Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:42:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [New XMD] New XMD Coin  (Read 8853 times)
upggrXMD (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:27:03 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 02:48:27 PM by upggrXMD

XMD is a cryptonote fork with some minor improvements. Development and improvements are ongoing and focus around the code and implementation of the cryptonote protocol.
Currently our dev team focuses on deployment scripts, bugs in the compilation and services around XMD, like pools, games, faucets etc.

If you mined the previous XMD you will need to delete your Appdata/Roaming XMD folder before you run the new one or it will give you and error. The old wallet wont work either it has to be re-compiled from new source code.
For the bad news, yes all old coins are lost. Sorry. I could not figure out how to fix the flaw in the old XMD so I made the coding simplier and compatible with forknote project to help grab their followers.

Coin Information
  • True anonymity & data protection
  • Untraceable payments use ring signature
  • Unlinkable transactions with random data by the sender
  • Blockchain analysis resistant
  • Only CPU-mining & GPU-mining, ASIC-resistant
  • POW mechanism is a voting system for users
  • Multi-signature transactions

Here are the specifics for XMD  :

Genesis Date : 04/25/2017

Coin Supply : 6,666,666.073709551615 coins

Decimal Places : 12

Hash Algorithm : Cryptonight/POW

Block Reward: 41.707 and goes down just a bit with each block

If you are not able to compile because you do not know how perhaps someone in the community will contribute and share or as an alternative this coin is compatible using forknote daemon, simplewallet and miner. I took alot of time adding things into my own source code and the readme.md is pretty detailed.

Window forknote precompiled: https://mega.nz/#!4TwDBLAS!SmtYqiQhQIpxucXvO7ahAH8L7oFx4XtRCmTjATcovdA

Linux forknote precompiled: https://mega.nz/#!5PBiQAqR!XzhEC2An_8cv_6HJyBKz3JI8lQzUzB_jAWy2y-G2zi8

MacOS forknote precompiled: https://mega.nz/#!oeYAXCSR!MOHz6GNXRGnsJ0JFWpOPa6j_CfjyHYU2cVV8FLpatcI

Forknote Source GITHUB: https://github.com/forknote/forknote

just follow the Readme.md it's pretty straight forward with it's instructions

If you would like to make your own mining pools and post them in the thread or PM to me and I will add it here.

Pools
http://xmd.hashpool.eu
http://notepool.pw/xmd
http://xmd.mypool.name

Make pools using
https://github.com/forknote/cryptonote-forknote-pool
***xmdcoin.conf*** config file here: https://mega.nz/#!xTgTEADI!5vq4WwA4x0NAvUCtFb2xstT5tUUMkxeP_eMB3SRglVI

Linux command to start forknote daemon (Start the daemon and let the blockchain sync)
./forknoted.exe --config-file configs/xmdcoin.conf

Linux command to start forknote simplewallet (Start simplewallet only after blockchain has completely sync)
./simplewallet.exe --config-file configs/xmdcoin.conf

You can also build forknote from source code: https://github.com/forknote/forknote along with the above config file ***xmdcoin.conf***

Exchange
http://nicnaccoins.com/altcoin/
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kashking

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 04:32:34 PM

For the bad news, yes all old coins are lost. Sorry. I could not figure out how to fix the flaw in the old XMD so I made the coding simplier and compatible with forknote project to help grab their followers.

Lol, quite the vote of confidence from the dev team right on day 1

upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:45:28 PM

Lol, quite the vote of confidence from the dev team right on day 1
Sorry it has just been very stressful times for me but I really enjoy this project and has kept my mind busy from other stuff
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:57:55 PM

The new coding and change in difficulty retarget solves the flaw in the stalled chain and when this chain catches up to the stalled chain block thats when the voting system built in to crytonote will kick in and the miner will solving the block will decide and that will be it.
BitWhale

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:02:29 PM

Btctalk is full of negativity. It's just going to be a part of business here no matter what, especially with copy & paste coins. It's not that we are being rude/dicks, it's more that we are critical of developers that only make coins for personal gain and have zero plans of actually moving forward with a successful, original cryptocurrency.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:09:17 PM

Btctalk is full of negativity. It's just going to be a part of business here no matter what, especially with copy & paste coins. It's not that we are being rude/dicks, it's more that we are critical of developers that only make coins for personal gain and have zero plans of actually moving forward with a successful, original cryptocurrency.
This is not a business and the developer is the the communities employee to slave and do all the work while some miner just contribute hash and thinks he is entitled to the major profit and the dev has a hand full of dirt. Dev's are not community employees. Their are RPC wallet features that other things can be built from but at first launch it's just miners nagging because the coin doesnt go TO THE MOON at launch. GEEZ
albanes

Activity: 468

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

on which exchanges are going to use XMD ?? pool??
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:16:44 PM

on which exchanges are going to use XMD ?? pool??
With the old coin i submit to Polo but reality set in so I got a major donor who will pay the listing fee for me on 2 good exchanges provided the coin moved past the halted block of the old coin block 25388 and the cryptonote miner voting kicks in. More information on this can be found in the whitepaper of cryptonote.

Pools a built into the github source. I really have no funds to pay for extra servers since I already pay for the nodes hosting.
rossr1

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:42:55 PM

It is a shame you were unable to figure out the issues with the previous version.  I am one of the miners who has lost the coins on the old chain, which obviously is a bit annoying due to wasted electricity.  I hope you don't run into similar issues on this chain, good luck with your project.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

It is a shame you were unable to figure out the issues with the previous version.  I am one of the miners who has lost the coins on the old chain, which obviously is a bit annoying due to wasted electricity.  I hope you don't run into similar issues on this chain, good luck with your project.
I was able to figure out the flaw however and changes to the coding would not be accepted or coinbase would generate a different error. The root centered around two things that have been changed in the new source. Its now more in keeping with BCN which is what most cryptonotes were forked from. So sorry again for the wasted hashes.
rossr1

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:00:07 PM

I was able to figure out the flaw however and changes to the coding would not be accepted or coinbase would generate a different error. The root centered around two things that have been changed in the new source. Its now more in keeping with BCN which is what most cryptonotes were forked from. So sorry again for the wasted hashes.

Its one of things and a good thing you figured it out.  Will you be setting up a new pool to mine at?
epicfailman

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:20:06 PM

@upggrXMD
What about pool? Solo-mining with CPU not so profitable.
Campaigns? Tweeter, Facebook, Signature?
Bounty for pool? For translate?
Dev, we need more info.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:31:57 PM

@upggrXMD
What about pool? Solo-mining with CPU not so profitable.
Campaigns? Tweeter, Facebook, Signature?
Bounty for pool? For translate?
Dev, we need more info.
I am not offering in Twitter or FB bounty since this coin has a very low supply and most bounties for Twitter and FB are xrumer and other software used it really takes like nothing on the persons part. Plus I have that same software and will run it prior to exchange lists; it can also create thousands of profiles per minute which signatures I can control. The pools will be of only interest to me since I have zero funds left. If this coin goes to exchange without a pool the limited supply will benefit those that solo mine and the market will have to play catchup and then they will make pools.
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:45:13 PM

Simplewallet daemon crashes for me.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:01:44 PM

Delete and previous XMD folder and XMD folder in Appdata/Roaming first
Next start daemon XMDd by clicking the icon .bat file
After the chain synchronises then start simplewallet.

It should work because the chain is moving with solo miners already over block 100
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:02:45 PM

You can try the binaries from the Forknote releases page:

https://github.com/forknote/forknote/releases

Then copy the xmdcoin.conf over. I got it working under Linux.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:48:05 PM

Is this a joke or what ? We waste our time and money and you came out with such fucked up fix.Here are for you the only right solutions that you should do:
1.Make premine and swap our old coins
2.Mine now by yourself on new chain and swap our coins
3.Give us back our btc that we invested here
That message makes absolutely no sense. I can't even offer an answer to that which I do not understand. You want me to refund/"Give us back our btc that we invested here"
What btc did you invest cause I sure a hell missed out on that little benefit. this coin never hit any exchange. I only submit it to Polo who will never list it. My hopes is to list it with some alternate exchange but the person who is my father will only give me the money if I can prove the cryptonote voting system workers.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:14:10 PM

Is this a joke or what ? We waste our time and money and you came out with such fucked up fix.Here are for you the only right solutions that you should do:
1.Make premine and swap our old coins
2.Mine now by yourself on new chain and swap our coins
3.Give us back our btc that we invested here
That message makes absolutely no sense. I can't even offer an answer to that which I do not understand. You want me to refund/"Give us back our btc that we invested here"
What btc did you invest cause I sure a hell missed out on that little benefit. this coin never hit any exchange. I only submit it to Polo who will never list it. My hopes is to list it with some alternate exchange but the person who is my father will only give me the money if I can prove the cryptonote voting system workers.

What you don't understand i invested in rigs renting 0.2 btc and you came here with a solution that is no fucking solution.Make new chain premine ,swap coins and don't make people angry.Who will trust you after such action that you propose here !
Okay then so to clarify you paid me nothing. The coin mine with the purchased hash power are still there so since there is no exchange you are free to sell them if you can but fore warning the new chain will overtake the existing chain and those coin will still exist but no miners will move that verison of the chain any further.  Crypto-currency is more like a speculative investment than a currency, so there are no guarantees like the hundreds of other dead coins. This is just a developers efforts to save his work.
markasoftware

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 09:25:35 PM

Does the wallet support Linux? And is there any headless version? Most pool ops don't use Windows.

Check out MarkaPool.
Also check out my open source projects.
upggrXMD (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:31:42 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2017, 10:10:59 PM by upggrXMD

Does the wallet support Linux? And is there any headless version? Most pool ops don't use Windows.
Yes forknote supports Linux build from source using the links below and config file xmdcoin.conf
https://github.com/forknote/forknote/releases/download/2.0.1/forknote-linux.tar.gz
https://github.com/forknote/forknote

config file xmdcoin.conf
https://mega.nz/#!xTgTEADI!5vq4WwA4x0NAvUCtFb2xstT5tUUMkxeP_eMB3SRglVI

Linux command to start forknote daemon
./forknoted.exe --config-file configs/xmdcoin.conf

Linux command to start forknote simplewallet
./simplewallet.exe --config-file configs/xmdcoin.conf
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: