Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ETF  (Read 362 times)
Luigi21 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:39:48 AM

I have read that the ETF was postponed, is it true?If yes, when it was postponed?

╔══════╗
zenfuze
╚══════╝
REVOLUTIONARY TRADING PLATFORM
[  The ultimate solution for cryptocurrency trading  ]
[    with built-in connectivity  to major exchanges    ]
████████████████████
████████████████████
████▀█████▀  ▀▀▀████
████   ▀▀      █████
████▄         ██████
█████▄       ███████
██▄      ▄▄█████████
████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████
████  ██████████████
████▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████  ███  ▄▄▄  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████████████████████
████████████████████

Zenfuse is developed to
REVOLUTIONIZE
your trading experience
╔══════╗
trading
╚══════╝
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6158

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:56:40 AM

You mean they scheduled another date to take the decision? the decision has been made and the ETF got rejected (If we are speaking about the twins ETF). I don't exactly remember the day but I guess 10th March. There was another ETF by SolidX I believe but not sure about the details.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:12:38 AM

Yes it has been postponed (both of the proposal) and i don't think it gonna get approval anytime soon. Here are few thread for ETF discussion, you can continue there;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1787676.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1801140.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819362.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1794797.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374706.0
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 11:13:45 AM

I have read that the ETF was postponed, is it true?If yes, when it was postponed?
It was postponed several times before being rejected.

There are plenty of desperate attempts by various groups to get a Bitcoin ETF approved, but it's not going to happen.  The American government is definitely opposed to it, because of their beliefs about fraud being committed with Bitcoin and their thoughts that it should be treated like a penny stock (they don't see any intrinsic value).

The SEC will naturally be conservative about ETFs for very different technology like Bitcoin.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:17:55 AM

When you read something like this, you would have shown us the courtesy of adding the source of such information to it for everyone to decide whether its genuine or not. Because what I have read about ETF is what the earlier poser have equally said about it being rejected and that's some weeks back and if any new thing is coming up, then you should have given us the source. Thanks
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:28:31 AM

ETF? It is really old news now and despite any misleading information it won't be accepted by the Sec any time soon. They have time and time again rejected the approach for Bitcoins and the last time it was rejected their wordings were clear it won't be accepted ever. Just find the thread out here on this forum it was extensively discussed out here maybe if you find it, you can lock this thread.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

ETF? It is really old news now and despite any misleading information it won't be accepted by the Sec any time soon. They have time and time again rejected the approach for Bitcoins and the last time it was rejected their wordings were clear it won't be accepted ever. Just find the thread out here on this forum it was extensively discussed out here maybe if you find it, you can lock this thread.
This is really an old news already and ETF have been rejected by SEC which means government doesnt really have the intention to accept bitcoin.If they rejected already once then expected they would reject it on next. Theres no need to expect that bitcoin would be accepted rather just move on and accept the reality.ETF rejection does affect bitcoins price in the past which it dropped significantly but it does still recover or heal its price again which is expected to happen on bitcoins price.

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:27:31 PM

Im really dissapointed that ETF did not get an approval, that could have been a great investment for everybody who was willing to put some money in it.
I still cannot understand why the majority decided to reject that, it still seems like a great idea, but they are not going to do another vote somewhere close, I assume that it might never happen or maybe in few years.
Still, it looks like the goverment is not going to support the blockchain, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in overall. They prefer to stay with their old system so far, but im sure it is going to change pretty quick, if we will gather enough attention to our small community.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: