Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:10:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

The recent high Bitcoin transaction fees is worrisome but that is one of the price to pay for
  influx of a lot of people to the cryptocurrency space. The network is very slow these days compared
  to what was obtainable in the beginning.

that is right mate and for sure it will be solved in no time because that would not surely be the case that people will be discouraged in getting bitcoin. We want many people to be in the industry so that all of us will be happy and wealthy Smiley
roberthus

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:21:10 PM

I do not know if it's fair but it's the fever of the moment, so maybe they'll take advantage of it
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:32:10 PM

I do not know if it's fair but it's the fever of the moment, so maybe they'll take advantage of it
I think it's fair yes, the problem in finding the bitcoin is tailored to what we have done, so we do not have to worry if our sustenance is confused with others.

haster100

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:51:34 PM

I think it's relative ... If you live in a country with many limitations in the economy and with very high inflation rates, I think it's worth paying a higher rate to have a safer way to keep your wealth. But if Bitcoin wants to influence the economy of the whole world, then certainly such fees should be reduced, and such delays in confirmations should be eliminated.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Not all transactions in different companies deals with bitcoin  are fare in terms of transaction fees. There are lots of bitcoin wallet companies who promotes or offers bitcoin. 
There revenues came from these transaction fees so it is very vital to them in order survive.  I think as a investor we should find a company who offers reasonable transaction fees with excellent services.
coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:03:04 PM

Not fair,
it will be nice if it could be reduced to encourage new investors
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:08:09 PM

I think it's fair yes, the problem in finding the bitcoin is tailored to what we have done, so we do not have to worry if our sustenance is confused with others.

I wonder your argument for saying the current fees are fair enough. They're not fair to me and the amount of money you spend for performing a regular bitcoin transaction is way too high at the moment.
JehanleMauvais

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:14:51 PM

I do not think that they are fair to me. The fees are very high and it costs me a lot of money. Damn. Bitcoin needs some improvement to become a good source of money.
BobbyZounours

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:16:01 PM

if the transaction fee is low (and if the confirmation happens quickly), then there will be more transactions and the total fee per block would see a significant rise. But most of the miners are short-sighted and they are against increasing the block size.
rezzx

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:18:35 PM

it's a classic case of supply and demand. there is a huge demand now and the network is overloaded, thats why there are higher fees. also, remember that you can't reduce the fees too much because mining becomes more and more expensive thing to do. if fees are reduced too much people will no longer get into mining business, which will result in longer confirmation times, and then, yes, higher fees.
MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:21:14 PM

For now the fees are not fair. It is so expensive and greatly affects  me because I think that my income get wasted because of a very high transaction fees.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:21:50 PM

If you do not want to overpay for BTC transfers, it is best to start by using a wallet that allows you to set the charges yourself. The most popular ones for the desktop are Electrum and Bitcoin Core. If you prefer mobile wallets, Coinomi also offers this functionality. To choose the lowest possible price, it is best to check the last block, for example at blockchain.info, search for the satoshi / byte value of the lowest listings and set the minimum price to yourself. Such a transaction should then be quickly confirmed in the next block at the minimum fee.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 08:42:14 PM

This will be a problem of the goal of decentralizing the currency, the fee will become more expensive and will only become a commodity of the rich. On the other hand, the increase in fee also corresponds to the increase of bitcoin price. If the cost of allocation remains low then the service provider will go bankrupt instantly, I agree to keep the fee within normal limits.
mr.bean865

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:49:32 PM

This will be a problem of the goal of decentralizing the currency, the fee will become more expensive and will only become a commodity of the rich. On the other hand, the increase in fee also corresponds to the increase of bitcoin price. If the cost of allocation remains low then the service provider will go bankrupt instantly, I agree to keep the fee within normal limits.
Yes it is fair to put fee on the transactions up to acceptable level but now a days as crytocurrency market is flourishing more day by day they are now charging more fees then ever before which is very frustrating for all so they need to take the fees down to a certain average level.
Rohithrao

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:23:17 AM

In my view, this is the point where we need to shift to other alternatives like LTC, ETH... though the coins traded on these crypto's are still less in number but as the demand increases i guess all coins will also get traded on these crypto's
fogsan

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:01:00 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.
The transaction fee is fair because the value is determined by supply and demand, but it is too expensive for me, so I do not want to use bit coin remittance.
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:08:46 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

Payment of btc always equate with the price. if the price is high they also charge high. the problem is those holder of small amount of btc, those btc will remain idle because it cannot compensate the charge itself.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
HorribleGuy01

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:11:47 AM

Actually its not really fair right now. The fees in bitcoin has been a problem and we kept on ignoring it. Although the market value of bitcoin is high it doesn't have to mean that TX fees are also high.
luigidosado

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:34:47 AM

Bitcoins transaction fee is actually a bit fair and reasonable for both users and bitcoin itself. We gain a lot from bitcoin as a return we pay bitcoin an amount proportional to the value that we are trying to withdraw. But it would also be good if transaction fees are much cheaper so that people won't suffer much from it. But no one can actually dictate it but the market.

shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:39:27 AM

Bitcoins transaction fee is actually a bit fair and reasonable for both users and bitcoin itself. We gain a lot from bitcoin as a return we pay bitcoin an amount proportional to the value that we are trying to withdraw. But it would also be good if transaction fees are much cheaper so that people won't suffer much from it. But no one can actually dictate it but the market.
Well, BTC transaction fee was increased in last some weeks due to high number of transaction due to which network was too overload and transaction process was also somewhere slow But now again all things are mostly recover and other thing is that if we see price of BTC and transaction fee on them then i think that fee is very negligible as compare to other area of taxes.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: