Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is just the beginning of the crash.  (Read 4503 times)
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:05:42 AM

there is way too much FUD on this subforum for us to do anything but go right back up...

You can buy bitcoins because tommorow they will be worth much more, isnt it ? Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NikolaTesla (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:06:42 AM

I hope you are wrong, I believe in Bitcoin & crypto currencies and i personally wouldn't want to wait a while for it to come back (i'm sick and tired of Fiat hyper inflation), it needs to keep going strong above $120. Infact if the scenario you're talkin about plays out, i see bitcoin dying forever eventually replaced by another coin. Don't think for a moment there aren't individuals, groups and corporations working to create the next technologically superior Cryptocurrency as we speak, And BitCoin will be nothing more than an "Experiment" as other superior crypto coins arise. Ripple and all the other alt coins are a good example of what is to come. All the ppl wishing for a major BitCoin crash don't realize another mega crash will KILL bitcoin, and your "cheap" coins you wished for will stay "cheap". 
There's no doubt in my mind the world will eventually move to a crypto in the next century but it won't be bitcoin. It will be something new that corrects all the problems with bitcoin such as confirmation times, deflation, lost coins, etc.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:12:10 AM

there is way too much FUD on this subforum for us to do anything but go right back up...

You can buy bitcoins because tommorow they will be worth much more, isnt it ? Cheesy

that's exactly how it works with deflationary currency. Tongue

how about a new thread: "THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE RALLY". when will we see that? probably at the top Wink

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84

supernode

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:13:01 AM

how about a new thread: "THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE RALLY". when will we see that? probably at the top Wink

buy buy buy buy... not Smiley
NikolaTesla (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:13:49 AM

It's not deflationary until 2140. Until then it's INFLATIONARY.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:21:47 AM

Just chuck it in and see what happens. All this bitching aint gonna get nobody no where!
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:32:15 AM

if the growth in demand for bitcoin outpaces its inflation rate, it behaves like a deflationary currency. see price movement from $5 --> $100+, or this warning i posted back in february.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
NikolaTesla (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:53:27 AM

if the growth in demand for bitcoin outpaces its inflation rate, it behaves like a deflationary currency. see price movement from $5 --> $100+, or this warning i posted back in february.

The only growth in demand was from speculators; those are getting out of the market now and abandoning this sinking ship.
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:59:08 AM

The only growth in demand was from speculators; those are getting out of the market now and abandoning this sinking ship.

disagree. a lot of data does as well. do you play on seals with clubs, by any chance? wild speculation led to a bubble, but there is 'real' growth too -- commercial and financial. we also got an unprecedented amount of media attention, the kind thing that does not get factored into price but slowly, over a period of time.

only weak hands are selling right now, and there are a lot of strong hands waiting. i wonder what percentage of buyers in this short bear market were first-time buyers?

BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:04:02 AM

Quote from: NikolaWanker
"crash", "dead-cat bounce", blah blah blah

We're up week-on-week, and now looking pretty robust and stable.

You need to stop shitting yourself every time the price fluctuates. It's quite unsightly for the rest of us.

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:47:53 PM

Zoom out on the time frame for your graph.

LOL tunnel vision syndrome in the house.

im zoom out and then see this:

Which is exactly what virtually all speculative bubbles do. Dot-com bubble, housing bubble, etc all look like that; there is the peak then the drop then the "bounce" back up, then the real drop.

if wrong can you promise to not post for a year?

I've never been wrong on this forum about price direction.

stop posting for a year. thanks

ok
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:03:27 AM

HAHAHA  i love how smoothie always has 255 dollars as the price barrier, smoothie we know you bought in at 255 dollars, stop trolling becouse of it

Maybe he's just restricted to 8 bit values?

you noob bears werent around when your forebears were saying the same thing about those who bought at $32 before the 2011 crash.  you kids probably werent even born then, so i can't expect you to pick up what i'm saying.   all those suckers who bought at 32. i feel bad for them.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:11:52 AM

HAHAHA  i love how smoothie always has 255 dollars as the price barrier, smoothie we know you bought in at 255 dollars, stop trolling becouse of it

you noob bears werent around when your forebears were saying the same thing about those who bought at $32 before the 2011 crash.  you kids probably werent even born then, so i can't expect you to pick up what i'm saying.   all those suckers who bought at 32. i feel bad for them.

losers

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:40:13 AM

Quote from: bitcon link=topic=188141.msg1973567#msg1973567 date=136722267
[quote autr=bitleif link=topic=188141.msg1949105#msg1949105 date=1366963500
HAHAHA  i love how smoothie always has 255 dollars as the price barrier, smoothie we know you bought in at 255 dollars, stop trolling becouse of it

you noob bears werent around when your forebears were saying the same thing about those who bought at $32 before the 2011 crash.  you kids probably werent even born then, so i can't expect you to pick up what i'm saying.   all those suckers who bought at 32. i feel bad for them.

losers
[/quote]
Suckers, the only reason I wasn't lucky enough to buy at $32 in 2011 was because I  wasn't watching. 1 month's the new Year in Bitcoin time (technology fuelled exponential accelerated time)

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Brushan

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:57:23 AM

Zoom out on the time frame for your graph.

LOL tunnel vision syndrome in the house.

im zoom out and then see this:

Which is exactly what virtually all speculative bubbles do. Dot-com bubble, housing bubble, etc all look like that; there is the peak then the drop then the "bounce" back up, then the real drop.

if wrong can you promise to not post for a year?

I've never been wrong on this forum about price direction.

Why are you lying? We saw you make that thread predicting 150 next week and when you were wrong you started changing the name of the thread and shit. To what did you change it? 1.50 USD next week? It was something like that.  Cheesy
I know you sold at 135 but i'll give you a tip.. Swallow your pride and buy back at a loss because the train is departing. Hell, even proudhon agrees with the bulls nowadays.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:20:06 PM

Well said Brushan. It is interesting to think about how BTC is changing how we view and use money. (And it is an education of sorts for many of us). Sort of like how the internet did the same for information and exchange. But, something that remains is "bad and dis-informative" information. It is another part of reality creation, or just plain manipulation of the psyche. If enough people crowd the boards with negative posts, their hope may be to bring the price down to buy more, or just to plain stop bitcoin. But we are talking about a revolution happening here, at least regarding monetary systems. Beyond BTC it is much more than we can possibly imagine, just look around. BTC, to me, is just another step in the right direction. A natural next progression for the internet.

Anyway, to predict a crash in BTC, or a great rise for that matter, is going to take more than TA. Lots of sentiment and world events to consider as well...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:23:27 PM

Today we saw a flash crash to 121, a dead cat bounce back to 140, followed by a steady decline back to the mid 120's. Investor confidence continues to be shattered every week the market does this. No smart money is moving in, I guarantee you no smart investors are saying "hey look what the price has been doing the last few weeks, let's put all our money into bitcoin!"

Wish there was a feature on this forum to auto ignore anyone who uses "dead cat bounce". Fastest way to spot people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Do these "OMFG it's over" threads actually help push the price down? Just wait for a drop and buy back in like a normal person.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
chiropteran

Activity: 348

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 12:25:17 PM

Today we saw a flash crash to 121, a dead cat bounce back to 140, followed by a steady decline back to the mid 120's.

Thanks for making a claim that can be proven to be true or false.  It has turned out to be false.  You were wrong. 

What now?

BitcoinAshley

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:25:31 PM

There's no doubt in my mind the world will eventually move to a crypto in the next century but it won't be bitcoin. It will be something new that corrects all the problems with bitcoin such as confirmation times, deflation, lost coins, etc.

I agree with what you said, however I disagree that deflation is a "problem" with bitcoin. Stores of value / currencies (look at gold and silver, which both functioned as a store of value AND currency for thousands of years, and are deflationary) should be deflationary. You may be operating under a Paul Krugman-esque argument that "deflation = bad cuz ppl dont spend deflating moneys." This is categorically untrue and there is no basis for this argument. When a person's need for a good/service in the present outweighs the potential benefit for holding the deflationary store of value/currency indefinitely, a purchase is made. If this were not the case, no one would have used a silver coin with the King's image on it to buy 50lbs of parsnips at the farmer's market in 1192. But, Paul, that person should have saved the silver because it'd be worth 60lbs of parsnips in 1492! When Columbus sailed the ocean blue!
Sure we can design a coin with inflation but there's no point aside from stimulating unnecessary spending and promoting the "consume consume consume" economic model of infinite growth on top of finite resources.

Quote from: NikolaTesla

You make three claims
1) The only growth in demand was from speculators
2) They are getting out of the market now
3) The ship is sinking

1) Prove it. Plenty of merchant stats to prove otherwise, so you're going to have a hard time proving this "point" that is commonly tossed about with no proof by our resident "occupy wall st. bears." I know it sounds fun to say, and makes things sound all bubbly and bearish, but I simply cannot find any data to indicate that this is the case, so hopefully you can find something that shows you didn't just say it based on "emotion" or "some piece of lint you pulled out of your ass."

2) Prove it. Or are you just guessing... Has volume been at all-time lows in the last month (Hint: No) Or have we seen recent record volume days? (Hint: Yes) Did trade/tx ratio suddenly plummet (Methinks it did not.) At least point to something quantitative that can indicate what you are suggesting.

3) 30day SMA hit a major inflection point but is still moving upwards, now at a healthy and more sustainable rate. Bullish. We even tested the support of the MA (after breaking it for the first/only time in 6 months during the April 10-11 crash and subsequent correction) and bounced right back up. Major bullish. If people can get away with using lagging indicators to suggest a crash (lol google trends and difficulty) I can get away with using SMA Grin

I don't have a problem with grand, sweeping generalities so long as they are followed by an attempt to back them up with data.

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:27:33 PM

Today we saw a flash crash to 121, a dead cat bounce back to 140, followed by a steady decline back to the mid 120's. Investor confidence continues to be shattered every week the market does this. No smart money is moving in, I guarantee you no smart investors are saying "hey look what the price has been doing the last few weeks, let's put all our money into bitcoin!"

Wish there was a feature on this forum to auto ignore anyone who uses "dead cat bounce". Fastest way to spot people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Do these "OMFG it's over" threads actually help push the price down? Just wait for a drop and buy back in like a normal person.
+1 I can't stand these noob idiots. They are the turds turning this place into a sceptic tank. I don't care if someone is a bear, but a couple of these late March 2013, early April 2013 guys are losers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: