Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729070 times)
kalymist

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:43:53 AM

Nah 8 should be enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ToWS

Activity: 38
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:30:43 AM

You may be right, but in the Bitcoin wallet eight connections signifies a receiving only node. A full node requires more than eight.
ToWS
s2tf

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:49:31 AM

Hey BTX fans, I have a couple of questions -:

1. Do you have to register each address that has a balance in you BTX wallet to qualify for the airdrop? I previously registered an address but I only received 3% of that address balance and NOT 3% of the wallet balance.

2. When trying to register additional addresses for the airdrop in the console I get "Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)". My wallet is encrypted and locked but how do I unlock it without actually spending BTX? Surely I don't need to type my passphrase into the console, that would be a security risk?

Thanks!
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:59:58 AM

How we can transfer BTX from multiple addresses to a single one, in the same wallet? any tutorials?

ty for help
I had the same problem. I didn't know what to do, so I transferred my BTX back to the exchange, created a brand new address and then transferred my BTX back into the new address in my wallet. There are probably others ways to do it, but that's what worked for me. If someone has an easier method, I'd be interested in learning it.
You could just make one transaction with all BTX in your wallet to a new address you created in your wallet. No need to transfere to an exchange.
If you activate coin control in the settings menu you can make even more advanced selections every time you send BTX.

@SlowGrowth: Thanks for your great report!

Thank you very much! Always a pleasure to help talented and hard working teams. Also i have updated the post with the final distribution model included in the OP.
sparker327

Activity: 462

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:08:24 PM

ATTENTION BITCORE COMMUNITY

we can use everyone help to get listed on Poloniex!  please fill out this form ( only takes about 3 minutes) 

https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest

here are just a few things you can add:

1: Bitcore has 10 MB blocks with Segwit enabled which allows for the network to handle about 17.6 billion transactions per year, that is an entire years worth of Bitcoin transactions in 3 days.

2: unique  asic resistant pow algorithm Timetravel10 

3: unique difficult adjustment called 64_15 that ensures that there is no more than a 15 percent change in difficulty within a 64 block period.
Just did it , would be nice if there was some good news after monday like listed on a big exchange , maybe keeps the price up.

Done, submitted one as well.
naskel

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 12:16:27 PM

we can use everyone help to get listed on Poloniex!  please fill out this form ( only takes about 3 minutes) 

1: Bitcore has 10 MB blocks with Segwit enabled which allows for the network to handle about 17.6 billion transactions per year, that is an entire years worth of Bitcoin transactions in 3 days.

3: unique difficult adjustment called 64_15 that ensures that there is no more than a 15 percent change in difficulty within a 64 block period.

Done

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░  .:: Free Pool @ http://pool.n-engine.com ::.  ░ << *FREE* AS FREE BEER
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:20:48 PM

Hey BTX fans, I have a couple of questions -:

1. Do you have to register each address that has a balance in you BTX wallet to qualify for the airdrop? I previously registered an address but I only received 3% of that address balance and NOT 3% of the wallet balance.

2. When trying to register additional addresses for the airdrop in the console I get "Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)". My wallet is encrypted and locked but how do I unlock it without actually spending BTX? Surely I don't need to type my passphrase into the console, that would be a security risk?

Thanks!
you have to register every address you want to receive the airdrop. Or jusr put all coins in one address (coin control feature). To sign messages just follow this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.msg23129344#msg23129344

Limx Dev (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:37:47 PM

we can use everyone help to get listed on Poloniex!  please fill out this form ( only takes about 3 minutes)  

2: unique  asic resistant pow algorithm Timetravel10  

Done

Done Thank you  Smiley

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
stzcze

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:49:56 PM

Done
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:34:12 PM

Done

Yup, me 2, done.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 01:36:36 PM

I will join this next month if i have enough money to buy enough coins. How much time will still running this project?
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:05:47 PM

I will join this next month if i have enough money to buy enough coins. How much time will still running this project?

'till the distribution of coins is completed
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:26:36 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 03:25:03 PM by minestro

@Devs

Please step up your game in regards to communication. You have to be much more precise and explicit with your announcements and the whole communication.
Vague wording leads only to confusion and in the end to the most dangerous thing in crpytocurrency uncertainty and unsecurity. Security is the main concept of crpytocurrencies. So please choose your words more wisely and/or ask a native speaker (obviously I'm not one) to help you.
Some examples:
- https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php If you mean address then write address and not wallet. You can't sign a message referencing to a bitcore wallet. A wallet is not an address and vice versa. We could have here much less questions about the confusion for what to sign and how, if wallet would be replace by address in this context

- same page, "PLEASE ENTER YOUR SIGN MESSAGE WITH THE TEXT "AIRDROP", what do you mean by that? I can't really figure out what a "sign message" is. A signed message I know. I know a signature (message signed with a specific key), which is exactly what you want. So perhaps you could write "Please, sign the message "AIRDROP" (without the quotes) with the private key of the address you put in above, and put in here the signature. To sign messages please use your local client. Instructions how to do so can be found here (link)." And please offer first a GUI solution, if it's there. I don't get why you are not communicating officially that at least your qt-Client can do that completely in the GUI, without having to use the console.
I myself am a coder and linux user. I know my way around using the console and know why it's mostly superior to GUIs in context of speed and security. But most of your users don't and they put money on the line with your idea, so I think you are obliged to provide them with most simple and secure option to do s.th. you are asking them for.

- Despite that it's no the most simple way, your instructions assume the wallet is not encrypted. That shouldn't be the case and you especially shouldn't encourage this by putting instructions out there which don't put in consideration your wallet is encrypted.

- new announcement regarding the aidrops and claiming service, "REMEMBER : The claiming at bitcore.cc from the April snapshot will end exactly November, the 2nd, 2017, 12 pm CEST (UTC +2). ", There is just no place on earth where on the 2nd of Nov CEST is the actual timezone. If you look at your clocks in germany and see midnight on 2nd Nov you will be one hour late to the time you stated. You mean CET.

And these are just the ones which came to my mind without actually searching for errors. They might look like little slip ups but they all contribute to confuse people and confusion is what you least want. Because confusion lowers the most valuable thing in cryptocurreny which is absolute trust.
So please the next time you put some wording out there, please think twice about it and please ask some native speaker to look over the words. Thank you, I really like the project and so I hope with my constructive criticism I can help to make it a little bit better.

Shehryar

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

What's the last date to buy the BTX for 25% AIRDROP?
_javier_

Activity: 444
Merit: 31

Still a manic miner

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:03:02 PM

@Devs

Please step up your game in regards to communication. You have to be much more precise and explicit with your announcements and the whole communication.
Vague wording leads only to confusion and in the end to the most dangerous thing in crpytocurrency uncertainty and unsecurity. Security is the main concept of crpytocurrencies. So please choose your words more wisely and/or ask a native speaker (obviously I'm not one) to help you.
Some examples:
- https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php If you mean address then write address and not wallet. You can't sign a message referencing to a bitcore wallet. A wallet is not an address and vice versa. We could have here much less questions about the confusion for what to sign and how, if wallet would be replace by address in this context

- same page, "PLEASE ENTER YOUR SIGN MESSAGE WITH THE TEXT "AIRDROP", what do you mean by that? I can't really figure out what a "sign message" is. A signed message I know. I know a signature (message signed with a specific key), which is exactly what you want. So perhaps you could write "Please, sign the message "AIRDROP" (without the quotes) with the private key of the address you put in above, and put in here the signature. To sign messages please use your local client. Instructions how to do so can be found here (link)." And please offer first a GUI solution, if it's there. I don't get why you are not communicating officially that at least your qt-Client can do that completely in the GUI, without having to use the console.
I myself am a coder and linux user. I know my way around using the console and know why it's mostly superior to GUIs in context of speed and security. But most of your users don't and they put money on the line with your idea, so I think you are obliged to provide them with most simple and secure option to do s.th. you are asking them for.

- new announcement regarding the aidrops and claiming service, "REMEMBER : The claiming at bitcore.cc from the April snapshot will end exactly November, the 2nd, 2017, 12 pm CEST (UTC +2). ", There is just no place on earth where on the 2nd of Nov CEST is the actual timezone. If you look at your clocks in germany and see midnight on 2nd Nov you will be one hour late to the time you stated. You mean CET.

And these are just the ones which came to my mind without actually searching for errors. They might look like little slip ups but they all contribute to confuse people and confusion is what you least want. Because confusion lowers the most valuable thing in cryptocurreny which is absolute trust.
So please the next time you put some wording out there, please think twice about it and please ask some native speaker to look over the words. Thank you, I really like the project and so I hope with my constructive criticism I can help to make it a little bit better.

true that.

https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php   it shoud say "please enter your btx ADDRESS" ... not wallet

and a video embedded in the webpage on how to sign with the wallet would help many.

maybe add some bounties for native translations? ( i apply for the spanish one)

19kt6um75kGg3qKZgui5vucztiGxUpKad5
Saverenergy

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:03:48 PM

I believe that developers need to come up with a real application of BTX before the end of all the distribution of coins. Otherwise, we'll get a big dump after the airdrops.
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:04:02 PM

@Devs

Some examples:

- Despite that it's no the most simple way, your instructions assume the wallet is not encrypted. That shouldn't be the case and you especially shouldn't encourage this by putting instructions out there which don't put in consideration your wallet is encrypted.

Thank you for your criticism and I actually agree with you. I am the one of two native english speakers now attached to the project so next time I will personally make sure any and all wording is completely clear for the community. That being said, it would also be nice if people would do some research. We, among people in the community, have put out a multitude of tutorials on how to signup for the airdrop. This is just the beginning phase and once distribution is done there should be a great deal less confusion. I hope that you will stay with us and know that we are all constantly working hard on things in the background.  
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:32:10 PM

What's the last date to buy the BTX for 25% AIRDROP?

Last day is tomorrow as the airdrop happens on Oct 30th early in UTC time. Also it isnt buying only you have to have a local wallet and register that address on bitcore website https://bitcore.cc/

under airdrop register.

Cool we could always use another investor on board, if you are talking about the airdrop distribution it is approximately 7-9 months based on if and how people cash out or leave their wallets to

compound and gain more interest.
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:33:41 PM

I believe that developers need to come up with a real application of BTX before the end of all the distribution of coins. Otherwise, we'll get a big dump after the airdrops.
Some selling will be done, but I personally will be waiting next +4%

yobit.net is banned from signatures
eldib

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:50:39 PM

Hello

My Bitcore wallet does not sync, someone can help me? is there some node to add ? If yes where I find them ? Thanks in advance for the answer
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: