Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer "stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" issue  (Read 42345 times)
nightengale (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:18:30 PM

I had a couple of my cgminers go offline with the message "stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted", a third however, which was mining on the same pool did not disconnect and kept running fine. I noticed it an hour later...  Huh

I have a failover set up on another pool, but for some reason that did not kick in on either machine.

Has anyone had this issue come up and have you found any solutions? I thought having a failover set up would have prevented my miners frm shutting down...

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:37:36 PM

It would help to know what version
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:30:40 PM

Did you check with your pool op?  Were your failover pools/servers online?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
gnarcoinguy

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:58:46 PM

Seen this a bunch lately on 2.11.4.... its very strange behavior, haven't found a fix yet....
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:25:22 PM

Try cgminer 3.0.1+

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
gnarcoinguy

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:46:13 PM

Didn't know 3.0+ was out CK, will give it a go!
nightengale (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:46:47 PM

Thanks for the reminder to update to the latest, I was using 2.11.4.
gnarcoinguy

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Ran 3.01 last night, unfortunately still had the same issue.  after about 5 hours. I'm gonna try reverting back to 2.11.0, my miners that still use that version haven't had the issue...
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:28:46 PM

You know it's the pool dropping out, right? It also reconnects straight away so unless it's happening often and you see the message about shares being lost due to disconnect, it's not hurting. The newer versions just were more reliable in setting up connections (in windows, as linux didn't have the issue that was improved in 3.0.1).

-ck
gnarcoinguy

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:37:22 PM

I suppose that could be it.  The problem is its consistently losing connection on only this machine, with these newer versions of cgminer. No other miners connected to the same pool have the issue, so its hard to see how its a pool specific issue.  The pool is still up according to every other miner connected.  Also when this error occurs, the failover never takes over either ( in cgminer.conf)....

Oh and to clarify, its not reconnecting which is the issue, both the miner and the pool show there are no more shares being submitted. It could very well be coinotron, its just strange its only  happening on this one new miner.  And not trying to failover at least when it does happen...
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:48:11 PM

I suppose that could be it.  The problem is its consistently losing connection on only this machine, with these newer versions of cgminer. No other miners connected to the same pool have the issue, so its hard to see how its a pool specific issue.  The pool is still up according to every other miner connected.  Also when this error occurs, the failover never takes over either ( in cgminer.conf)....

Oh and to clarify, its not reconnecting which is the issue, both the miner and the pool show there are no more shares being submitted. It could very well be coinotron, its just strange its only  happening on this one new miner.  And not trying to failover at least when it does happen...
How often are you talking about? If it's still hashing away, then it HAS reconnected. That message doesn't mean it has lost the connection forever. However if no shares are being returned at that stage, that's because cgminer only reports the response from the pool, not when you actually send them, so my guess is there's some lossiness in your connection. Ironically new cgminer versions do it "the right way" and expose problems that older versions pretended never happened. I had one user who tracked a somewhat related issue to a bad network card/connection and upgrading the driver fixed it.

-ck
nightengale (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:56:43 PM

When I received this message, the miner had stopped and was no longer hashing. However, after updating to the newer version and making sure I have a failover pool specified, I haven't had any more problems (knock on wood).

Thanks for all of your work on cgminer ckolivas.
gnarcoinguy

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:06:49 PM

How often are you talking about? If it's still hashing away, then it HAS reconnected. That message doesn't mean it has lost the connection forever. However if no shares are being returned at that stage, that's because cgminer only reports the response from the pool, not when you actually send them, so my guess is there's some lossiness in your connection. Ironically new cgminer versions do it "the right way" and expose problems that older versions pretended never happened. I had one user who tracked a somewhat related issue to a bad network card/connection and upgrading the driver fixed it.

Network card might be a place to check, I'll see if I can find some updated drivers.  I'm on the same network as my other miners so the outbound/inbound connectivity is good (35mbit/10mbit).  But to answer your question, no it never reconnects and fails to continue hashing, and the pools show that as well. 
nightengale (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:15:15 AM

Got hit again by this pool disconnection message. Hashing has stopped and my pool info confirms this. I mine from a remote location, so this is really painful. It has happened now on three out of the four machines that I mine on.

I don't think it's a network card issue. I'd switched to BitMinter for a while and was using their java app, and didn't have any connection problems at all during that time.

I'm in a Win 7 x64 environment with the latest version of cgminer if that helps.
tigerbit

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:45:39 PM

Exact same problem here.  Win 7 x64   Was on cgminer 2.11.4, just tried 3.1.0.

Mining with x2 7970s - CG miner seems to lockup, doesn't hash and won't take keyboard input.  Always reports a stratum connection interrupted before going down.

Had this problem a few times earlier this month.  Then has been stable for 14 days or so.  Now last couple of days its 4-5 hours max, then it hangs.

Mining at Bitminter pool with a failover pool set to BTCGuild.  It never fails over, it hangs before. after saying stratum interrupted and then lost shares.  A restart of cgminer restores everything working again (till next time).

I suspect the problem trigger is instability in the stratum connection as it has happened each time Bitminter restart or goes down.  I'm contemplating setting up a local stratum proxy to try to circumvent the problem until this is fixed.

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
silicont

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:23:00 PM

I'm getting this, too.  Running 3.1 on windows, and 3.0 on linux.  Of three rigs, 1 windows and 1 linux both went "pool 0 interrupted" and ceased mining.  The third rig kept on mining.  Neither of the two that "interrupted" failed over.

I'll try setting up a local stratum proxy, but I'm not convinced it will help.

Thanks CK, cgminer is a terrific tool.  The new release is packed with updates!
eretron

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:41:25 AM

Same issue here.

2x 7970 cgminer get stuck when connection is lost...

eretron

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

So did anyone found solution for this issue? I see that most of us are on Bitminter and using multiple 7970 cards?

Could this be 7970 specific problem?

tigerbit

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:27:50 AM

Possibly, still no resolution here  Angry

Ran stable for 36hrs before locking up this time.

Haven't gotten around to setting up a local stratum proxy yet, but have switched pools to BTC guild temporarily to see if that's any more stable.

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:34:04 AM

Happening to me too! Ringing 7850 card. Soon as I start to mine my Internet connection goes bad . Can't even surf web

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: