Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:18:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
royserpa
Copper Member

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

Roy's Poker Room - BTC, 0.1% Rake, No KYC

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2019, 06:20:00 AM

I just think that if Reggie/VERI wins this case, MORE scammers will pop up. Thats all I'm saying.
Maybe, but it will also provide clarity for many existing and future projects to proceed with, and it should unleash billions of dollars into crypto.

Reggie filed his response:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l43sl7Q5NLEcNrQGnh4T2n_hBFkGULlx/view

The SEC has been investigating him for 2 years and only now they choose to act? This case is rotten.

BTW, I have seen a few people say that Reggie requested a jury trial. I think it was clear that the request was made in the SEC's filing.

Update:
After reading the defense, Reggie is on solid ground and the SEC is way off base. I'm sure the order freezing funds will be lifted, and that Reggie is likely to win the case. There are other more vulnerable projects the SEC could have chosen, but for some reason they are after VERI. They are going to lose and it is going to propel crypto to the next level.

Well, the thing is that if you want to manipulate a market (like Reggie and Co did) you would have to be a lot more sneaky in the way you do it. He got caught and all the show is going down.

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Bitcoin Poker || No KYC  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  0.1% Rake || Daily GTD Tournaments  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CoinMLS

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 06:43:59 AM

I just think that if Reggie/VERI wins this case, MORE scammers will pop up. Thats all I'm saying.
Maybe, but it will also provide clarity for many existing and future projects to proceed with, and it should unleash billions of dollars into crypto.

The SEC has been investigating him for 2 years and only now they choose to act? This case is rotten.

BTW, I have seen a few people say that Reggie requested a jury trial. I think it was clear that the request was made in the SEC's filing.

Update:
After reading the defense, Reggie is on solid ground and the SEC is way off base. I'm sure the order freezing funds will be lifted, and that Reggie is likely to win the case. There are other more vulnerable projects the SEC could have chosen, but for some reason they are after VERI. They are going to lose and it is going to propel crypto to the next level.

Well, the thing is that if you want to manipulate a market (like Reggie and Co did) you would have to be a lot more sneaky in the way you do it. He got caught and all the show is going down.
Again, it's not illegal to manipulate the price of your own company's software. Microsoft does this all of the time. And if you read Reggie's defense, not only did the SEC fail to provide any evidence or specific details of this manipulation, the trades were Reggie's evaluation and testing of ED which he did announce transparently ahead of time and his trades lead to his conclusion that ED lacked sufficient volume. Reggie and his company are allowed to buy and sell their own product on exchanges. Good luck to the SEC winning that one without specific details of this price manipulation.
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 07:36:37 AM

Update:

Again, it's not illegal to manipulate the price of your own company's software. Microsoft does this all of the time. And if you read Reggie's defense, not only did the SEC fail to provide any evidence or specific details of this manipulation, the trades were Reggie's evaluation and testing of ED which he did announce transparently ahead of time and his trades lead to his conclusion that ED lacked sufficient volume. Reggie and his company are allowed to buy and sell their own product on exchanges. Good luck to the SEC winning that one without specific details of this price manipulation.
So why not sell VERI at Reggies website? then he can set his own price.
royserpa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2019, 09:34:16 AM

Update:

Sure, but I can't resell a Microsoft software at a higher price...

I can't buy a Win 10 license, for say $500, then resell at $6k...

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  0.1% Rake || Daily GTD Tournaments  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
naaktslak5

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 06:15:36 PM

Update:

exactly.
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 02:12:01 AM

This is pretty epic, from Clif High.

http://prnt.sc/owco11
CoinMLS

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 05:57:54 AM

That's because both companies have vastly different business models.
royserpa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2019, 08:50:38 AM

That's because both companies have vastly different business models.

Sure, but there is really not a single software company where I can buy their product and later resell it at a higher price...

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
naaktslak5

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 08:49:44 PM

is that the guy who can look in to the future and knows 10 programming languages? but has a website that looks like its from 1991.
royserpa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 01:36:22 AM

is that the guy who can look in to the future and knows 10 programming languages? but has a website that looks like its from 1991.

Yup, that one hahaha

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 02:12:49 AM

More like the guy that ruin a lot of people's finance by selling them very overpriced and shitty reports and making himself a few hundreds of BTC along the way.
CoinMLS

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 09:20:01 PM

Sure, but there is really not a single software company where I can buy their product and later resell it at a higher price...
Are you saying that Microsoft has never increased the price of their software licenses, such as a yearlong Microsoft Office 365 license?
Again, it's a different model so the license or access fees for VERI have already been paid for and can be re-sold and the supply is controlled by Reggie, and the price is controlled by users (decentralized control). MS has an infinite number of licenses, can raise (or lower) their prices whenever they want (centralized control), and as a consumer (AKAIK) will not let you re-sell your license which will expire whether you use it or not. Apples and oranges, but still fruit.
royserpa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 10:27:46 PM

Are you saying that Microsoft has never increased the price of their software licenses, such as a yearlong Microsoft Office 365 license?
Again, it's a different model so the license or access fees for VERI have already been paid for and can be re-sold and the supply is controlled by Reggie, and the price is controlled by users (decentralized control). MS has an infinite number of licenses, can raise (or lower) their prices whenever they want (centralized control), and as a consumer (AKAIK) will not let you re-sell your license which will expire whether you use it or not. Apples and oranges, but still fruit.

I'm saying that I can't buy, say a Microsoft Office license for $100, then resell that license at a higher price...

Nice pump, Reggie Cheesy

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
CoinMLS

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 02:41:32 AM

I'm saying that I can't buy, say a Microsoft Office license for $100, then resell that license at a higher price...

Nice pump, Reggie Cheesy
Again, apples and oranges. If Microsoft suddenly stopped selling Office licenses, the price would increase because some people need that software. Of course, MS won't do that because they have a different business model which is one of infinite supply of licenses contrasted to the controlled supply of VERI. You can predict if you want that the controlled software license pricing/business model won't work, and you can claim it is flawed, but you can't fault people for trying.
royserpa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 12:34:37 AM

Nice pump, Reggie Cheesy
Again, apples and oranges. If Microsoft suddenly stopped selling Office licenses, the price would increase because some people need that software. Of course, MS won't do that because they have a different business model which is one of infinite supply of licenses contrasted to the controlled supply of VERI. You can predict if you want that the controlled software license pricing/business model won't work, and you can claim it is flawed, but you can't fault people for trying.

Not really... If Microsoft stopped selling Office licenses, people would resort to pirate practices. Licenses wouldn't be able to gain value as there wouldn't even be authorization servers for the licenses to even work properly...

There is no need for "licenses" when they can't even be used as there are no more servers to "authorize" them.

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
CoinMLS

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 01:51:46 AM

Not really... If Microsoft stopped selling Office licenses, people would resort to pirate practices. Licenses wouldn't be able to gain value as there wouldn't even be authorization servers for the licenses to even work properly...

There is no need for "licenses" when they can't even be used as there are no more servers to "authorize" them.
Good job on missing the whole point and highlighting another key difference of the business models. Why wouldn't there be servers to authorize the existing licenses? I didn't say that MS went out of business, I said they stopped selling them thus constricting the supply to the licenses already issued thus making them more valuable. Duh.

The cool thing about crypto-based licenses is that piracy isn't even an issue.
royserpa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 07:47:33 PM

Good job on missing the whole point and highlighting another key difference of the business models. Why wouldn't there be servers to authorize the existing licenses? I didn't say that MS went out of business, I said they stopped selling them thus constricting the supply to the licenses already issued thus making them more valuable. Duh.

The point is veri is a scam due to the manipulation of price by Reggie and co...

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
CoinMLS

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 09:23:56 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2019, 02:15:17 AM by CoinMLS

The point is veri is a scam due to the manipulation of price by Reggie and co...
You need to revisit the definition of a scam. Did he manipulate the price lower?
Where is your evidence? The SEC has yet to provide any, and the trades would have been on Etherdelta so it's all publicly available.
Even if he did manipulate the price higher, that would benefit all VERI holders. I'll gladly buy any crypto or stock where the price is manipulated higher because that is for my benefit. I'll buy into any scam where I can make money.
naaktslak5

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 08:24:11 AM

You need to revisit the definition of a scam. Did he manipulate the price lower?
Where is your evidence? The SEC has yet to provide any, and the trades would have been on Etherdelta so it's all publicly available.
Even if he did manipulate the price higher, that would benefit all VERI holders. I'll gladly buy any crypto or stock where the price is manipulated higher because that is for my benefit. I'll buy into any scam where I can make money.

i guess you are a large bag holder. its not normal for a CEO to manipulate the price. Maybe to dump his coins on people for a higher price? those are shady practices.
CoinMLS

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 02:56:41 PM

i guess you are a large bag holder. its not normal for a CEO to manipulate the price. Maybe to dump his coins on people for a higher price? those are shady practices.
That's all speculation when there is no need to speculate. The ETH blockchain is public, as are the trades on Etherdelta. Please provide the evidence.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: