Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So seriously is anyone buying?... BTC for cash (that isn't a scammer)  (Read 1814 times)
Jourgensen (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:03:21 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 09:51:36 PM by Jourgensen

Is anyone buying that is not going to back out or *try* and scam me? Cash in the mail or p2p, I am selling 150-300 BTC. Everyone seems to back out after making a deal. No one taking 5% or someting ludicrous.

PM me to talk about it.

Cash money only. Escrow if need be or trusted buyer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 06:26:08 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 06:38:41 AM by TheButterZone

Blame Gox enabling market-wide crashes at the apparent absolute discretion of scumbags. Nobody with half a brain is going to buy that much when it could drop in value anywhere from 20% to 80% in 60 seconds. Best time to cash out would be when the price is +/- $10 stable for a month, at least at the all time high, or higher, because that would mean all the scumbags are either dead or in prison, and any scumbags in waiting are in fear for their lives if they crash the market again.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Jourgensen (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:23:49 PM

I see your point.
fearink

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:00:45 PM

If you were local I'd buy some, but waiting 2-5 days where the price is fluctuating 10%+ a day isn't really fun to watch.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:14:41 PM

Cash through the mail is seriously the WORST way to do a transaction. If you're going to have to wait a few days, why not just use Mt Gox, or better yet, go local?

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:33:28 PM

Is anyone buying that is not going to back out? Cash in the mail or p2p, I am selling 150-300 BTC. Everyone seems to back out after making a deal. No one taking 5% or someting ludicrous.

PM me to talk about it.

Cash money only. MT Gox average price, I ask for no percentage. Escrow if need be or trusted buyer.

I'd be willing to buy as much as 100 BTC via cash in the mail with a trusted escrow.

However, there is no way I'd do it for current MtGox average price when I know that the price could soar or crash any minute.

The best I'd offer for that quantity right now would be $7,500 for 100 BTC. (which is a whole lot worse than the 5% that you've already stated you aren't interested in).

I suspect that to move that volume of BTC for cash and avoid a significant fee, you're either going to have to find someone local, or use MtGox (or perhaps one of the other currency exchanges).

I'll keep an eye on the exchange rate.  If it crashes to the point where the MtGox Average gets near $75, maybe I'll come back and offer to pay MtGox average.
Oldsport

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:17:37 PM

Yikes, I didn't notice the MT.Gox average bit. Withdrawn.

badgerman

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:43:22 PM

Willing to use Western Union ?(full escrow). Its a safe method and Ive bought coins on here before so I can get vouched.

abigfish

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:44:37 AM

dunno about your countries guys ...but in some european ones (mine too) CASH THROUGH MAIL IS ILLEGAL !!! to the extent that if cash through mail is detected ...it WILL BE CONFISCATED !! something regarding anti-laundering policies etc ...

just a heads-up on this method of payment ... and WU is ...well WU ...I remember reading an article once stating that up to 30% of ALL WU transactions are fraudulent or scams ... Cheesy so careful y'all
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:53:15 AM

everyone uses the anonymous polish cards to go from btc to cash. I assume this is how most people make good money yet avoid paying the taxes on their coins, otherwise just using your regular bank account, while not horrible, isn't anonymous.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:27:40 AM

Yes im always buying. How many u got to sell?

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
Jourgensen (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:30:17 AM

Didn't really think this would turn into a discussion on the finer points of the postal system or getting advice how to trade. But regardless I am still selling if anyone is interested.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:43:12 PM

I am always looking for btc or ltc for paypal usd I am willing to pay btc-e spot price. I can pay with other methods, but it would need to be fast. I am basically a coin shop I am interested in selling coins but am not very interested in holding them. I make a tidy little profit selling btc and ltc for paypal and am happy with low risk and decent margins. I typically buy a couple hundred dollars of coins at a time and then sell them off as quick as I can or if I buy larger amounts convert them over to usd on the exchange. Cash in the mail isn't gonna work i need coins within a couple min. of agreeing on price.
Let me know if we can work something out   
flavius

welcome to riches

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:37:13 PM

everyone uses the anonymous polish cards to go from btc to cash. I assume this is how most people make good money yet avoid paying the taxes on their coins, otherwise just using your regular bank account, while not horrible, isn't anonymous.
this post didn't solve the entire thread because why??

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Jourgensen (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:49:14 PM

again
No 1

Activity: 140

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:12:39 PM

pm sent

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
roedieroe

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:18:55 PM

Personally, I think 5% is reasonable for cold hard cash in the mail.  Obviously trust is a big part of any trade, but nobody is going to do you a favor and provide cash in the mail at 1:1, afaik  Roll Eyes
flavius

welcome to riches

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:35:21 PM

the polish cards are 3 dollars for an ATM withdrawal, free to load. I don't know what more you could ask for when going btc to cash.

roedieroe

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:55:42 PM

the polish cards are 3 dollars for an ATM withdrawal, free to load. I don't know what more you could ask for when going btc to cash.
Yes but usually <$200 max withdrawals so that $3 is almost 2% each time, plus the ATM's own fees... adds up
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:59:46 PM

I'm curious on how the mailing the money would work, I know you said escrow would be involved but what would the order of process would the deal go through?
I'm guessing it's pretty risky? huh?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: