Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:15:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 04:07:50 PM

Not really... If Microsoft stopped selling Office licenses, people would resort to pirate practices. Licenses wouldn't be able to gain value as there wouldn't even be authorization servers for the licenses to even work properly...

There is no need for "licenses" when they can't even be used as there are no more servers to "authorize" them.
Good job on missing the whole point and highlighting another key difference of the business models. Why wouldn't there be servers to authorize the existing licenses? I didn't say that MS went out of business, I said they stopped selling them thus constricting the supply to the licenses already issued thus making them more valuable. Duh.

The cool thing about crypto-based licenses is that piracy isn't even an issue.

The point is veri is a scam due to the manipulation of price by Reggie and co...
You need to revisit the definition of a scam. Did he manipulate the price lower?
Where is your evidence? The SEC has yet to provide any, and the trades would have been on Etherdelta so it's all publicly available.
Even if he did manipulate the price higher, that would benefit all VERI holders. I'll gladly buy any crypto or stock where the price is manipulated higher because that is for my benefit. I'll buy into any scam where I can make money.

i guess you are a large bag holder. its not normal for a CEO to manipulate the price. Maybe to dump his coins on people for a higher price? those are shady practices.
That's all speculation when there is no need to speculate. The ETH blockchain is public, as are the trades on Etherdelta. Please provide the evidence.
it was in the mail from the SEC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GlobalProtection

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:33:14 PM

Here is someone fighting for Veritaseum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1lse_Y9-Q

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/
naaktslak5

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 05:21:54 PM

ah the scammer who shills shitcoins. no thnx
CoinMLS

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 06:03:30 PM

Bix is a tool.
A message to the SEC from VERI holders is a good idea, but that petition is poorly written.
Flex2222

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 10:42:13 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2019, 10:53:32 PM by Flex2222

I think Reggie is one of the very few persons in this space who actually gets shit done and tries do deliver a real life application of his product.
The VeADIR is a really nice start, and could potentially lead to a real price discovery of certain goods in many areas.
So its kind of a joke that the SEC has filed charges against Veri and not against any of the other 1000 shitcoins out there which delivered nothing and basically stole the money of their investors( in many cases 100s of millions of dollars).
Maybe its because the VeADIR concept could be a real danger for the traditional rigged markets.(smart contracts which ensure that u can get ur goods delivered to your home if u want to)
Especially in the rigged silver and gold markets, but basically everywhere.
IF it would go Mainstream, and thats a big if when u look at the recent volume since the fake bot volume has vanished( probably cause of SEC charges).
Furthermore the recent spike in price means nothing cause of the low volume but who knows how small these crypto markets really are without bot trading, certainly it shows that veri has much room to grow and i believe it will.
This isnt over.
Good luck to you Reggie Wink
naaktslak5

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 08:06:14 AM

I think Reggie is one of the very few persons in this space who actually gets shit done and tries do deliver a real life application of his product.
The VeADIR is a really nice start, and could potentially lead to a real price discovery of certain goods in many areas.
So its kind of a joke that the SEC has filed charges against Veri and not against any of the other 1000 shitcoins out there which delivered nothing and basically stole the money of their investors( in many cases 100s of millions of dollars).
Maybe its because the VeADIR concept could be a real danger for the traditional rigged markets.(smart contracts which ensure that u can get ur goods delivered to your home if u want to)
IF it would go Mainstream, and thats a big if when u look at the recent volume since the fake bot volume has vanished( probably cause of SEC charges).
Furthermore the recent spike in price means nothing cause of the low volume but who knows how small these crypto markets really are without bot trading, certainly it shows that veri has much room to grow and i believe it will.
This isnt over.

i dont see many people using his product, no one knows it even after 3 years. if many people were using it then there should be more tokens in circulation, its still around 2 million like 2 years ago.
Flex2222

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 11:01:12 PM

This isnt over.

i dont see many people using his product, no one knows it even after 3 years. if many people were using it then there should be more tokens in circulation, its still around 2 million like 2 years ago.

Your right thats a problem, there should be more effort to promote for example the VeADIR after the SEC charges have been delt with.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 03:10:15 AM

This isnt over.

Your right thats a problem, there should be more effort to promote for example the VeADIR after the SEC charges have been delt with.

can you explain briefly the VeADIR powerful possible action on precious metal markets ?
Flex2222

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 10:05:00 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2019, 11:10:25 AM by Flex2222

This isnt over.

can you explain briefly the VeADIR powerful possible action on precious metal markets ?

Sure.
In the traditional markets u usually buy a security if u purchase silver or gold. (not sure if securities is the phrase to use english is not my native language but u get my point i think)
There are a lot more silver securities out there than actuall physical silver or gold.(in many cases the investor shares his silver with a few hundred other investors)
So you can artificially surpress the gold and silver price by increasing the supply with securities.
But the VeADIR ensures via smart contract that ur purchased metals are physically covered by real gold or silver.(Reggie spent over half a million US dollar last month to purchase physical metals for the VeADIR) Which is much better for u as a customer because i think the moment will come when investors realise that their securities are uncovered and virtually are worth nothing.
When at this point the VeADIR would be much more popular then it is now it could be an alternative to the rigged traditional markets and lead to a real price discovery in silver and gold where the outcome of the price would be substantially higher.
Flex2222

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 10:29:18 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2019, 02:05:46 PM by Flex2222

basically the VeADIR brings us back to the point in history where the bankers just stored your gold and did not yet start to lend it out cause they knew most people would just leave their money/gold in the bank and they wouldnt get caught when they enrich themself with the wealth of others.
Thats how powerfull The concept is it potentially brings us back to a point in history before manipulation in the financial markets started big time.
You can do this with every other cryptocurrency on which u can write smart contracts but Veri has actually done it, i dont know if  DigixDAO has allready delivered a working solution like the VeADIR but its the same concept.
naaktslak5

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 06:49:29 PM

This isnt over.

Sure.
In the traditional markets u usually buy a security if u purchase silver or gold. (not sure if securities is the phrase to use english is not my native language but u get my point i think)
There are a lot more silver securities out there than actuall physical silver or gold.(in many cases the investor shares his silver with a few hundred other investors)
So you can artificially surpress the gold and silver price by increasing the supply with securities.
But the VeADIR ensures via smart contract that ur purchased metals are physically covered by real gold or silver.(Reggie spent over half a million US dollar last month to purchase physical metals for the VeADIR) Which is much better for u as a customer because i think the moment will come when investors realise that their securities are uncovered and virtually are worth nothing.
When at this point the VeADIR would be much more popular then it is now it could be an alternative to the rigged traditional markets and lead to a real price discovery in silver and gold where the outcome of the price would be substantially higher.
we still have to trust a third party. the point of having crypto is that you dont have to trust a third party. just buy some gold stocks, gold coins and bitcoin, more liquidity and safer.
Flex2222

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 10:59:14 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2019, 12:34:46 AM by Flex2222

This isnt over.

Sure.
we still have to trust a third party. the point of having crypto is that you dont have to trust a third party. just buy some gold stocks, gold coins and bitcoin, more liquidity and safer.

U cant buy anything without actually getting in contact with someone which u do in this case with Reggie and his team.
The so called "third party" u dont want to trust is now not able, as it is in the traditional markets, to just promise that they can deliver your purchased goods. There is an actual legally binding contract, so u could sue reggie if he wouldnt deliver... no chance in trying that with a silver security.
For peer to peer exchange your right no third party is needed but if u want ot buy a house or gold or land u always have to trust that your trading partner is able to deliver. Smart contracts can enforce the conditions of the contract without a certifying notary but they cant deliver goods to your home u need someone who actually delivers.
Crypto can do nothing about that bro.
Only if we have one Giant trading partner who is able to "veritise" the correct price of the tradebale goods u dont have to see them any longer as a third party.( I think this is the plan reggie has had in mind for a long time now with Veritaseum but we are far far away from that)
CoinMLS

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 07:07:34 AM

The observation that the supply hasn't changed doesn't mean no one is using the token. When a VERI token is redeemed for services, it goes back into inventory which reduces (not increases) circulating supply. The only way for circulating supply to increase is for Reggie to sell inventory.

AFAIK, VeADIR is still in Beta and I believe that was due to regulatory uncertainty, esp for US users. However, plenty of people have purchased and redeemed physical precious metals and a couple dozen have purchased research reports with VERI.

Clearly, the consumption of VERI has been slow as the build-out of these products has been also while we all wait for regulatory certainty to proceed. It's always slower than we'd like. It seems to me that one thing missing is probably a marketing campaign to let the world know that these products are available, particular the metals program.

It appears that Reggie is putting his greatest effort into developing products for/with African national stock exchanges which is probably a good strategy as you have willing and open minded governments and smaller project scale to launch a trial project with. Once it's proven there it's easy to duplicate and expand. I'll admit though, I'm unclear of the role of the VERI token in any African exchange project although his videos seemed to indicate that he would be providing VeGold tokens for these exchanges to use in their exchanges or national economies somehow.
Flex2222

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 12:59:17 AM

any news about the filled charges by the SEC? Or any news in general last time I heard from reggie was in august
CoinMLS

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 01:42:59 AM

any news about the filled charges by the SEC? Or any news in general last time I heard from reggie was in august
I think there's a hearing later this month.
Flex2222

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 08:24:55 PM

nice spike in price, despite the recent troubles veri had.
CoinMLS

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 09:07:17 PM

That's because Reggie is in settlement talks with SEC.
https://www.coindesk.com/sec-in-settlement-talks-with-fraudulent-ico-organizer-reg-middleton

He'll pay a small fine and then he'll be free to run his business.
Flex2222

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 09:24:11 PM

That's because Reggie is in settlement talks with SEC.
https://www.coindesk.com/sec-in-settlement-talks-with-fraudulent-ico-organizer-reg-middleton

He'll pay a small fine and then he'll be free to run his business.

that are good news thx for the info my man Wink
CoinMLS

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 08:43:50 PM

Look at the price, back over $20! I hope you all loaded up at $6.
royserpa
Copper Member

Activity: 165

Roy's Poker Room - BTC, 0.1% Rake, No KYC

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 07:43:28 PM

Look at the price, back over $20! I hope you all loaded up at $6.

Yup! Nice pump by Reggie and Co!!!
I knew Reggies wouldn't stand pumping his shitcoin again Cheesy:D

●   Roy's Poker Room   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Bitcoin Poker || No KYC  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  0.1% Rake || Daily GTD Tournaments  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: