Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:40:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
gladiusnl

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:41:05 PM

I couldn't imagine the expensive fee when bitcoin prices continue to rise. Of course 10k USD will have a very high rate. And of course the fee will be very big. And it will be burdensome for users. So I think, if the value of bitcoins increased then we have to pay more fees.On the other hand if the value of bitcoins decreased then we have to pay the low fees.

oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:50:02 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:02:05 PM

We need those miners so don't ever think in that way. Yes the higher the price, the more money the miners will have but this somehow a business. We have nothing to do just to pay the fee or else no transactions will happen. On the other hand it is hard for us to pay higher fees when the price is low. Don't ever think about that?
Fees are fair to every parties, to the miners and for us. We need each other, expand your ideas and make a stronger stand.
Spades77

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:09:31 PM

Well personally, i think it is fair and it is necessary. I know that the transaction fees can be really high depending on the amount you are going to move but if you think about it, this fee is still cheaper that what you need to pay for the fees of Paypal, Western Union or other money transfer companies. Necessary because these fees are for a smooth and efficient transaction that we need to do.
Zaarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:15:25 PM

I think there is bitcoin along with the linked fees and the cost or value equally. Due to the rising Bitcoin network fees we atmosphere there is a compulsion to revisit the Local Bitcoins transaction loan system. In order divide the costs of handling Bitcoin transactions in a fair appearance we are introducing strengthening fees for incoming transactions.

Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:32:01 PM

If bitcoin transactions are faster, efficient and safe, i would rather believe the fees are fair enough. I won't compare bitcoin trsnsaction fees with much lower fees but the service is slow and not even safe. It is incomparable with others which do not provide the technology which provide faster results.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Arisgado

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:44:40 PM

If we look at current transactions may not be fair. The transaction fees of Bitcoin depends on the number of transactions on the Bitcoin network. However, the problem is that there are transactions that are taking 12-24 hours and that is too much. We are paying fees cause we have to support this industry and keep it working in a decent way.  The higher the fee, the faster the transaction. They always prioritize such transactions.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:25:34 AM

Well personally, i think it is fair and it is necessary. I know that the transaction fees can be really high depending on the amount you are going to move but if you think about it, this fee is still cheaper that what you need to pay for the fees of Paypal, Western Union or other money transfer companies. Necessary because these fees are for a smooth and efficient transaction that we need to do.
If you compare the Bitcoin transaction fees to the transaction fees of business services like PayPal, Western Union, you also knew the transaction fees of Bitcoin is very cheap if compare against these services. Total time to receive money from Bitcoin is better than WU (Western Union) and slowly than Paypal. Of course, Paypal is a centralized system, it does not need to have much confirm in system like decentralized system.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
sosisbakar12

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:37:55 AM

dont worry about it, let the miners work and we have to support it by helping them with a rather expensive cost so that everything runs stable Wink
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:44:52 AM

A lot of crypto charges are simply exorbitant and totally unacceptable. To charge for gas more than the transaction even intended is an abnormality witnessed in the crypto business.
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:09:03 AM

The transaction fees are really high to transfer bitcoin. I hope they scale properly to have transaciton fees lower if they want bitcoin to be used as a world wide payment system.They are definitely working on this.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:33:56 AM

Bitcoin transaction fees are only fair if your transaction is big but if you will only send 0.01 and you need to pay for 0.001 for the fee then that's unfair. And sometimes even if you pay a highers fee the transaction still takes time and that is frustrating.
15putriutami

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:42:31 AM

i think it is only fair that our wallet provider should get tansaction fees so that they will have additional funds to continue their operations. The only thing that is not fair is that there are transaction fees but the transactions are eating too much time before it succeeds.
Nightmare0619

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:44:27 AM

It's not fair but it is also reasonable, high fees are just because of the increase in price of bitcoin. This has to be done to preserved the balance of the industry especially for the miners. Tho in the past bitcoin has low transaction fees because it's price is not that high compared to the present.
FindYourIco

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:38:44 PM

The fees are fair in the sense that we are all competing equally for that block space but it doesn't mean the blockchain is useful for most daily transactions as it was originally intended. If nothing comes of the latest scaling compromise I think we will eventually see fees in the 500 satoshi/byte range.
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:45:45 PM

when the price of bitcoin is going high, the amount of transaction fees in btc is just the same but the corresponding value of it is big when the price is high. Hence, nothing really change and all you have to do is to transact less as much as you can.
gemmabrown

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

Basically, we were sort of tricked into believing the fees would be low forever, however, they will likely become comparable to current transactions when BTC gets mainstream.
rhea1715

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:07:00 PM

For me, small fees won't hurt, however nowadays wherein a lot of people are already using bitcoins, they couldn't refuse to charge bigger. But as long as it is reasonable, it's fine, not just too high that people will begin to think that it's already too much because if that's the case, the tendency will be people will start doubting bitcoin, and we wouldn't want that to happen.

BITMILLEX     █▐    MOST SECURE, MOST COMPLETE EXCHANGE   
[ Trade, Earn, Invest ]
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:27:17 PM

you may say the cost is very expensive and unfair if bitcoin is only in your country only and is only used by the people in your country, do you think like this bitcoin does not live in society that exist in your country only, you know that bitcoin covers all countries that have currency of different value, you will understand that later
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:22:59 AM

I think it is fair. bitcoin fee was very low at the beginning of bitcoin released.
why ? because bitcoin value itself was low.
now bitcoin value is high, then no wonder the fee high too.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: