trust may be it's time to reconsider this assessment. Some newbies may suffer great money loss after reading his posts and going into alts like BTU

But this is not accurate.   You seem to be a little bit misinformed.

Franky has said numerous times he supports many scaling proposals.

Bitcoin unlimited is not an altcoin.  You cannot "go into it" unless if
you are talking about purchasing futures for a non existent version
of Bitcoin (which is a really bad idea).  But Franky never advocated
that, at least that I saw.

He only supports big block proposals because he is a big block shill. He is also a anti-core, anti-blockstream shill who likes to lump all core devs in with blockstream and likes to spread conspiracy theories about them.

Good luck, I think you might be fighting a losing battle though. This connects in with the recent "fake news" debates everywhere. That's what I thought was funny about the presidential elections and the accusations that thousands of shill accounts were used by the russians, etc.  Even if that were the case, it seems like something very difficult to slow down. Perhaps the best we can do is make people more aware of it, so maybe your work will do some good after all. But it is hard for me to imagine a future where AI doesn't make the shill game even harder to control.

This is a lot of work, thanks. I'm going to keep trying but you might be right, a losing battle.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
HustlingWeedToker

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:51:29 PM

Is it not near impossible to track a shill on a forum where so many accounts are available at a small price?

Or creation of such accounts.

There is a lot of dangerous in the world.. and your shills are not a danger to people with electrical signals to their brains.

Live and let live.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:41:32 AM

He only supports big block proposals because he is a big block shill. 

Is someone allowed to support big block proposals and not be a shill?

FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:32:54 AM

Yes they can, and I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with people who only support big blocks, spew anti-core rhetoric and conspiracy theories, and ignores the core road map which calls for bigger blocks when they are necessary and can be done safely.

I have a problem with people who want to endanger the Bitcoin network with reckless and unnecessary politics because of hurt feelings or whatever the case may be.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:36:54 AM

I have a problem with people who only support big blocks, spew anti-core rhetoric and conspiracy theories, and ignores the core road map which calls for bigger blocks when they are necessary and can be done safely.

I have a problem with people who want to endanger the Bitcoin network with reckless and unnecessary politics because of hurt feelings or whatever the case may be.

Bigger blocks have been necessary for a while.  The proof is the long confirmation times and high fees that have emerged recently.  Regardless of whether you think this is because of spam or not, bigger blocks are necessary.

They can be done safely.  Gavin already did testing on 8mb blocks and there are many ways to solve the QH issues.

Does bringing up these points make me a shill?

FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:51:27 AM

Bigger blocks have been necessary for a while.  The proof is the long confirmation times and high fees that have emerged recently.  Regardless of whether you think this is because of spam or not, bigger blocks are necessary.

They can be done safely.  Gavin already did testing on 8mb blocks and there are many ways to solve the QH issues.

Does bringing up these points make me a shill?

If we were following core's road map we would not have long confirmation times or high fees, so no, big blocks are not necessary right now but implementing a plan is.

Regurgitating your false points over and over, along with your single-minded big block obsession and getting me to argue with you again is what makes you a shill.

There is nothing wrong with core's road map and NO ONE had a problem with it when it was released. Politics in Bitcoin is the problem, just look at litecoin.

Jonald, deleting my post, really?

If core's road map is bad, why is it being supported on litecoin by the same miners who claim to hate it on Bitcoin?

Really? The truth hurts, don't it?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:58:33 AM

If we were following core's road map we would not have long confirmation times or high fees, so no, big blocks are not necessary right now but implementing a plan is.

Regurgitating your false points over and over, along with your single-minded big block obsession and getting me to argue with you again is what makes you a shill.

You mean if 95% of miners just went along segwit insted of the 35% that actually are?  That's almost in the 'and if i had wheels i'd be a wagon' category. 

I repeat points because they are so smple but people still don't get them.  The block size IS the problem here.  You somehow think its not and we need this convoluted plan from Core.
That's fine.  You're entitled to your belief.   

FiendCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:07:35 AM

You mean if 95% of miners just went along segwit insted of the 35% that actually are?  That's almost in the 'and if i had wheels i'd be a wagon' category. 

I repeat points because they are so smple but people still don't get them.  The block size IS the problem here.  You somehow think its not and we need this convoluted plan from Core.
That's fine.  You're entitled to your belief.   

Your argument is pointless, all the miners will soon be on SegWit (Bitcoin) like they are on litecoin, only politics has stopped progress.

Core's "convoluted" plan has been embraced, I guess all the miners and multiple communities of cryptos are stupid huh? I guess you're smarter than everyone else?

And you're not a shill right?  Roll Eyes

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:10:46 AM

Your argument is pointless, all the miners will soon be on SegWit (Bitcoin) like they are on litecoin, 

I guess we will see, won't we?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: